Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Ssssoooooooo, any updates on the Snowbirds?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Yes the speed of the cars in the two classes is almost the same. But why do you want the majority of racers to join the mod class instead of having the minority join the majority in the 13.5 class? I still fail to see the rational that you are using other than just saying "go to mod". If mod was the answer there would be more people running that class than there already are. It’s not the case mod doesn’t appear to be the answer so why not have the few racers running mod still race in the 13.5 class where the majority of racers are racing? Give me a reason as to why going to mod is better for racing? What if we called the 13.5 class….. Mod……but placed a 13.5 motor limit on it would that soothe your need for everyone to run mod? I just don’t get the rational to force the majority to conform to the minority.
Mod is for those that really can drive fast. atleast where i live and those competitions ive visited. Modified are for those that can handle it and want it. Modified is really not more expensive, and we all know that.

Super stock or 13,5(same) is almost modified, and i dont really get why they even have the class. it is way to fast to not be called modified. So really no difference. I dont get why there is so many people racing in super stock? the people racing in super stock is not faster then the guys in modified, and probably not as fast either. i have my friend Tommy Bergfeldt that won DHI CUP 2009 and Second 2010. He was 8 place in the Swedish Nationals in modified. And that kinda shows that the guys in super stock dont hav to be as fast as modified drivers. yes there are some drivers that are as fast as modified drivers. but they are not that many.

And thats probably why people choose 13,5 or super stock instead of modified, becuse they know the pros are better and are gonna crush them. some take the step up to modified(like me) and others dont. And i think the most people dont. They dont accept the challenge.

and going to mod isnt the better choice if you know you cant win, but if you think you can handle it, then upgrade!

And i dont get why 13,5 is almost as fast these days..........They should have 21.5 and thats it. two classes only. stock and mod. as i know 17,5 goes almost as fast as 13.5 here in sweden anyway. so not really a big difference here.

www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
Old 01-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbodog
I know oval guys are uhhh......... well different, but the mamba is the speedo to have if you run oval.
There are a lot of Tekins running oval. Mamba are having a run for their money.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_ckBaIJQl0

WE are here... racing is going FANTASTIC!!!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Novak Speedo

So the people runnin the new Novak Kinetic speedo making any progress?

Curious to hear how it's keeping up.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
13.5 probably costs more than mod. Why make everyone join the more expensive class?
Simple solution is like Rick H. said, make it 21.5 or Mod. Then you can pick 17.5, 13.5, 10.5 or whatever you can handle. Having 5 classes based on motors is stupid and will eventually hurt the sport.

21.5 with the new esc technology is plenty fast for most people and would actually make racing more fun as it would be tighter racing. If you seek the thrill of speed, put whatever you want in and run Mod. I know a lot of people that would be faster if they ran less motor, me included. 13.5 in rubber TC with the new Tekin is like running a single wind mod a few years ago.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys will still push the 21.5 to the limits and smoke them. The problem is not the motors. Its the power source. 7.4v is too much.

How about 1cell lipo for sedans. It works for 1/12th and WGT. I know sedans are heavier but this would slow them down, cool the power systems down and make the cars more driveable. Especially the 13.5 and Mod classes.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Guys will still push the 21.5 to the limits and smoke them. The problem is not the motors. Its the power source. 7.4v is too much.

How about 1cell lipo for sedans. It works for 1/12th and WGT. I know sedans are heavier but this would slow them down, cool the power systems down and make the cars more driveable. Especially the 13.5 and Mod classes.
Adrian, I don't think they need a battery limit for mod.
Runtime and useable power will dictate what they use
Old 01-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s
So the people runnin the new Novak Kinetic speedo making any progress?

Curious to hear how it's keeping up.

They pulled the ones running oval. Need to work out some kinks, on road there are a couple being used.

The racing has been great. Mike Boylan has put on one heck of a race.
Jeff
Old 01-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I would say with the little bump in power we have seen in the higher winds touring car is at the limit of the tire on certain layouts. Which is why you are seeing 13.5 times very near or equal mod times..... More power does not always yeild a faster lap... They are not very close to 12th times and if we hook the sedans up the laptimes will speed up, nearly if not surpassing the equvilant motored 12th and you will see the spread develope..... Not to say that it is better or worse just the place we are with hp vrs traction.....
Old 01-30-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

what cars are Barry and Toso driving?
Old 01-30-2010, 05:35 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

lotta guys in stock that surely make use of this big event that doesnt bounce folks out based on their past exploits and sponsorships.

R
Old 01-30-2010, 05:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
what cars are Barry and Toso driving?
Barry has a Hot Bodies and I have no clue what's under Toso's hood
Old 01-30-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

I thought I saw Toso have a corally............
Old 01-30-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveL
Simple solution is like Rick H. said, make it 21.5 or Mod. Then you can pick 17.5, 13.5, 10.5 or whatever you can handle. Having 5 classes based on motors is stupid and will eventually hurt the sport.

21.5 with the new esc technology is plenty fast for most people and would actually make racing more fun as it would be tighter racing. If you seek the thrill of speed, put whatever you want in and run Mod. I know a lot of people that would be faster if they ran less motor, me included. 13.5 in rubber TC with the new Tekin is like running a single wind mod a few years ago.
I have to agree with you Steve, having all the different classes is just plain stupid, all you are doing is watering down each class and giving good drivers multiple classes to win and make their sponsors product look good. A company could then go to snowbirds and claim they have 5 wins at the birds!! Or at the national, 5 time national champs, all at one race. If they went back to stock and mod there would only be one of each champion.

Also someone said that if we went to 21.5 racers would push them to point they blow up, well how is that any different now? I blew a 13.5 last time I raced, and at the last national I blew a 17.5.
The part that kills me is that the "stock" motors cost the same as a 3.5. I remember when stock motors were about $10-$20 cheaper than mod, now they are the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.