KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's >

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Old 10-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hype
Hi Guys, One says no, one says yes.
Maybe Mr KO can shed some light on this one?

elnitro: Hype, YES it will work for the Mars/Mars-R

NismoSkyline17: No.

Originally Posted by hype
Hi, i've read many pages and not found this answered...someone asked the quesion back in pages 3-5 or so and didn't get answered. Does anyone know if this works? Mr KO Staff?
Hehe, I'm using one right now. Here is the link to Spektrum FAQ's regarding KO radios.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/FAQs/Default.aspx

*Will the KO version work with older models of the EX-1 Mars or just the EX-1 Mars R?
All the Mars systems will work.

*Will the KO Helios module also work with the KO EX-1 Mars, KO Esprit, KO Vantage Esprit 2, etc.?
The Spektrum KO module will only fit the Helios and Mars. The two-stick systems use a different module that we may eventually manufacture if there is enough demand.

Don't know where Nismoskyline got his info.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 8 (85%+)
Default please read carefully

Hi Guy's...Third try...
Will "KO standard helios module" work in "mars-1" and "mars R"

Also, will the "standard mars-1" and "standard mars-R module" work in the helios?

Also as well...Can anyone please link me to a free download of the helios instruction manual? I'm not paying for something i've alrady bought and misplaced...

thanks for any help...Mr KO Staff, feel free to lend known advice also

Last edited by hype; 10-08-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by elnitro
Hehe, I'm using one right now. Here is the link to Spektrum FAQ's regarding KO radios.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/FAQs/Default.aspx

*Will the KO version work with older models of the EX-1 Mars or just the EX-1 Mars R?
All the Mars systems will work.

*Will the KO Helios module also work with the KO EX-1 Mars, KO Esprit, KO Vantage Esprit 2, etc.?
The Spektrum KO module will only fit the Helios and Mars. The two-stick systems use a different module that we may eventually manufacture if there is enough demand.

Don't know where Nismoskyline got his info.
That is the spektrum module which is COMPETELY different from the Helios module. The spektrum does the transmitting independently from the radio where with a regular module doesn't. Ko staff said earlier in the thread that the Helios module will not work in a Mars/R. So elnitro do some digging before you start telling people stuff that you assume is right. Unless you've done it or know someone whose done it keep quiet. I sure would be pissed if I ordered a Helios module for my Mars because you said it works just cuz the spektrum site said THEIR product works with both and the module didn't work.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

I totally misread the question. My sincerest apologies Nismoskyline. I will now lay off the Capt. Morgan.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:56 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Today I got my new Helios. Just have to wait for the conversion for dropping down the steerwheel. One question on this as I have not found anything in the manual.
When using that steerwheel conversion do you have to calibrate anything afterwards or change anything on the steering settings?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

V12
Go through the VR Adjustment to make sure the steering and throttle pots is correct.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Do you guys prefer the large grip or the regular one???

Old 10-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hugo
Do you guys prefer the large grip or the regular one???

It's really more of a personal preference Hugo. I like the regular grip and my racing buddy swears by the large one. I tried the large one and it doesn't feel comfortable to me.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

hype- The Helios module output is way too strong for the Mars series of radios. I would only use the Mars modules in the Mars radios.

V12- Just like Sparx said, do the adjust VR fucntion. I would recommend doing this once a month, just to make sure that everything is in working order.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Seen this mod on the ko site?

Old 10-13-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Black Adder
Seen this mod on the ko site?

What is that long screw sticking out over the wheel for.....? I like the gold dial where can you get that?
Old 10-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

It's a mod for adjusting the steering trim on the fly, only available in Japan. The gold wheel is from the Competition version of the Helios.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
It's a mod for adjusting the steering trim on the fly, only available in Japan. The gold wheel is from the Competition version of the Helios.
That sounds useful .... is it possible to buy that mod and the gold wheel from somewhere in Japan? If so please let me know.... THANKS
Old 10-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

acutts-
The mod is only available from the Japan service department as a limited time option. The gold wheel is only available with the competition version of the Helios at the moment.
-Robert
Old 10-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

What size is the gold screws? 3mm, 4mm?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.