R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #466
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Car Position Name Laps Time
Jeff Cuffs 25 5:04.27 Tekin Corally
Austin Harrison 25 5:05.77 Tekin
Brad Johnson 25 5:06.92
Chris Adams 25 5:09.40 Tekin Xray
Mark Burt 25 5:10.89 Mamba
JB Catricala 25 5:12.24
Michael Hanulec25 5:13.59 Tekin
Kyle Eden 24 5:00.35 Tekin
Ron Goetter 24 5:03.36 Tekin T.O.P.
BUMP Tour 17.5 Rub 24 5:03.40 Tekin
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC

Last edited by stiltskin; 02-01-2010 at 06:25 PM.
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #467
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Jeff Cuffs 25 5:04.27 Tekin Corally
Austin Harrison 25 5:05.77 Tekin
Brad Johnson 25 5:06.92 Black Diamond
Chris Adams 25 5:09.40 Tekin Xray
Mark Burt 25 5:10.89 Mamba
JB Catricala 25 5:12.24
Michael Hanulec25 5:13.59 Tekin
Kyle Eden 24 5:00.35 Tekin
Ron Goetter 24 5:03.36 Tekin T.O.P.
BUMP Tour 17.5 Rub 24 5:03.40 Tekin
Jason Schreffle Tekin T.O.P.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #468
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 3,940
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
Jeff Cuffs 25 5:04.27 Tekin Corally
Austin Harrison 25 5:05.77 Tekin
Brad Johnson 25 5:06.92 Black Diamond
Chris Adams 25 5:09.40 Tekin Xray
Mark Burt 25 5:10.89 Mamba
JB Catricala 25 5:12.24
Michael Hanulec25 5:13.59 Tekin
Kyle Eden 24 5:00.35 Tekin
Ron Goetter 24 5:03.36 Tekin T.O.P.
BUMP Tour 17.5 Rub 24 5:03.40 Tekin
Jason Schreffle Tekin T.O.P.
mikky32 - I doubt any of the LRP SXX SS's were used by anyone in the stock classes at the Birds. I don't think LRP sponsors many stock racers in the U.S. if any at all.

Looks like the LRP SXX SS won the 10.5 1:12 class, World GT and took 2nd in 13.5 Rubber about 5 tenths off the leader. So definitely a step up from the LRP SPX SS.

http://thunder.rcresults.com/2010SnowbirdsRoad1/
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #469
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
mikky32 - I doubt any of the LRP SXX SS's were used by anyone in the stock classes at the Birds. I don't think LRP sponsors many stock racers in the U.S. if any at all.

Looks like the LRP SXX SS won the 10.5 1:12 class, World GT and took 2nd in 13.5 Rubber about 5 tenths off the leader. So definitely a step up from the LRP SPX SS.

http://thunder.rcresults.com/2010SnowbirdsRoad1/
They were in the 13,5 rubber class but that one was also won by Tekin.
But the LRP SXX ss did very well.

The 10,5T 1:12 GT had a Tekin as TQ
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #470
Tech Elite
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,049
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Back from a week in Orlando Florida, home of the racing capitol of the World. It was a bitter sweet decision prior to the event. After 7 years of a molded carbon fiber chassis 12th scale project, I tossed in the towel just one week before the race. I picked up a GenXL and packed my bags. Frank, Brian and Mario had some space at the main table and the fun went from there. I want to give those guys at CRC a huge thanks for the hospitality and assistance throughout the event. It's certainly a great group of guys, even though Brian threw my camber gauge away! My 12th scale efforts were certainly sub-par, but the WGT was great. I also want to thank Troy McKune for the CRC/McKune Design chassis. Dave Ehrlich and I both put two of the chassis's in the main. If it was not for the turn 3 pile up, we could have pushed the car further towards the front. Mike Boylan ran the race like a polished pro. Everything went as clockwork. The only casualty was a wondering squirrel. I was in the heat on the track when the lights went out. Oddly, I never skipped a beat. But it will certainly be one to remember. I want to thank the tech crew for being efficient and fair without unnecessary ball busters. Congrats to Steve McNickles for screwing a car together and winning 17.5 12th scale, to Hupo laying it down in 10.5 12th, and an amazing performance by Josh Cyrul in 12 mod going wire to wire. Also want to thank Byron Schumate for the GS Hobby support of Slapmaster products. Now I am sure that I have some work to catch up on!

Brian
Slapmaster Tools
__________________
Stay dialed my friends!
www.slapmastertools.com
Team Roche USA
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #471
Tech Addict
 
Gone Racin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Car Position Name Laps Time
Jeff Cuffs 25 5:04.27 Tekin Corally
Austin Harrison 25 5:05.77 Tekin XRAY T3 DUO2
Brad Johnson 25 5:06.92 Black Diamond
Chris Adams 25 5:09.40 Tekin Xray
Mark Burt 25 5:10.89 Mamba
JB Catricala 25 5:12.24
Michael Hanulec25 5:13.59 Tekin
Kyle Eden 24 5:00.35 Tekin
Ron Goetter 24 5:03.36 Tekin T.O.P.
BUMP Tour 17.5 Rub 24 5:03.40 Tekin
__________________
Gone Racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #472
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,558
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

it's funny everyone keeps on talking about the 17.5 rubbber qual order, and not the finishing - brad, cuffs and JB. no one was really missing rip with the speedos listed, although we have our own preferences. everyone can see what appears the most popular.

since we are all now going the same (fast) speed driving tight lines, chassis tuning and not blowing out are still important .
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #473
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
it's funny everyone keeps on talking about the 17.5 rubbber qual order, and not the finishing - brad, cuffs and JB. no one was really missing rip with the speedos listed, although we have our own preferences. everyone can see what appears the most popular.

since we are all now going the same (fast) speed driving tight lines, chassis tuning and not blowing out are still important .
I agree with you, but my post added Chassis as well. I'm just trying to see what cars people were running. It's interesting to me that Corally and Xray no longer dominate these events. I really like to see the variety of cars at the top.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #474
Tech Regular
 
clparsons123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 323
Default

Car Position Name Laps Time
Jeff Cuffs 25 5:04.27 Tekin Corally
Austin Harrison 25 5:05.77 Tekin XRAY T3 DUO2
Brad Johnson 25 5:06.92 Black Diamond corally
Chris Adams 25 5:09.40 Tekin Xray
Mark Burt 25 5:10.89 Mamba xray
JB Catricala 25 5:12.24
Michael Hanulec25 5:13.59 Tekin xray
Kyle Eden 24 5:00.35 Tekin xray
Ron Goetter 24 5:03.36 Tekin T.O.P.
BUMP Tour 17.5 Rub 24 5:03.40 Tekin corally
__________________
EAM (TEAM EA MOTORSPORTS),ORCA, RC AMERICA, XRAY,HUDY,EZ CUSTOMS, RSD (REFLEX RACING) , JEFFS RC STUDIO, RCTVLIVE
Cory parsons
clparsons123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #475
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clparsons123 View Post
Car Position Name Laps Time
Jeff Cuffs 25 5:04.27 Tekin Corally
Austin Harrison 25 5:05.77 Tekin XRAY T3 DUO2
Brad Johnson 25 5:06.92 Black Diamond corally
Chris Adams 25 5:09.40 Tekin Xray
Mark Burt 25 5:10.89 Mamba xray
JB Catricala 25 5:12.24
Michael Hanulec25 5:13.59 Tekin xray
Kyle Eden 24 5:00.35 Tekin xray
Ron Goetter 24 5:03.36 Tekin T.O.P.
BUMP Tour 17.5 Rub 24 5:03.40 Tekin corally
I guess i was wrong.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #476
Tech Master
 
Chris Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 1,003
Default

Im almost 100% positive there were no black diamonds in the main.
__________________
TEXASEOS.net, RcAmerica, Xray, Hudy, Protoform, Orca, Avid, 2mm Designs, Ulti Tires America

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #477
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,901
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

mike boylan. just wanted to say thanx to you and your crew, i know this was a lot of work to put this event on, and i really appreciate coming there and racing, will be back next year for sure, maybe next year i'll make c main. had a blast, 600 lapper rocked. see ya in the future.

R. Stephens
fermanracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #478
Tech Regular
 
steveM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000 View Post
Back from a week in Orlando Florida, home of the racing capitol of the World. It was a bitter sweet decision prior to the event. After 7 years of a molded carbon fiber chassis 12th scale project, I tossed in the towel just one week before the race. I picked up a GenXL and packed my bags. Frank, Brian and Mario had some space at the main table and the fun went from there. I want to give those guys at CRC a huge thanks for the hospitality and assistance throughout the event. It's certainly a great group of guys, even though Brian threw my camber gauge away! My 12th scale efforts were certainly sub-par, but the WGT was great. I also want to thank Troy McKune for the CRC/McKune Design chassis. Dave Ehrlich and I both put two of the chassis's in the main. If it was not for the turn 3 pile up, we could have pushed the car further towards the front. Mike Boylan ran the race like a polished pro. Everything went as clockwork. The only casualty was a wondering squirrel. I was in the heat on the track when the lights went out. Oddly, I never skipped a beat. But it will certainly be one to remember. I want to thank the tech crew for being efficient and fair without unnecessary ball busters. Congrats to Steve McNickles for screwing a car together and winning 17.5 12th scale, to Hupo laying it down in 10.5 12th, and an amazing performance by Josh Cyrul in 12 mod going wire to wire. Also want to thank Byron Schumate for the GS Hobby support of Slapmaster products. Now I am sure that I have some work to catch up on!

Brian
Slapmaster Tools
Brain,
Thanks! The CRC was flawless all week. Never had to change the set up from the start. I was honored to race with a group of talented, experienced drivers. This is one Snowbirds I will never forget!

Mike and team, thanks again for a great week of racing.
__________________
Steve McNichols
Serpent- Desoto Racing
steveM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #479
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveM3 View Post
Brain,
Thanks! The CRC was flawless all week. Never had to change the set up from the start. I was honored to race with a group of talented, experienced drivers. This is one Snowbirds I will never forget!

Mike and team, thanks again for a great week of racing.
Awesome run Steve Congrats. You deserve to get a big win!
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #480
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveM3 View Post
Brain,
Thanks! The CRC was flawless all week. Never had to change the set up from the start. I was honored to race with a group of talented, experienced drivers. This is one Snowbirds I will never forget!

Mike and team, thanks again for a great week of racing.
Congrats on both wins Steve. Your 12th scale was phenominal all weekend!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2008 Snowbird Nationals davepull Electric On-Road 911 05-26-2009 11:21 AM
2009 Snowbird Nationals RCThunder Electric On-Road 510 03-16-2009 04:54 AM
2010 MICRO WORLDS Micro-Man Micro and Mini Scales 90 05-17-2008 10:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:34 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net