R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-22-2005, 06:38 AM   #946
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

Quote:
Originally posted by dakrat
i just got my helios and airtonics 94145 servo. got them installed in the car and the servo doesnt work? are they compatible?
Check out the manual that came with the radio, and look to see if you have the HSR modes set correctly. That could be the potential problem.
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:43 AM   #947
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ngo8
HEY GUYS I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE GOT A SPECTRUM FOR THERE HELIOS DOES IT WORK GOOD DOES THE ADVANCE HSR WORK WITH THE MODULE ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT IS KO PROPO WORKING ON ONE OF THERE OWN CAUSE I SEE HITEC HAS ONE ALLREADY
I have seen a couple of them work realy realy well, Mine worked like crap. As a matter of fact, I sent it off today and told them to fix or keep it.

First time out on the track, the transciever stoped responding and went into failsafe mode. The steering went straight and I had the speed set to neutral. With a 10 turn, the car was still going fast and went straight into a wall. This of couse snapped my xray chassis right past the nose. I mean, from everyone I talked to, failsafe should be neutral and not full brake.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:04 AM   #948
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

A person at my LHS had the Spectrum for his Helios and he said he gives it a "A++++" very responsive he said.
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:13 AM   #949
Tech Elite

i think it is hit or miss at this point with the system. I think the novak switch has a better track record when first release.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 03-22-2005, 07:16 AM   #950
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
I have seen a couple of them work realy realy well, Mine worked like crap. As a matter of fact, I sent it off today and told them to fix or keep it.

First time out on the track, the transciever stoped responding and went into failsafe mode. The steering went straight and I had the speed set to neutral. With a 10 turn, the car was still going fast and went straight into a wall. This of couse snapped my xray chassis right past the nose. I mean, from everyone I talked to, failsafe should be neutral and not full brake.
But you probably had no drag brake either. Which isn't the neutral that everyone is refering to.
I set mine to full brake for failsafe.
It is designed for that purpose.

Now on the other question.
Yes the Spektrum has worked flawlessly for me up until yesterday when it seems the throttle trim went a little to the possative throttle. Seems when you hit big (which I did several times) the receiver doesn't like it. I think it is a great system once they finally get all the bugs worked out it will be the best thing to hit RC since NiMh batteries. No you can not use the HSR with it but it isn't nessasary. The Spektrm is very fast already. Also I heard that with nitro vehicles that the vibration has caused soem problems although I do not have a nitro to test it on.

Now about the guy with the Aritronics servo....check to make sure you are not in HSR mode, I don;t believe your servo works with it.

Hope all this helps.
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:23 AM   #951
Tech Elite

stephen,

the problem with not running the hrs or ahrs is that the processor of the helios is not running at the high frame rate. The spektrum only changes the fram rate of the transmision from module to transciever. By you adjusting the hrs or ahrs mode of the transmitter, you are effectively turning down the speed at which the transmitter processes.

You are correct with a 10 turn, there is not drag brake, but speeking to the nitro guys, which are the most experienced with failsafe, you still should have the failsafe be in a neutal position. This is so that the car will still roll, think about if the failsafe kicks in at the middle of a fast sweeper, you would be on line with a trane of cars following, and then all of a sudden, your car stops dead in its tracks. The nitro guys all tell you to put the car in a neutral position and then the car will roll to a stop. The only problem with my setup is that the failsafe kicked in right at the start of a turn, so the car coasted straight into a concrete wall.

I think maybe a good compromise would would be to always set a little drag brake, but not full brake.

Old 03-22-2005, 04:38 PM   #952
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to ngo8

Quote:
Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
That is what I use, have never had any problems...

-Mike
hey thanks now i dont have to spend anymore money .
Old 03-22-2005, 10:30 PM   #953
Tech Master

just a quick question, what is this foam thingy that came with the helios for?
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:59 AM   #954
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by dakrat
just a quick question, what is this foam thingy that came with the helios for?
foam thingy is for the battery cover. stick on there and it'll ensure your batteries dont rattle around.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 03:39 AM   #955
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

has anyone done the "empire" soundtrack from Star Wars for their helios?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 05:22 AM   #956
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
stephen,

the problem with not running the hrs or ahrs is that the processor of the helios is not running at the high frame rate. The spektrum only changes the fram rate of the transmision from module to transciever. By you adjusting the hrs or ahrs mode of the transmitter, you are effectively turning down the speed at which the transmitter processes.

Are you saying that with the Spektrum you should be able to still run the ahrs?
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 07:09 AM   #957
Tech Elite

no, that is not what I am say, what I am saying is that to put it in the normal mode and not the hrs or ahrs, you are not getting the benefits of the speed of the helios' cpu.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:19 AM   #958
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
no, that is not what I am say, what I am saying is that to put it in the normal mode and not the hrs or ahrs, you are not getting the benefits of the speed of the helios' cpu.
...ah ok ...then next question, has anyone gone from ahs to the spektrum and noticed a difference in response? Right now I'm running a ko 2343 servo and KO VFS1 ESC so I've got it on full ahrs mode.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #959
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Wall Charger

Can I use my JR wall charger with the Helios?
Tire Chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:09 PM   #960
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to The Junior

I am having a problem with mine and has anyone had this problem before?

For some reason on my helios when i go to steering travel i can adjust the left steering travel and not the right i can do everything else to the right but this adjustment. Has anyone ever had this happen and do they kno how to fix it? like is there setting that may have been changed need help
JRC
The Junior is offline   Reply With Quote