Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats a GOOD car for RCGT class????

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default Whats a GOOD car for RCGT class????

Hey everyone,
Well i plan on getting into the RCGT class this winter(after off-road season).I started to look for a car to run...but man are there soooo many good ones, and pricey ones too.
What would be a good car to get without breaking the bank.I was realy looking at the Xray T2Pro.and just upgrade it as i go.Or do i just spend the money and get the top of the line one?Also if i should spend the money then it would be between the Xray and Corally.Please help me out be I go nuts tryen to figure out what to buy.
thanks in advance,,,
Old 07-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by dgdcustoms
Hey everyone,
Well i plan on getting into the RCGT class this winter(after off-road season).I started to look for a car to run...but man are there soooo many good ones, and pricey ones too.
What would be a good car to get without breaking the bank.I was realy looking at the Xray T2Pro.and just upgrade it as i go.Or do i just spend the money and get the top of the line one?Also if i should spend the money then it would be between the Xray and Corally.Please help me out be I go nuts tryen to figure out what to buy.
thanks in advance,,,

Tamiya TB03.

Shaft cars are the best for low powered motors.

It's inexpensive, easy to find parts for and you can upgrade it as you go.

I run RCGT and have only added the flourine shocks, CV axles and swaybar set. The rest is bone stock (Though I will be adding the Hop Up steering for precise handling)

And one of the cool features about Tamiya are their body choices!!

Here's one....

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=120&id=8504
Old 07-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgdcustoms
Hey everyone,
thanks in advance,,,
visit www.rcgtshowdown.com and you'll see a ton of different bodies.

like Racecrafter said TB-03 is a great choice that allows you to upgrade as you go along. also lets you run in the TCS series in the GT2 class. (bodies and motors are the same as RCGT).
Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
visit www.rcgtshowdown.com and you'll see a ton of different bodies.

like Racecrafter said TB-03 is a great choice that allows you to upgrade as you go along. also lets you run in the TCS series in the GT2 class. (bodies and motors are the same as RCGT).
Hey Chris, got any RCGT setup for the TB-03 you're willing to share? Let me know, so I don't have to sell my car to you .
Old 07-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Dy
Hey Chris, got any RCGT setup for the TB-03 you're willing to share? Let me know, so I don't have to sell my car to you .
email me your set up ([email protected]) or come see me on sat.. we'll work on it for you.