R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-06-2005, 01:21 AM   #886
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

3 ko spektrums at the indoor carpet track running foams and no problems. The only small problem that anyone ran into was due to the speed control. It seems that the LRP speedo puts out a weak signal which affected the steering servo (KO 2343 I think that;s the model) The Keyence and Tekin in the other two cars didn't have this problem. I never noticed a lag or any signs of a radio hit all day. We will continue to give feedback everytime we run the unit. Tomorrow is more testing but with a 1/8 nitro on road car.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:36 AM   #887
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
...The only small problem that anyone ran into was due to the speed control. It seems that the LRP speedo puts out a weak signal which affected the steering servo (KO 2343 I think that;s the model)...
I think I read that somewhere before to about a problem with the spectrum and ther 2343 and that they had to use a recvr pack to work around it (I believer they figured out that it was the spectrum not putting out enough voltage for the 2343???) ....anyone else got feedback on this? Specifically with a KO VFS1 speedo and a KO 2343 servo ...that's the electronics I'm running.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:49 AM   #888
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Lets just say....Not one glitch, no notice of slower responce times. 15 battery packs in one day. with cell towers and high voltage power lines right behind me all day.
I ran it yesterday and at no time was there a problem unless I caused it.
The spektrum was hooked up with the following electronics
GM Racing SX12 (world champion esc)
Ko Propo 2343 sevo
AMB Personal transponder...
NO PROBLEMS.
The idea that people are blaming is the ESC not giving the receiver enough power to operate the servo...WE know the KO servos eat up juice...
people are using a capassitor hooked up to the Receivers batt port to over come the amount of juice nessasary to run such servos.
I have a B4 with a QC2 and a Airtronics 93460 (which uses tons of juice)hooked up with spectrum and there is no lag in time or porblems. So don't blame the ESC I think it was software based and Horizon was aware of and has since fixed.
I might have to through in the 2343 in the B4 and see if it is a servo thang'
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #889
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by HarshGuy
I think I read that somewhere before to about a problem with the spectrum and ther 2343 and that they had to use a recvr pack to work around it (I believer they figured out that it was the spectrum not putting out enough voltage for the 2343???) ....anyone else got feedback on this? Specifically with a KO VFS1 speedo and a KO 2343 servo ...that's the electronics I'm running.
I don't think that it didn't work because of the spektrum not putting out enough power because the servo worked in my car. I don't run the 2343 personally. I have the 2143 in my car. We could always hook up your electrics to my spektrum and see.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #890
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Lets just say....Not one glitch, no notice of slower responce times. 15 battery packs in one day. with cell towers and high voltage power lines right behind me all day.
I ran it yesterday and at no time was there a problem unless I caused it.
The spektrum was hooked up with the following electronics
GM Racing SX12 (world champion esc)
Ko Propo 2343 sevo
AMB Personal transponder...
NO PROBLEMS.
The idea that people are blaming is the ESC not giving the receiver enough power to operate the servo...WE know the KO servos eat up juice...
people are using a capassitor hooked up to the Receivers batt port to over come the amount of juice nessasary to run such servos.
I have a B4 with a QC2 and a Airtronics 93460 (which uses tons of juice)hooked up with spectrum and there is no lag in time or porblems. So don't blame the ESC I think it was software based and Horizon was aware of and has since fixed.
I might have to through in the 2343 in the B4 and see if it is a servo thang'
Stephen <><
You say don't blame the ESC but the testing we did yesterday shows other wise. Put the 2343 in and see if you run into the same problems that we did. It's easy to knock something that you haven't tried as of yet......
Old 03-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #891
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
I don't think that it didn't work because of the spektrum not putting out enough power because the servo worked in my car. I don't run the 2343 personally. I have the 2143 in my car. We could always hook up your electrics to my spektrum and see.
...humm that's an interesting test :-) ...or I could try your spektrum in my radio and car and see if there's no issues. ...I just would hate to get the setup and have it not work with my electronics. Russ's ran perfectly at SWR yesterday with the KO Mars, IPC speedo and airtornics swervo.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:09 AM   #892
Tech Champion

It's my electronics that stlnlst is talking about and trust me, the quantum-2343-spektrum combo does not work as is, I plugged the same servo into stlnlst's car with the spektrum and a Keyence esc and it worked fine. The LRP's bec circuitry doesn't put out enough juice to let the KO 2343 servo work properly.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #893
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
It's my electronics that stlnlst is talking about and trust me, the quantum-2343-spektrum combo does not work as is, I plugged the same servo into stlnlst's car with the spektrum and a Keyence esc and it worked fine. The LRP's bec circuitry doesn't put out enough juice to let the KO 2343 servo work properly.
So could you tell just by "bench testing"? ...i.e. if I met STLNST at Sun City Roseville ....could we just plug my swervo and ESC into his reviever and see if I'll have the same problem? i.e. we're all running the Helios so really just trying to see if my ESC/swervo combo works with the spektrum at this point.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:18 AM   #894
Tech Champion

Quote:
...humm that's an interesting test :-) ...or I could try your spektrum in my radio and car and see if there's no issues. ...I just would hate to get the setup and have it not work with my electronics. Russ's ran perfectly at SWR yesterday with the KO Mars, IPC speedo and airtornics swervo.
What ever we have to do......we'll do it. Are you running the two day race next weekend? I'd let you test it there but I have some foam tire testing to do so I won't be able to snatch out my electronics. Maybe we can try this out at speedworld the weekend after.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:19 AM   #895
Tech Champion

Quote:
So could you tell just by "bench testing"? ...i.e. if I met STLNST at Sun City Roseville ....could we just plug my swervo and ESC into his reviever and see if I'll have the same problem? i.e. we're all running the Helios so really just trying to see if my ESC/swervo combo works with the spektrum at this point.
That's all we did.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #896
Tech Champion

it's was easy to see that it didn't work in my car, it just kinda sat there and twitched a bit and that's it, in stlnlst's car it seemed to work fine.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:16 PM   #897
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
it's was easy to see that it didn't work in my car, it just kinda sat there and twitched a bit and that's it, in stlnlst's car it seemed to work fine.
Sounds like easy to test ....I'm not racing till the NCTCC points series race in Stockton the the 26th ....if you're around Roseville for practice or anything lmk and I can meet you else we can do the test on the 26th ....I'm not in any "special hurry" really ...tahnks for the feedback though!!!
Old 03-07-2005, 07:39 AM   #898
Tech Champion

Quote:
Sounds like easy to test ....I'm not racing till the NCTCC points series race in Stockton the the 26th ....if you're around Roseville for practice or anything lmk and I can meet you else we can do the test on the 26th ....I'm not in any "special hurry" really ...tahnks for the feedback though!!!
I'm sure we can get that hammered out before the NCTCC.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:21 AM   #899
Tech Elite

hey guys,what ko servos u guys reccomend for throttle and steering on my car(ntc3).i want it digital type,not analog.thanks
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:30 AM   #900
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

My two favorite from KO are the PSD 2343 digital FET and the 2363 which is the same servo but with a aluminum heat sink.
That is what I recommend for the KO servos now for other types
Airtronics I would say 93457 one of the best
Futaba S9550 super slim and very strong
Not a fan of Hitec.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote