R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-01-2005, 01:02 AM   #1186
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I run mine a stock setting 100% altering the throttle will not affect anything if its set before setting the esc. setting the esc before the radio throttle will be the other way around.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:18 AM   #1187
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel
the main thing is that it comes with the new 502f module which is suppose to be faster then the previous 501f module that usually comes with the helios. Not to mention the drop down wheel and all the GOLD!!! BASICALLY THE NEW COMPETITION HELIOS IS FASTER AND LOOKS ALOT BETTER IN MY OPINION, I'D SAY IT WOULD BE AN EXTRA $150-$200 THAN THE STANDARD HELIOS.

Hey, thanks....
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:19 AM   #1188
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel
the main thing is that it comes with the new 502f module which is suppose to be faster then the previous 501f module that usually comes with the helios. Not to mention the drop down wheel and all the GOLD!!! BASICALLY THE NEW COMPETITION HELIOS IS FASTER AND LOOKS ALOT BETTER IN MY OPINION, I'D SAY IT WOULD BE AN EXTRA $150-$200 THAN THE STANDARD HELIOS.

Hey, thanks....I was looking for an upgrade from my ageing EX-1 Mars.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 12:19 AM   #1189
Tech Elite

hey guys,will the helios work with the sanwa erg-vx???any problems using it???thanks
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:12 AM   #1190
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntc3freak
hey guys,will the helios work with the sanwa erg-vx???any problems using it???thanks
Works fine for me.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:17 AM   #1191
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty6
Works fine for me.

thanks.how good is this servo???
Old 07-02-2005, 01:28 AM   #1192
tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntc3freak
Thinking of buying that VX servos eh ?? You're too late buddy. I got to him first.........
Old 07-02-2005, 01:37 AM   #1193
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado
Thinking of buying that VX servos eh ?? You're too late buddy. I got to him first.........

aiya.give me lah please!!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #1194
Tech Adept

Default Manual

Anyone have luck with the manual, i read earlier in this post that the Ko Propo staff guy said they were going to add a PDF version for download, any news?
6g72tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:11 PM   #1195
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6g72tt
Anyone have luck with the manual, i read earlier in this post that the Ko Propo staff guy said they were going to add a PDF version for download, any news?
I don't know where you read that, but we will NOT post a PDF version of the manual.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:12 PM   #1196
Tech Apprentice

why not ?
compuatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:04 PM   #1197
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The KO manual is a complete waste of time. I read it three times and every time I read it, I became more and more confused. The Japanese to English translation gets completely lost in places and makes no sense at all.

The Helios is a great radio and I love all my KO products, they are completely top-of-the-line but, KO really need to find an editor who really knows whats going on with the equipment and with the language.
EVILGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #1198
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
The KO manual is a complete waste of time. I read it three times and every time I read it, I became more and more confused. The Japanese to English translation gets completely lost in places and makes no sense at all.

The Helios is a great radio and I love all my KO products, they are completely top-of-the-line but, KO really need to find an editor who really knows whats going on with the equipment and with the language.
Evil,

I agree with you that the Helios manual was somewhat difficult to understand. I went back and forth between the manual and the radio until I resolved my operational issues.

Why not use this board and post your specific needs for information. I am sure that the KO staff or someone in-the-know will respond. Maybe we can all learn something about these very adjustable radios.

Mine is teamed with a Spektrum system and it is exceptional.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:33 AM   #1199
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
I don't know where you read that, but we will NOT post a PDF version of the manual.
I read in this thread, the response was from Hebiki stating that you were getting to it in November of 2004. Didn't mean to offend but I thought Hebiki was a reliable Ko PROPO source. Below is the two posts, the question and response (Post #598)...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by MarkBrown
The upcoming availability of Spektrum modules is making me think about getting a new radio. I've read this entire thread trying to understand the pros and cons of the Helios, and still have some questions:

1) Why does KO USA not provide the manual as a PDF? Other manufacturers do: See for instance http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/index.html .

2) Is it true that if some of my models can use Advanced HSR and others use Super HSR or normal rate, I must physically remove the module and flip some switches in order to change between my models? Given that many Tx problems reported on this thread were attributed problems with the module connector, it seems like a really bad idea to be constantly removing and replacing the module.

3) What value does the computer interface provide other than more convenience in loading tones into the transmitter? (And the ability to program servos -- something that nobody on this thread has said they've done.)

The value I'd most like to see is the ability to use the transmitter as a PC game controller -- is this provided?

I'm compelled to observe that PC serial ports are a legacy technology that many future PCs will not support. It would make a lot more sense for the transmitter to support a USB connection.

4) What level of technical cooperation is taking place between KO and Spektrum/Horizon and KO in the development of the Spektrum module for Helios? Does KO share technical information with Spektrum/Horizon on the module interface, or is Spektrum/Horizon required to reverse-engineer this interface?

Cheers,

--mark
hey mark.. ill try to answer some of your questions...

1. robert is basically the only guy at ko propo that does the website and support. he will be getting to it he's just a busy guy. (like right now he's in japan for a trade show. lucky guy. )

2. robert can clarify this for you but i think you can leave it on super HSR..and for your older receivers.. it'll just work in normal advanced HSR. i think? im not sure.

3. you can also program your VFS esc (if you have one) via the same interface. that way you can use it for the radio, servo and esc.

you can also buy a quick adapter to convert the serial port into USB.

4. i dont know.. but their technology is awesome lets hope it works well with the helios because i have never had glitching problems with my helios
6g72tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #1200
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mark G

hey i have a few questions im getting power to my servo but not to my motor and i was wondering if i need to do any thing wiht the ko raido to fix it ???
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote