R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2004, 07:24 PM   #586
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Holmenkollen
I have the Helios manual as a pdf if anyone is interested.
Do you still have it?
I would love a copy please.

Cheers!
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:56 AM   #587
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Quote:
Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
If you look at the chart that came with your manual you will see that the PS-2173 and PS-2174 will work in Super HSR mode (high response 3CH). These servos are analog. The Super HSR is the same speed as the Mars R and Vantage R.
that i know...but im using Futaba analog servo S3003. but anyway...thanks for reminding me...i've tried using as u advised...it works like charm...now i got back my steering and my throttle is damn faster...even for analog...it works better with futaba
i actually put negative curve on the throttle
thanks KO PROPO Staff. im in A main now...go go go Helios!!!
Old 11-21-2004, 03:55 PM   #588
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to D_Ames

I just got my helios and I can't seem to start the lap timer. Not that it's important but I just can't figure out how to get it to work. I have it set to BT1 and it won't even come on the screen when I push the button. If I navigate to it through the menu I get the 00.00.00 but I cant get it to start (yes, I squeezed the trigger). Any ideas?

BTW, this is my 3rd KO radio in 7 years and I LOVE KO products, but, the instructions have NOT gotten any better since the original EX10 came out . How hard is it to hire someone that speaks fluent english as well as japanese to translate these manuals
D_Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:20 PM   #589
jez
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If i am not mistaken, you need to go to the lap timer menu, then, I think you need to press both the round button to get the display to read 'ready'. Once its 'ready' then the throttle trigger starts it. I may be wrong as I haven't got the transmitter with me.

Good luck
jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:30 PM   #590
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to D_Ames

That did it. I wasn't pressing the two buttons simultaniously. Thank you!!!

Would you like to write manuals for KO
D_Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 07:03 PM   #591
jez
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't think anyone is that brave....

cheers
jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 06:30 AM   #592
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Quote:
Originally posted by D_Ames
That did it. I wasn't pressing the two buttons simultaniously. Thank you!!!

Would you like to write manuals for KO
mine in english....which part/page u didn't understand?
Old 11-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #593
Tech Addict

Default shopatron

KO,
I'm just wondering how long an order takes to ship out through shopatron? I just ordered a Helios and some accersories and I just can't wait to get them!
Also, will the order ship out from CA? I hope so because I'm in norcal, so it shouldn't take very long to get here.
Thanks.
j240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:43 PM   #594
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to rossiRocket

Yes they are located in So. California so you should get your order soon. I live down here and got my order within two days. Fast service!
rossiRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 02:32 PM   #595
Tech Addict

Sweet, thanks.
I can't wait!!!
Old 11-26-2004, 10:09 AM   #596
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to onebeatuptc3

on the melodies, how do you do the Y with the lines in it?
onebeatuptc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 12:17 PM   #597
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Helios questions

The upcoming availability of Spektrum modules is making me think about getting a new radio. I've read this entire thread trying to understand the pros and cons of the Helios, and still have some questions:

1) Why does KO USA not provide the manual as a PDF? Other manufacturers do: See for instance http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/index.html .

2) Is it true that if some of my models can use Advanced HSR and others use Super HSR or normal rate, I must physically remove the module and flip some switches in order to change between my models? Given that many Tx problems reported on this thread were attributed problems with the module connector, it seems like a really bad idea to be constantly removing and replacing the module.

3) What value does the computer interface provide other than more convenience in loading tones into the transmitter? (And the ability to program servos -- something that nobody on this thread has said they've done.)

The value I'd most like to see is the ability to use the transmitter as a PC game controller -- is this provided?

I'm compelled to observe that PC serial ports are a legacy technology that many future PCs will not support. It would make a lot more sense for the transmitter to support a USB connection.

4) What level of technical cooperation is taking place between KO and Spektrum/Horizon and KO in the development of the Spektrum module for Helios? Does KO share technical information with Spektrum/Horizon on the module interface, or is Spektrum/Horizon required to reverse-engineer this interface?

Cheers,

--mark
MarkBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 01:08 PM   #598
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Helios questions

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkBrown
The upcoming availability of Spektrum modules is making me think about getting a new radio. I've read this entire thread trying to understand the pros and cons of the Helios, and still have some questions:

1) Why does KO USA not provide the manual as a PDF? Other manufacturers do: See for instance http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/index.html .

2) Is it true that if some of my models can use Advanced HSR and others use Super HSR or normal rate, I must physically remove the module and flip some switches in order to change between my models? Given that many Tx problems reported on this thread were attributed problems with the module connector, it seems like a really bad idea to be constantly removing and replacing the module.

3) What value does the computer interface provide other than more convenience in loading tones into the transmitter? (And the ability to program servos -- something that nobody on this thread has said they've done.)

The value I'd most like to see is the ability to use the transmitter as a PC game controller -- is this provided?

I'm compelled to observe that PC serial ports are a legacy technology that many future PCs will not support. It would make a lot more sense for the transmitter to support a USB connection.

4) What level of technical cooperation is taking place between KO and Spektrum/Horizon and KO in the development of the Spektrum module for Helios? Does KO share technical information with Spektrum/Horizon on the module interface, or is Spektrum/Horizon required to reverse-engineer this interface?

Cheers,

--mark
hey mark.. ill try to answer some of your questions...

1. robert is basically the only guy at ko propo that does the website and support. he will be getting to it he's just a busy guy. (like right now he's in japan for a trade show. lucky guy. )

2. robert can clarify this for you but i think you can leave it on super HSR..and for your older receivers.. it'll just work in normal advanced HSR. i think? im not sure.

3. you can also program your VFS esc (if you have one) via the same interface. that way you can use it for the radio, servo and esc.

you can also buy a quick adapter to convert the serial port into USB.

4. i dont know.. but their technology is awesome lets hope it works well with the helios because i have never had glitching problems with my helios.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 05:14 PM   #599
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
I think it is Thunder RC or Thunder Racing that sells Li Poly's that are perfect for transmitters. 4000mAh and 11.1v packs. They make many others as well.
Are you talking about Thunder Power in vegas? I'll give them a call, I didn't see any KO specific packs on their website.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:40 PM   #600
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Claydoh

Can somebody give me the rough physical size of the helios so I can start looking for a case before mine gets here? Thanks.
Claydoh is offline   Reply With Quote