R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #811
Tech Regular

i'm using the receiver that came with the EX-10
302F is it?

I haven't change any settings on my tx/esc since last time i went to the track. The only thing i changed is replaced the trinity monster stock motor with a silver can and the spur/pinion gear.

oh one thing i changed is the throttle high point from 150 back to 100 but i don't think it'll make the car stop responding?
yellow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:44 PM   #812
Tech Regular

i'm running at advanced response mode i think?

the switch at the back of the module is up and i set the tx to "2 channel" only.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:18 PM   #813
Tech Regular

think of it again, it looks like the car has a "power save" mode or something that shut itself down after idleing for X amount of time?? (it's not happening all the time thou)
is this a hidden function from KO?

another thing, i got a friend with a 27MHz Mars
would it be okie if we swap the tx modules so that i can test my tx/rx separately?

Last edited by yellow15; 02-09-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:49 AM   #814
Tech Regular

ok, i took it to my local hobby shop and went to the track again early. and found there are two problems:

1 the connector to the battery does not have a very good connection sometime so i have it replaced.

2.when i use the lap timer function.. after i finish the run, i press the "enter" key to stop it, and then "+" and "-" to reset the timer, and the car would stop responding immediately. Another guy at the track is using a Mars R (he's the national champ) so i asked him to help me have a look and he can't figure out why is it as well. The funny thing is it doesn't happen every single time. If we restart the tx and try the lap timer and follow exactly the same procedure again, then it may be ok this time (but most of the time it doesn't work), we then spent 15 mins trying a lot of things but it seems as soon as we reset the timer, then (most of the time) the car would just stop moving until we restart the tx. Another thing he noticed is that when we start the lap timer, the "LAP. T " display does not always start from 0. It starts from 0 sometimes but it doesn't some other time... but it has no real relation with either the car will stop responding after we restart the timer.

So does anyone here got this problem as well? or KO staff,... any idea why is it and how can i solve the problem?

Old 02-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #815
Tech Master

Default Yellow15

Never heard or seen that before. You should problably send it in so a tech can take a look at it.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #816
Tech Regular

so it's a faulty tx

it looks like a software bug to me as the tx is working perfectly fine if i don't use the timer function.
Any way i can reset/anything else i can do as i bought the EX-10 from oversea and is a pain for me to send it back for check.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #817
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by yellow15
so it's a faulty tx

it looks like a software bug to me as the tx is working perfectly fine if i don't use the timer function.
Any way i can reset/anything else i can do as i bought the EX-10 from oversea and is a pain for me to send it back for check.
Send it back to where you purchased it from. If they are an authorized dealer, they can have it sent back for repairs for you. Or you can send it your self. I highly doubt that it is a software bug. If so, everyone would have the same problem. It could be some other component inside the radio that is failing and causing your problem. It is hard to say what exactly is the problem without having the radio to test.

Have you tried using a receiver battery connected to the recevier and use only servos? Not using the esc. Does the problem still happen? If it doesn't then, it's the esc.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:21 PM   #818
Tech Regular

yes they are an authoirsed dealer,
I just talked to our local shop that sells KO product (who helped me to test my ex-10 as well) and they told me on average it would take 3-4 months before i can get it back if i want to send it to Japan for repair. i don't really want to be without my ex-10 for so long as i only have a spare cheap sanwa AM radio.

Thanks for your suggestion about trying receiver battery. But i doubt ESC is the problem as the "T lap" count on my ex-10 display is also not correct when i'm using the lap timer.

But i'll replace the ESC with a VFS-1 tonight and see if it makes any difference and let you know

Last edited by yellow15; 02-10-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:27 AM   #819
Tech Elite

Default ADVANCED HSR SERVOS

what servos can i use if i want to use Advanced HSR??must it be ko's servos??
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 01:33 AM   #820
Tech Elite

Default Re: ADVANCED HSR SERVOS

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
I think I know what KO will answer to this But I might be wrong
Old 02-11-2005, 05:14 AM   #821
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt
Default Re: ADVANCED HSR SERVOS

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
I've used AHSR on a Futaba 9550 without problems for a year, shouldn't be any problems long as the servo is digital
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:16 AM   #822
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by yellow15
But i'll replace the ESC with a VFS-1 tonight and see if it makes any difference and let you know
new VFS-1 ESC is installed and still got the same problem
I've tried the up timer and down timer and both of them are working fine..
just the lap timer which is the only timer i want to use damn it
Old 02-13-2005, 04:21 AM   #823
Tech Elite

hey guys,can i charge my ni-mh AA cells through the transmitter(helios of course)???it is wall charger and charges overnight.can i charge using it through the transmitter?thanks
Old 02-13-2005, 05:37 AM   #824
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Charging...

NTC3FREAK,
You shouldn't have any problems using the wall charger. Just monitor the heat coming from the batteries and do not overcharge. I would check the voltage like every hour or so.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:01 AM   #825
Tech Elite

Default Re: Charging...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Corrado
NTC3FREAK,
You shouldn't have any problems using the wall charger. Just monitor the heat coming from the batteries and do not overcharge. I would check the voltage like every hour or so.

every hour???i cannot sleep??? .have u tried it??how long does it usually charges??