R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #406
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

is there any live online results being published? video stream etc? sorry if its been asked already..

luke

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:04 AM   #407
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/thunderslive2010.htm

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #408
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default link

sorry i missed the link to see and watch qualifiers thank you in advance
Old 01-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #409
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
is there any live online results being published? video stream etc? sorry if its been asked already..

luke
The only thing is the results list.
They come after each head but no like the ETS that you can follow the lap times live.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #410
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

yeah im watching both birds and ETS race at same time.... w00p w00p

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #411
Tech Master

I do that also lol
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 01-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #412
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Yes the speed of the cars in the two classes is almost the same. But why do you want the majority of racers to join the mod class instead of having the minority join the majority in the 13.5 class? I still fail to see the rational that you are using other than just saying "go to mod". If mod was the answer there would be more people running that class than there already are. It’s not the case mod doesn’t appear to be the answer so why not have the few racers running mod still race in the 13.5 class where the majority of racers are racing? Give me a reason as to why going to mod is better for racing? What if we called the 13.5 class….. Mod……but placed a 13.5 motor limit on it would that soothe your need for everyone to run mod? I just don’t get the rational to force the majority to conform to the minority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
13.5 probably costs more than mod. Why make everyone join the more expensive class?
This is the # 1 reason. With 13.5 motors, you have to have the latest motor, battery, ESC, and software to attain the same speeds that you can with a standard modified motor and ESC.

The classes are so slose that you do not need motor limitations. Call it mod or call it TC, it does not matter. I don't want everyone to run Mod just to say they are runing mod. I want everyone to run together to create a larger filed of racers. And a class with no limitations where the driver chooses his speed makes the most sense to me.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:39 AM   #413
Tech Master

The 13,5 is not as aggressive as the mod cars and that is there advantage.
The car drives easier in the infield. Now with the new software the 13,5 doesn't loose that much any more on the straight and you have closer lap times.

I drive 10,5T 2 cell lipo indoor and before the new software it was fast but now it's so fast that I turned it down to a speed that I can handle.
I'm happy that we have chosen a 13,5T for the summer but I think that we would be also as fast as last year with a 17,5T.
We drove last year 10.5T 5cell NIMH's.
I think that the 13,5T with the new speedo's make the difference between the drivers bigger again.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 01-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #414
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Snowbirds 2010

Congratulations to Dave Ehrlich and Brian Bodine for making the A-main in WGT at snowbirds! Both Northwest guys are running a CRC Gen X 10 with a Mckune Design Chassis. Good Luck tomorrow.

Troy
Old 01-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #415
Tech Master

B-main ROAD 'BUMP N RUNS' fixing to start... tune in!
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #416
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
This is the # 1 reason. With 13.5 motors, you have to have the latest motor, battery, ESC, and software to attain the same speeds that you can with a standard modified motor and ESC.

The classes are so slose that you do not need motor limitations. Call it mod or call it TC, it does not matter. I don't want everyone to run Mod just to say they are runing mod. I want everyone to run together to create a larger filed of racers. And a class with no limitations where the driver chooses his speed makes the most sense to me.
All forms of racing are expensive so that's a moot point. The new ESC's are better then the old ones and when we fully understand how to use them the motors we currently are using is again to going to be a moot point. What can be seen right now is the mod class is not working.....the 13.5 class is.....IMO join it and race with everyone else or dont and have a race with 5 people. In the end just saying run mod is not the answer and thats quite obvious as the mod class isnt working. Last time we really had larger mod turn outs didnt we have 10t bushed limits? It looks to me like people want limits not just some open class.....you cant argue with that fact when you look at the race entries and what classes have the most entries. Plain and simple OPEN or Mod doesnt work here in the US much to the dislike of yourself and others. So why not work with a class that is working instead of trying to change it to a class that isnt working?
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #417
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
All forms of racing are expensive so that's a moot point. The new ESC's are better then the old ones and when we fully understand how to use them the motors we currently are using is again to going to be a moot point. What can be seen right now is the mod class is not working.....the 13.5 class is.....IMO join it and race with everyone else or dont and have a race with 5 people. In the end just saying run mod is not the answer and thats quite obvious as the mod class isnt working. Last time we really had larger mod turn outs didnt we have 10t bushed limits? It looks to me like people want limits not just some open class.....you cant argue with that fact when you look at the race entries and what classes have the most entries. Plain and simple OPEN or Mod doesnt work here in the US much to the dislike of yourself and others. So why not work with a class that is working instead of trying to change it to a class that isnt working?
The 10T limit mod racing we had years ago was a disaster. Within weeks of the start of the first seasoin running 10T mod the motor guys figured out how to get the 10T's just as fast as the 8T motors we were running before....the problem was the motors would only last a run or two before the burned up. Brushes lasted one run only. When we went back open mod motors the motors laster longer becuase we didnt have to run 8T's as hard to get the speed we needed.

That lasted until the super high voltage sub-c cells came out. Then all the mod motors started throwing winds due to heat/high rpm and wotor wire would unsolder themselves from the end bells.

I see the same things happening at club races but now its the limited motor classes that are having the problems, not mods. Guys run those motors so hard in sedans that I have seen motor labels bubble and almost melt off.

The mod guys have no problems other than normal racers can't have fun driving a 2cell Mod sedan because it is so punchy and fast it too hard to control.

The 21.5-13.5 guy all have the same problem. To win you have to go faster. To go faster with a limited motor you have to use sophisticated speedos to run the motors to the limit. At the limit motor life suffers and racing gets expensive.

My suggestions is 1 cell lipo in all sedan classes. The cars would be more driveable, racing would be closer, heat issues would be eliminated, racing would be less expensive.

FYI, about 3 years ago I suggested this same thing for 1/12th scale and WGT when it was just starting and 1/12th scale racers wanted to drag me out in the street and beat me to death. Where are they now...running 1 cell 1/12 and WGT and having a great time doing it.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:37 AM   #418
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I hate to play Johnny Law here but I think it is time you guys take this conversation someplace else, like a different thread with the correct title.

We should be talking about the race and not which classes we should be running or calling stock or modified as those have already been defined for this race.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #419
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
I hate to play Johnny Law here but I think it is time you guys take this conversation someplace else, like a different thread with the correct title.

We should be talking about the race and not which classes we should be running or calling stock or modified as those have already been defined for this race.
Good call...sorry.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #420
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
The only thing is the results list.
They come after each heat but no like the ETS that you can follow the lap times live.
It is part of the swiss race management system from RC Timing (http://www.rc-timing.ch/en/home.html) which is used by many clubs in Europe. It has the capability for online streaming if you have a internet connection at your race site. Same is possible with the BBK system (http://www.bbksoftware.com/).