R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-07-2009, 04:21 AM   #16
Tech Initiate

How difficult is it to access the diff on the TC5R?? And how difficult is to replace/repair?
nm6978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm6978 View Post
How difficult is it to access the diff on the TC5R?? And how difficult is to replace/repair?
i dot it the fast and lazy way and just remove 4 little screws that are holding the shock towers to the bulkheads. i found the diff to be kind of easy to fix. my outdrives dont last very long but replacement is easy. rebuilding is easy too.
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

Is there much space for electrics?Can anybody compare this to the space on the MI3??
Old 07-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Is there much space for electrics?Can anybody compare this to the space on the MI3??
Can I suggest you to get the new Mi4? No...really.

You are actually getting something that is NOT going to make it a NIGHT AND DAY different compare to your Mi3. If you are comparing a HPI RS4 to a Mi3 or TC5R then I am sure there are 100 reasons that you MUST get the TC5R. But you are running a very nice competition level Schumacher Mi3 that has a lot of cutting edge design that is JUST AS GOOD as the TC5R....why bother?

There are nothing wrong with TC5R I am sure...but a lot of ppl getting it because a lot of LHS here only stock AE parts...if you are in UK, I think that is a complete opposite, stocking UK parts like Schumacher is probably not a problem. And you are already running a fine car with parts already.

If you are asking about something totally different like the Team Magic E4RS (different design TC) then I think you should do some investigation.

But of course, if you are already sick and tired about the Mi3 and want a new car, then TC5R is perfect for you...but so does Xray, Hot Bodies, Top, Yokomo....etc.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
Tech Initiate

Well I am from Ireland where there is only one Hobby Store and its on the opposite side of the country.I already owned an E4RS but I found that while it worked well on open tracks it did not work well on the track I usually race on.I am not sick and tired of the MI3(although it can be a bit frustrating at times) just wondering whether I can benefit more from the TC5R.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:29 AM   #21
Tech Initiate

TTT!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Well I am from Ireland where there is only one Hobby Store and its on the opposite side of the country.I already owned an E4RS but I found that while it worked well on open tracks it did not work well on the track I usually race on.I am not sick and tired of the MI3(although it can be a bit frustrating at times) just wondering whether I can benefit more from the TC5R.
I kinda figured out you are non US racer (you said you raced at track that has WOOD surface...only over Europe area).
I too has E4RS (carpet version, foam version and outdoor version) but I too has the Mi3.5 for indoor, outdoor and USVTA use...they are totally different cars, with totally different charactoristic, totally different feel...and they are WORTH to explore cause they are so different...

You also asking about how easy to change the diff on TC5...how can ANY CAR in the market right now can change the diff any faster then the Mi3 or Mi4 design? That is one AWESOME design, removed 2 screws and you can take out the rear diff...remove 2 more screws for the steering pod on the front, the whole front diff is out...I demonstrate that design @ last year I-HOBBY to alot of visitor and all be done within 10 seconds.

If you asking me the different between Mi3 and TC5, the different is NOT that great compare to Mi3 vs E4RS. I can only tell you AE parts are cheaper, but not like 50% cheaper. Both of the car required zero options UNLESS you want to refine and to the extreme, it is the owner options.

If you really need some real opinion, you need to ask those who ran Mi3 for 1-2 years, then changed to TC5R for now and have their LAP TIMES to prove you that TC5R is hands down better then Mi3. Otherwise, you will only see those who owns TC5R saying it is the best and those who ran Mi3 for now saying it is the best...then those who run Xray saying nothing can beat them...
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #23
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I have had both cars. I ran for Schumacher in the past and the MI3 was the last car I had before I wuit racing. It was a great car for me. 2 screws to remove the diff, more adjustments that I knew what to do with, and very durable car for me. I truely have no complaints.

I took about 3 years off and now back into touring cars. I have a TC5R this time and mainly at first it was because I could get a great used one for a low price. It is also a very nice car but I would say just a little harder to work on overall but nothing major. 4 screws to take the diffs out so not a problem.

Either car is excellent. It is up to you to find the sweet spot that works for you with either car. Both cars are easily capable of winning at any level depending on the driver.

Pick one and go for it.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote