R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-12-2005, 10:07 PM   #1081
Tech Regular

Default ESC with EX10

Hi guys I just got myTX EX10 Helios with Rx 302f can i get the adv. hrs mode with my tamiya TEU-101BK ESC .I am using hitec digital servo HS-5645MG.Can i programme my servo with ex10 on the Tx itself?
Thanks guys
faiunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:16 PM   #1082
Tech Master

I think the HSR mode only applies to the the type of servo you have not your esc. You can only run the HSR ar Advanced mode with a digital servo. Anything other than that could harm your servo.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:26 AM   #1083
Tech Apprentice

I didn't have any issue either without the antenna. i don't believe that it can cause a quick failure. But it may reduce the life of some transistors inside the tx ?
charlymbx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:29 AM   #1084
Tech Apprentice

Another question: i read in the manual that using the plug on the TX to charge nimh batteries is to be avoided because of nimh would produce some gas while charging ?
Is that right or did i understand incorrectly ?
Are you really removing your nimh packs from the TX in order to charge them ?
Old 05-13-2005, 05:39 AM   #1085
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally posted by charlymbx5
Another question: i read in the manual that using the plug on the TX to charge nimh batteries is to be avoided because of nimh would produce some gas while charging ?
Is that right or did i understand incorrectly ?
Are you really removing your nimh packs from the TX in order to charge them ?
I have since starting R/C
1) It doesn't take long.
2) You should discharge your cells to help with getting more voltage into the cells.
3) The trickle chargers all stink. I use either my Ray0vac 15min charger or my old superbrain. That way I can charge at 3amps.
4) Quit being lazy you slackers...is it really that hard to remove the cells....
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:37 AM   #1086
Tech Apprentice

Quick charge for TX batteries ?
Discharge is quite easy on tx

The issue i can see always removing the battery from the TX is a pin/plug tiredness...

Anyway currently i don't own a wall charger able to charge my 2300 pack (200mA or so), therefore i do use my "quick" charger (in slow mode, say 5 hour).
I'm wondering which way to go if i buy a wall charger:
- use the TX plug
- or add a Y style connection to my pack. That is the pack would still be plugged on the TX while charging...
Old 05-13-2005, 06:54 AM   #1087
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Just use the standard battery tray and put into it eight good(2100mah and above) rechargable AA's then take some shrink wrap and wrap your stnadard tray and then it goes in and out easy....I had Team Helotes to make me one...Work perfect and it comes with 2500mah so I charge once for the whole weekend.
The wall chargers only charge at .2amps so it not only takes all night but it doesn't even get more into the pack.
I am getting 11.5V on my packs when they are fresh from the charger.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 07:02 AM   #1088
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for your advices
Old 05-13-2005, 07:50 AM   #1089
Tech Addict

Hey all, I've been trying to use more of the options on my radio and a few of them have been puzzling to me since the instructions aren't exactly the best. First of all, and I guess this goes for all radios, what is the sub-trim for? Seems like a normal trim to me....
Secondly, I'm having a hard time figuring out which adjustment allows me to adjust the speed and exponential for just a one-way movement. For example, the throttle servo goes neutral to full throttle, full throttle to neutral, neutral to brake, brake to neutral. What if I wanted to adjust the speed of just one of those movements?

BTW, the Helios absolutely rocks. By far and away the most comfortable radio ever... especially with the drop down wheel extension. Every track I go to people are in awe of my radio as if it is some magical device that is hard to come by. lol. You can order it from the lhs like anything else! Everyone that picks it up sez it is extremely comfortable, but it's odd that no one wants to try using it as opposed to their 3PK or M8. It's not like cars where if you break something someone else will have a spare part at the track....Do any of you come across this at your tracks or is the Helios popular? Either way, it doesn't bother me since I don't mind having something different from everyone else. Oh, and of course the Spektrum module rocks too.
Laterilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:24 AM   #1090
Tech Master

Laterilus-
The sub-trim allow you to center the servo before setting the endpoints. Once you have centered the servo using the sub-trim, you will need to set the endpoints (ST:Balance, TH:Hipoint, etc.). The trim lever above the steering wheel will not alter the endpoint settings, but the sub-trim will.

Now if you have the sub-trim set large to one side and use the regular trim with another large value to the opposite side, you will lose throw (travel) of the servo to one side. You are basically, contradicting the settings so becareful.

If you want to alter the expo (curve) on the throttle go to TH:Curve. There is a setting for Forward and Brake.

For the throttle speed (TH:Speed) you will need to first define how many levels in speed you want. You have the option of 1 way (same speed through the entire travel), 2 way (different speeds through 2 points in travel), 3 way (different speeds through 3 points in travel). Once that is set you can adjust the speed for each point through the travel on the throttle. Then you will need to assign each point on the throttle travel. The reverse motion (full throttle to neutral) will be the same as the setting going forward.

This can not be done with the brake. The brake you only have the options of Punch (from center how quick it will react), Curve (expo) and ABS.

Hope this helps.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:59 AM   #1091
Tech Master

yeah my favorite features on the helios is probaly the th.speed, abs, and st,th,punch. The punch gives me a real boost when racing stock. but sometimes on the starting grid, i accidently touch the throttle and take off before the buzzard.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:03 AM   #1092
Tech Addict

Talking

KO PROPO staff,

Excellent answer. Looks like I've got some setting up to do on my cars tonight. Maybe you should write up a new instruction manual for the radio?
Laterilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 03:13 PM   #1093
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to aoizip

Hi, KO PROPO Staff

I was reading thru the RC driver magazine.
and i notice something that the new JR Z-1
is using the ko ex-10. it came with the syn. tx and rx.
is that a directed fit to our ex-10
(I know this is stupid.)

Thanks,

Ming
aoizip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:23 PM   #1094
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I think I can help.

Yes it will fit, everything made for the helios can be use and viceversa.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:39 PM   #1095
Tech Master

Laterilus-
Thanks. I've tried to help make corrections to the manual before and sometime my revisions are omitted.

aoizip-
From what I hear it maybe. Don't take my word for it. You should try contacting JR (Horizon) directly.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote