Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's >

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Old 02-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dado11g
i got my helios about a month ago and im loving it! my friend told me that there is a function for throttle preset so it will stay are a certain speed without touching anything. does anyopne know how to work this?

thanks
marshalv.
I dont know what you mean with this, so I'm waiting for more input / answers
Old 02-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ehh... i was told that you can turn on a preset for your throttle so it will stay at a certain speed. and you dont have to hold or even touch the remote to make the car move once it is engaged. i guess for a nitro car it would be an idle-up function. im using it on a stock sedan.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dado11g
ehh... i was told that you can turn on a preset for your throttle so it will stay at a certain speed. and you dont have to hold or even touch the remote to make the car move once it is engaged. i guess for a nitro car it would be an idle-up function. im using it on a stock sedan.
Thanks, that cleared it up for me. I dont got a Helios, so I cant help... But thanks for explaining it.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

notch up the throttle trim?
Old 02-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

ya, thats an easy one. but there is a way to set a button to put a trim preset where you want it.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

u could set up another car profile with a higher throtle sub trim
Old 02-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

i got the EX-10 radio, PDS2343 servo and my VFS-1 will be arriving in 2-3 days.

1. I notice my steering servo would make some small noise each time after i turn the wheels.. it would take a few seconds before the noise disappear.. and the more i move it, the longer the noise will stay.. it's just a very weak noise and the servo got no unusual movement. Is it normal?

2. What is the corrent position for the tx module to be at the advance speed mode? Up or down? i know it mentioned on the manual but i just can't figure out that "black area" means the switch or the shadow of the switch..

3. My friend (who got a EX-1 Mars) told me i have to adjust the Throttle High Point to 150 to give 100% throttle signal to my ESC, is this true?

4. I notice my car would go CRAZY if i switch on the receiver before the transmitter. steering turn left/right to extreme at full speed and so does my motor.. I know i'm suppose to turn on the tx first but i never have this crazy thing happens when i was using my other AM/FM radios.. is this normal?

Thanks
Richard
Old 02-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by yellow15

1. I notice my steering servo would make some small noise each time after i turn the wheels.. it would take a few seconds before the noise disappear.. and the more i move it, the longer the noise will stay.. it's just a very weak noise and the servo got no unusual movement. Is it normal?

2. What is the corrent position for the tx module to be at the advance speed mode? Up or down? i know it mentioned on the manual but i just can't figure out that "black area" means the switch or the shadow of the switch..

3. My friend (who got a EX-1 Mars) told me i have to adjust the Throttle High Point to 150 to give 100% throttle signal to my ESC, is this true?

4. I notice my car would go CRAZY if i switch on the receiver before the transmitter. steering turn left/right to extreme at full speed and so does my motor.. I know i'm suppose to turn on the tx first but i never have this crazy thing happens when i was using my other AM/FM radios.. is this normal?

Thanks
Richard

i think i can only answer the 1st one(since i just bought this radio )i think digital servos make some noises.so i think it is normal.but i dont have a digital servo,but i have heard that they make some noise.sorry coz cant answer the other ones.probably should ask KO staff or other people
Old 02-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

i HAVE heard some digital, and they sound like a ESC execpt softer.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks
Richard
1) That's normal with digital servos.

2+3) I dont have the Helios, so....???

4) It's absolutely normal. Your other radios seems to be weird, or you were just lucky...
Old 02-07-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

1. that is the digital server trying to center itself

2. just look under thte transmitter module, you will want to set it to high speed (up I think) and then the transmitter to 2 channel

3.I set mine at 100% and my keyence tells me it is at 100% at full throttle, so don't know what your friend is talking about. Also Adrian at Schui, which is the US imported of the Keyence said never put it at 150%. seam to mess up the speedo.

4.that is normal. never switch on the receiver first!

Thanks
Richard
Old 02-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Helios versus Presto

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
[B...You may want to look into the Spektrum once it is available. We are waiting for its release to test it.[/B]
Hey KO PROPO Staff,

Spektrum claims the response time when using the Helios with their system will be 5.6ms. How does this compare with that of the Helios in it's fastest mode with the KR-302F receiver?

I'm trying to gauge if moving to the Spektrum setup will lessen response time (or if i'll even notice )
Old 02-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Helios versus Presto

Originally posted by Bob Nilsen
Hey KO PROPO Staff,

Spektrum claims the response time when using the Helios with their system will be 5.6ms. How does this compare with that of the Helios in it's fastest mode with the KR-302F receiver?

I'm trying to gauge if moving to the Spektrum setup will lessen response time (or if i'll even notice )
That is probably what their system is capable up to handling. The response (frame rate) is controlled in the CPU, not the module or receiver. Advanced HSR is 8.0ms which "should" be in their quoted capable handling capacity. We are still waiting for it to come out to test with our system.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

KO PROPO Staff: i got a question about my ex-10.

i've used my ex-10 for a few times now, it's all good and i never have any glitching problems since i've used it. but i had a strange problem when i went to our local track yesterday.

I switched my tx on, then the car on, and then i notice the car doesn't response at all... so i thought somethings losen and i checked and reconnect some of the wires again and it's back to normal..
so i took my car to the track, drive it for 5-10 sec, then i walk up to the driver's stand and... start the lap timer, press the throttle trigger, and the car is NOT responding again!!!

i went back to my car, checked everything. No wire was losen but the throttle/brake indicator LEDs on the ESC doesn't come on when i apply throttle or brake and the servo doesn't move at all.. So i was thinking maybe the battery's flat or something so i swap to another GP3000 pack... now this time, the problem seems disappeared.. until i finished 20 laps or so, i stopped/reset the timer, went back to my car, and the car is NOT responding again!!! I turned the tx off, and the car goes crazy immediately (so the receiver was receiving signal before).. so i turn my tx on again immiedately and car is back to normal and i can drive it again! (the car battery was still far from flat at that time)

The same thing happened 2 more times later
Each time, i turned off the tx and turned it on again and the car is back to normal. and everytime it happens after i stop the car for a while (30sec?) then try to drive it again.

I didn't have this problem before and when i went home last night and test it in my room (using an almost flat GP3300 from earlier), i didn't have this problem again.

So what can be wrong?

my car is a Pro4, with 29Mhz Ex-10 (legal here, battery voltage is above 10V), TM-P8 ESC (going to be replaced by VFS-1 which is sitting on my desk at the moment), PDS2343 servo, silver can motor, no cap or diode is installed.

Last edited by yellow15; 02-09-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Default Yellow15

What receiver are you using? What response mode?

Could be several things. Bad connection on the car side. Bad receiver, wrong setting on Tx, esc, etc. Try to change one thing at a time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.