R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #61
Tech Master

Thanks John... Schedule will be up with classes soon. Hang in there racers! Added a new page today with hotel and local Orlando information... Lots of good info. We have a lot of pitting options as John mentioned, with many pitting in their rooms (we have a tv channel broadcasting the race), a reserved pit area, trailer and tent areas too. I will add more on the site helping make sense of it all soon. Getting a ton of emails from first time 'bird racers which is awesome, and the hotel is booked ahead of last year for this time. Can't wait for another great race week! Have some exciting news coming soon, as we are are kicking it in high gear, the countdown is on!

www.snowbirdnationals.com
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #62
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What size is the Snowbirds track?
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #63
Tech Master

It's been 96 x 40 the past few years....
Old 09-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #64
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

come on mike it is the 24 what are the class
dicksmth_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:47 AM   #65
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksmth_2007 View Post
come on mike it is the 24 what are the class
+1
Malc
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:45 AM   #66
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Oval and Touring ..........

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #67
Tech Master

Oval and Road... yes John that is a good one!!!

Racers I am trying to finish up the classes and have them up next week (is the goal at least). Almost done with that... so hang in there!!! Been posting some fun stuff daily on my Facebook page and there are copies of it on our race site, so check it out now and then if you get some time. Lot's of great news for the race so far this year. Definitely shaping up to be the best Snowbirds to date. Make sure you see the champions rings for oval/road too! More to come......

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com

Mike

The 16th annual Snowbird Nationals takes place January 25th-31st, 2010 at the Radisson Resort in Orlando, Florida. Featuring indoor carpet racing on a temporary track inside a huge ballroom, providing equal and fair racing for all. Oval and Road racing takes the stage, as drivers and companies come in from around the world the compete. Everyone welcome - from amateur to pro! The Snowbirds is more than a race, offering a fantastic location during a great time of the year, and a trade show feel with thousands of spectators and participants throughout the race week. Hope you can make it! Check out all the great pictures and past on our history page on our race site....
Old 09-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCThunder View Post
Oval and Road... yes John that is a good one!!!

Racers I am trying to finish up the classes and have them up next week (is the goal at least). Almost done with that... so hang in there!!! Been posting some fun stuff daily on my Facebook page and there are copies of it on our race site, so check it out now and then if you get some time. Lot's of great news for the race so far this year. Definitely shaping up to be the best Snowbirds to date. Make sure you see the champions rings for oval/road too! More to come......

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com

Mike

The 16th annual Snowbird Nationals takes place January 25th-31st, 2010 at the Radisson Resort in Orlando, Florida. Featuring indoor carpet racing on a temporary track inside a huge ballroom, providing equal and fair racing for all. Oval and Road racing takes the stage, as drivers and companies come in from around the world the compete. Everyone welcome - from amateur to pro! The Snowbirds is more than a race, offering a fantastic location during a great time of the year, and a trade show feel with thousands of spectators and participants throughout the race week. Hope you can make it! Check out all the great pictures and past on our history page on our race site....
Last day of Sept. How's the class info and schedule coming?
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #69
Tech Master

I called a 'MINUTES GRACE' haha... but I do have it almost ready to post on-line. Might miss the September deadline though, but it is just about done. Had a few things pop up that put me behind a few days at home. Thanks!!!

Mike

Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #70
Tech Master

Thanks for the update Mike. Trying to figure out if I can make it out there for the first time, so any info would be helpful.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #71
Tech Master

Hello racers! We are counting down the days and the carpet racing season is here and upon us! This looks like one of the best year's to date with racing action happening all over the place this year.

OCTOBER 5TH MAJOR RACE NEWS: RCRacing.tv announces today they will be coming from overseas to cover all the exciting action of the 2010 Snowbird Nationals (road and oval). We are very excited to have Nick and his team providing wonderful coverage of the 'birds this year! Make sure to watch RCRacing.tv racing shows on-line now - they are awesome and very entertaining: http://rcracing.tv/

The 2010 Speed Week schedule is up and we will have the 2010 classes up this week it looks like. We trimmed them down to 8 and 8... not bad! Hoping for bigger car counts of course is the goal. Of course not everything could be added to the lineup as we would have 20 classes or more, so we just hope there is something for everyone. Roar and Tour are both supported, so more than likely what you are racing now, you can race at the 'birds!!! Make sure to check on our race site daily as I try and update it everyday.

And if you have any questions at all please email me: [email protected]

CYA,
Mike
Old 10-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Looking forward to knowing what classes are going to be offered in 2010. I didn't make it in 2009 and I really want to make 2010.

staying tuned.......
ShaunMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Default SNOWBIRDS 2010 Tyre question

Forth coming 2010 event. I propose to race 1/12th pan cars . Need advice on tyre grades .
Jaco/parma tyres.

I have fronts ---d/pink---magenta---lilac--purple

I have rears--- pink---yellow---grey

Also sizes for rears and fronts in mm please

Also tyre fluid what do you use paragon??? CS ??? jack the gripper.???

Probabley best to buy this when i arrive.

thanks in advance.
tellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #74
Tech Master

Yes we will have tire traction at the race (it will be a spec non-wintergreen)... no worries there!!! And motor spray and stuff like that which is hard to bring too. Setup can't help ya too much... sorry.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #75
Tech Master

Thank you for posting the class list. Any particular reason why 12th scale Superstock is 10.5 as opposed to 13.5 like other classes?