R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-26-2005, 07:22 PM   #1321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Laterilus, have you checked the transmitter module of the spektrum inside to make sure the antenna is attached? this may have been mentioned before? but if they upgraded the firmware it doesn't require the unit be opened and on the bench would test out fine. just a real long shot in the dark.......

good luck
Old 08-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #1322
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to is300zx
Default Spektrum

I also lose signal at around 20 ft. Opened up the tx module and found out that the antenna wire was severed around where the antenna rotates. I don't know if Horizon checked out the inside of your module but it's worth a try.
is300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:35 PM   #1323
Tech Regular

Default mars r

hey guys,i was wondering what is the major diff, between my mars r and the helios, and if it was worth upgrading (i dont really think so) and my other question is that will the spektrum system work as well in my radi as the helios
DIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 06:54 AM   #1324
Tech Rookie
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoy25
Check the frequency of the module and the receiver, both should be the same.
I used the same frequency in both. Did not work.

But after further investigation I found out that the Mini-Z boat is not using AM like the rest of the Mini-Z's but use somthing (new) called BET BAND that is actually an 27 Mhz FM version! Doh!

So my new questions I hope KO Staff or others can answer is:
Will the normal 27Mhz FM module work, or will there be a separate Mini-Z module for the BET BAND?
Frode S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:16 AM   #1325
Tech Addict

Good ideas guys, and thank you for the help. Unfortunately, no dice on the antenna. The antenna was connected well and wasn't severed from what I could see.

dado11g, I have my spektrum system set up in a MBX-5, XXXNT, XXXT, and XXX. A nice mix between electric and gas cars. A wide variety of servos as well (digital and analog). I'll keep your offer in mind over the next couple of days.

I thought I'd also mention what I do to test my equipment. I stand roughly 50 feet away from my cars down my driveway. Half of my car is partially covered by the corner of my garage so that I can only see the tires. I start to turn the wheels back and forth, and if they work for a minute or so, I change positions where I stand, then repeat. Eventually, the tires lock up (seems to be for 4 seconds now every time) then kick back on. Oh, and the added bonus of electric has shown me that the throttle locks up at the exact same time. If my wheels lock, I quickly hit the throttle if I'm testing one of my electrics and it wont go either. If I put my Futaba 3PM back in and do the same thing, instantly everything works right. Oh well. KO PROPO staff, please shed some light on my problem if you can. Hopefully I think I can get one of my friends that has a Helios and use their crystal system with my transmitter.... or I could get someone else's spektrum system with another radio and use my recievers with my cars and see if the problem persists. Either way, it should show me the transmitter is to blame. I hope this problem can get fixed within a month though, I'm about to get rid of this transmitter and get something else, but I like the Helios the most. Man is this a pain in my ass!
Laterilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:27 PM   #1326
Tech Adept

Hi I got this thing recently. Is it recommanded to use rechargerable battery on this baby? Because I read from the user menu they do not recommand this. Anyone can verify? Thanks.
N15M0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:30 PM   #1327
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by N15M0
Hi I got this thing recently. Is it recommanded to use rechargerable battery on this baby? Because I read from the user menu they do not recommand this. Anyone can verify? Thanks.

i use Gp 2300 Mah Ni-Mh rechargable batteries in my helios since i bought it and has never failed me ever since.
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:27 PM   #1328
Tech Initiate

Never leave your Helios near a soldering iron!
Attached Thumbnails
KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's-helios.jpg  
AKARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:37 PM   #1329
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKARA
Never leave your soldering iron near anything...You should have seen the fleece vest I was wearing go up in smoke...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:59 PM   #1330
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKARA
OUCH!
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:29 PM   #1331
Tech Initiate

Mr JRX-S Bill, how are you doing? It's me Joey from Union City. How is HT in Fremont? Last night I was racing at a local track here in Bangkok. Came back to my pit and set the radio on my tool box and it must have slid down to the iron. At least it did not burn any wires. I was lucky that it just melted on the bottom. Say hi to the guys in the Bay Area for me!-Joey~ Hey! I am sponsered here! Hahahaha. Eagle Hobby and AKARA Products!

(ooooops, wrong picture)
Attached Thumbnails
KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's-jgtc2.jpg  
Old 08-28-2005, 05:37 PM   #1332
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Airwide Send a message via MSN to Airwide

What's AD band all about? I can't find the answer anywhere.
Airwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:34 PM   #1333
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g

i found out something very interesting yesterday... cutting your spektrum reciever antenna down to 3.5inches dramatically helps you reception! do it
dado11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #1334
Tech Initiate

Is that ture? Cutting it down to 3.5inches? I might have to try that.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:00 PM   #1335
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g

ya i didnt belive that would help at first but it did!
dado11g is offline   Reply With Quote