R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
Tech Master
 
dgdcustoms's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfiled, NE
Posts: 1,760
Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)
Default Whats a GOOD car for RCGT class????

Hey everyone,
Well i plan on getting into the RCGT class this winter(after off-road season).I started to look for a car to run...but man are there soooo many good ones, and pricey ones too.
What would be a good car to get without breaking the bank.I was realy looking at the Xray T2Pro.and just upgrade it as i go.Or do i just spend the money and get the top of the line one?Also if i should spend the money then it would be between the Xray and Corally.Please help me out be I go nuts tryen to figure out what to buy.
thanks in advance,,,
__________________
Schumacher-Team Tekin-Fantom Racing-Futaba-Savox
Emery's Kustom Painting
DiscountRCStore.com-for everything Schumacher!!
dgdcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
Racecrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: RC Mecca
Posts: 4,138
Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdcustoms View Post
Hey everyone,
Well i plan on getting into the RCGT class this winter(after off-road season).I started to look for a car to run...but man are there soooo many good ones, and pricey ones too.
What would be a good car to get without breaking the bank.I was realy looking at the Xray T2Pro.and just upgrade it as i go.Or do i just spend the money and get the top of the line one?Also if i should spend the money then it would be between the Xray and Corally.Please help me out be I go nuts tryen to figure out what to buy.
thanks in advance,,,


Tamiya TB03.

Shaft cars are the best for low powered motors.

It's inexpensive, easy to find parts for and you can upgrade it as you go.

I run RCGT and have only added the flourine shocks, CV axles and swaybar set. The rest is bone stock (Though I will be adding the Hop Up steering for precise handling)

And one of the cool features about Tamiya are their body choices!!

Here's one....

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=120&id=8504
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdcustoms View Post
Hey everyone,
Well i plan on getting into the RCGT class this winter(after off-road season).I started to look for a car to run...but man are there soooo many good ones, and pricey ones too.
What would be a good car to get without breaking the bank.I was realy looking at the Xray T2Pro.and just upgrade it as i go.Or do i just spend the money and get the top of the line one?Also if i should spend the money then it would be between the Xray and Corally.Please help me out be I go nuts tryen to figure out what to buy.
thanks in advance,,,
visit www.rcgtshowdown.com and you'll see a ton of different bodies.

like Racecrafter said TB-03 is a great choice that allows you to upgrade as you go along. also lets you run in the TCS series in the GT2 class. (bodies and motors are the same as RCGT).
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
J.Dy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 155
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
visit www.rcgtshowdown.com and you'll see a ton of different bodies.

like Racecrafter said TB-03 is a great choice that allows you to upgrade as you go along. also lets you run in the TCS series in the GT2 class. (bodies and motors are the same as RCGT).
Hey Chris, got any RCGT setup for the TB-03 you're willing to share? Let me know, so I don't have to sell my car to you .
__________________
R1wurks Competition Products
ABC Hobby USA
J.Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:18 AM   #5
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Dy View Post
Hey Chris, got any RCGT setup for the TB-03 you're willing to share? Let me know, so I don't have to sell my car to you .
email me your set up ([email protected]) or come see me on sat.. we'll work on it for you.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE TRACK RACEWAY Apex Mid Atlantic RC Racing 28983 12-14-2017 07:08 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:02 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net