R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-24-2005, 05:40 AM   #736
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by tboned_2002
Harsh, thank god ur in the central valley! I will get an answer for you tomorrow.

T
hehe ....it was actually doing this at the carpet race couple of weeks ago, seems to work fine, I'm just worried that it may be a sign of something bigger going wrong (or that explosion thing )

Yea that'd be great (to get an answer on it) ...I'e tried eveything I can think of & that has been suggested and it still blinks away.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:35 AM   #737
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by HarshGuy
hehe ....it was actually doing this at the carpet race couple of weeks ago, seems to work fine, I'm just worried that it may be a sign of something bigger going wrong (or that explosion thing )

Yea that'd be great (to get an answer on it) ...I'e tried eveything I can think of & that has been suggested and it still blinks away.
stop playing with all the radio features....LOL I love mine though. I even got Mo to sell his M8 and get one.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:19 PM   #738
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Amendola
Default Steering Balance Right?

A fellow racer has been experiencing an issue with adjusting steeing balance to the right. The asterisk will not appear next to the right to adjust. Mine is also intermittant but still works. Wondering if anyone else has seen this or how to fix it...

Greg
Greg Amendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:23 PM   #739
Tech Master

Default Re: Problem?

HarshGuy,
Try this. Go to function menu and select "SETUP". There, go to BT1 and assign it to ACCEL. Once that is set, press the BT1 button. Does the light go off/on? Let me know.

Quote:
I think I have a problem, although it doesn't seem to be affecting the radio functioninig ...but just hoping it isn't the "calm before the storm". Anyhow, the throttle acceleration light is always blinking, I never set throttle acceleration and in fact that was set to the factory defaults set to:

TH:ACCEL
WIDTH 0
POS.LOW 5
POS.HIGH 50
CYCLE 97

The manaul says with width of 0 that this is not set.

I've tried setting to as low as possible i.e.:
TH:ACCEL
WIDTH 0
POS.LOW 0
POS.HIGH 0
CYCLE 1

same results so I set them back to the factory defaults ...any ideas/and or you think this is a precursor to the controller imploding in my hands one day and taking out a 3 city block radius?
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:25 PM   #740
Tech Master

Download the Helios software and open the file. Then you can input the sounds manually.

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis S
Ok I just got home and I was going to try this but I can't figure it out...

How would you type this into your helios for the custom sound???

<TAG>
CUSTOM TONE 1
<TEXT>

<DATA>
 CW92F3132314F2A40206788282A2B2A48514D2D2F312F4D2 84020686B6A6A60402F3126314F2A4020671F
<END>

It makes you put a number after the note and I am guessing that is for how long the note plays, but this one goes CW92F313

Does that make it C-9 W-2 F-3 F-1 F-3??? I have no clue... Any ideas?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:26 PM   #741
Tech Master

Default Re: Steering Balance Right?

Do the Adjust VR function. Once complete, you should be able to do the steering balance.

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Amendola
A fellow racer has been experiencing an issue with adjusting steeing balance to the right. The asterisk will not appear next to the right to adjust. Mine is also intermittant but still works. Wondering if anyone else has seen this or how to fix it...

Greg
Old 01-24-2005, 01:59 PM   #742
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Greg - Thanks for asking the question. I was able to get that figured out last night. I took off the steering wheel and the moved it to the right all the way and the asterisk came up, but when I put the wheel back on it wouldn't. So I read about the VR collaboration and did that and it worked.

Thanks for the help - Greg and KO PROPO Staff. Good looken out!
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:36 PM   #743
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Problem?

HOLY CR** ...it blew up, blew my hand clean off ...I'll try it tonight & lyk what happened.

Quote:
Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
HarshGuy,
Try this. Go to function menu and select "SETUP". There, go to BT1 and assign it to ACCEL. Once that is set, press the BT1 button. Does the light go off/on? Let me know.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:55 PM   #744
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Problem?

That fixed if ...thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
HarshGuy,
Old 01-24-2005, 08:46 PM   #745
Tech Elite

Default Helios versus Presto

I got a Presto, which I'm very happy with; Good grip, good functions and I like the 4 channel for special projects, like my safety car, where I can control the soundmodule and turn the head light on and off. I also have a nice red D-shaped steering wheel

But I was wondering, how much faster is the Helios? Some people say these high speed radios are much faster, others say they cant tell the difference.

Since I'm happy with my Presto, I would regert to throw out the money, if the speed wasnt a true and great improvement.

Can it be compared to something? Like servo speed?

What is 1-2-way steering speed? And 1-3-way throttle speed?

Can the Helios be upgraded to a 4 channel system?

Is there any other advantages like modules for synthezised / PCM?

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:18 PM   #746
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Problem?

Quote:
That fixed if ...thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Told you to wait until the morning and evrthing will be taken care of.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:42 PM   #747
Tech Master

Im not sure how much faster the radio will be, but i will say this, the SPecktrum module will be out soon for the helios. This will allow you to turn on your radio and never have to wory about what channel you are on, or worry about glitches.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:57 AM   #748
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

guys..have you guys got any idea whats the difference between the new helios ex10 competition that i see in this month jan 2005 edition of japan rc world magazine and the conventional one?

it seems the same apart from the gold steering wheel..have you guys got any idea andwho sells it as my local hobby shop dont seem to know anythign about it..
KELVIN KHNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:25 AM   #749
Tech Master

Default Re: Helios versus Presto

The frame rate on the Presto is 16.0 and the Helios is 8.0. Twice as fast in response when using digital servos for AHSR.

1-2 way steering and 1-3 way throttle speeds allow you to change the speed of the steering or throttle through points along the steering or throttle movement.

Helios is only a 3CH radio system. Factory default is 2CH for the AHSR.

No synthesized. No PCM, PPM only (faster). You may want to look into the Spektrum once it is available. We are waiting for its release to test it.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cole Trickle
I got a Presto, which I'm very happy with; Good grip, good functions and I like the 4 channel for special projects, like my safety car, where I can control the soundmodule and turn the head light on and off. I also have a nice red D-shaped steering wheel

But I was wondering, how much faster is the Helios? Some people say these high speed radios are much faster, others say they cant tell the difference.

Since I'm happy with my Presto, I would regert to throw out the money, if the speed wasnt a true and great improvement.

Can it be compared to something? Like servo speed?

What is 1-2-way steering speed? And 1-3-way throttle speed?

Can the Helios be upgraded to a 4 channel system?

Is there any other advantages like modules for synthezised / PCM?

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:47 AM   #750
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Helios versus Presto

Quote:
The frame rate on the Presto is 16.0 and the Helios is 8.0. Twice as fast in response when using digital servos for AHSR.
In my main car, I'm using the PDS 2123

Twice as fast, sounds like much.

My problem is, that I cant relate this to anything. My thoughts goes like this:

I would assume the electronics is much faster than the mechanics, that is, the servo would be the limit.

The starting point (AA) is when the man (me) turns the steering wheel; The radio uses a certain time to transmit the signal, let's call it YY. The servo then uses 0,06 sec./60 degrees (unloaded, I believe, slower when loaded). Next the wheels turns (ZZ).

So from AA to ZZ, it's YY + 0,06. But if YY is 0,0001, then it doesnt matter if it's 0,0002 or 0,0001 compared to the servo.

Please explain in some terms I can relate to.