R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/30790-ko-propo-ex-10-helios-qs.html)

Cole Trickle 01-25-2005 10:56 AM

Re: Re: Helios versus Presto

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
You may want to look into the Spektrum once it is available. We are waiting for its release to test it.
I dont know what Spektrum is - do you have a link where I can read more, or can you short explain?

Thanks.

Travis S 01-25-2005 12:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Helios versus Presto

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
I dont know what Spektrum is - do you have a link where I can read more, or can you short explain?

Thanks.

http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=554

Cole Trickle 01-25-2005 12:48 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Helios versus Presto

Thanks.

Sad, it's not compatible with my Presto, if it was I would get the fast response time as a bonus. But I would still loose the 4th chanel :cry:

Cole Trickle 01-26-2005 05:07 AM

Re: Re: Helios versus Presto

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
You may want to look into the Spektrum once it is available. We are waiting for its release to test it.
Huh ??? :confused: I can buy the Spektrum here, it's already approved by the official radio organisation here in Denmark/Europe. There's also a official version for the Helios at one of our shops.

I can buy a Spektrum for you guys, then you can give me a Helios. Deal? :D

lem2 01-26-2005 05:22 AM

I used a Presto once for about a year, I like it and No problems!!!
But I switch then to Helios and I noticed a big change in my driving, it has become more consistent.

Mr. Shookie 01-26-2005 08:40 AM

Huh ??? :confused: I can buy the Spektrum here, it's already approved by the official radio organisation here in Denmark/Europe. There's also a official version for the Helios at one of our shops.

Hhhmm let me think,,,,,,Spektrum $159.99 have to wait two-three weeks.

Helios $270.00ish that will take a few days to me then a week to denmark and after you have to pay another $50.00 for customs hhhhmmm $320.00 for a $159.99 sounds great let me just pull out the extra $160.00 and burn it LOL.....
I can't hardly wait but even if I had an extra Helios I have already ordered the Spektrum from Horizon....
Oh Cole you will love the Helios it is intemidating at first but once you spend a week reading it.....as it will take that long since it was my bathroom reading for that week....You quickly find that it does everything but toast bread...LOL:lol:
Take Care and GOD Bless
Stephen <><
Sorry if my humor is a bit dry today...

Tim Johnson 01-26-2005 09:08 AM

ODD...HOW CAN YOU WHEN IT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC.

Cole Trickle 01-27-2005 04:35 AM

Calling KO Staff

In my main car, I'm using the PDS 2123 :D

Twice as fast, sounds like much.

My problem is, that I cant relate this to anything. My thoughts goes like this:

I would assume the electronics is much faster than the mechanics, that is, the servo would be the limit.

The starting point (AA) is when the man (me) turns the steering wheel; The radio uses a certain time to transmit the signal, let's call it YY. The servo then uses 0,06 sec./60 degrees (unloaded, I believe, slower when loaded). Next the wheels turns (ZZ).

So from AA to ZZ, it's YY + 0,06. But if YY is 0,0001, then it doesnt matter if it's 0,0002 or 0,0001 compared to the servo.

:confused:

Please explain in some terms I can relate to.

KO Staff, please comment. Thanks.

ntc3freak 01-27-2005 07:24 AM

can somebody pm me how to make custom tones on the helios???i dont look at ep forums too often,so pleaz pm me.i dont understand a thing in the manual:weird:

KO PROPO Staff 01-27-2005 10:05 AM

Calling Cole Trickle

The speed reference according to your model would be the YY. This is what is increased. I doubt that you can feel the difference when going from neutral to the servo end point 0.06s /60 deg. You will feel and see the difference on the response in moving the servo back and forth rapidly.

Tim Johnson 01-27-2005 06:52 PM

Well i know there is a speed difference.....I use my Helios for my online sim racing, and I notice a difference between my XS3 and my helios.

Travis S 01-27-2005 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by ntc3freak
can somebody pm me how to make custom tones on the helios???i dont look at ep forums too often,so pleaz pm me.i dont understand a thing in the manual:weird:
Get a girlfriend that can read sheet music and translate it to Heli-notes. :D PAge 30 or something tells you how to do that if you can read sheet music...

Or you can download the helios software and import a custom sound file that they put the web site... I have a pic that shows me importing one of the files and how it shows up. (Scooby Doo)
Then just type in what is says (U3U3T3T3R3 est.) in the custom tone menu of you helios

Get software here

http://www.kopropo.com/ICS.htm

Tones here

http://www.kopropo.com/melodies.htm

Another note about downloading the tones from the link above. Once you get to this page, right click on the link and do a SAVE AS. Then make sure you change it to "all files" from the .txt or text file in the drop down. Or you can just put qoutes around the file name. If you don't do this it will make it a .txt file and not a .kpd

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for the song in the picture this is what you would need to enter:

U3U3T3T3R6T3U4N6N3Q4N4U4T3R4T3U6-4U3U3T3T3R6T3W4O6O3Q4M4V4T3R6

ntc3freak 01-27-2005 07:40 PM

is it the ex-10 helios program download??

Travis S 01-27-2005 07:46 PM

http://www.kopropo.com/HELIOS_US.exe

This is the download...

Once you are able to open them in the program this will give you what you need to input the tone into your system. You just manually need to put in the U3U3 or whatever it says for the notes into your radio. If you have the external link that you can buy for it then you don't have to manually input them...

ntc3freak 01-27-2005 07:52 PM

yeah.that is the one i downloaded.how to use it??can u explain it to me?i am a newbie,so i dont understand everything.thanks:D