Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's >

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Old 11-02-2004, 03:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by HarshGuy
I *think* I remember reading on this thread or somewhere that when you install that dro pdown chingadera that you gotta reset some wierd setting???? ....I got mine today, and was looking for that info but didn't find it ...was it just a bad batch of crack? Or did I really read that somewhere?
Do you mean the "adjust VR" mode?
My opinions are you have to recalibrate your Helios maybe at least once a month to keep it accurate.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by daniz24
Do you mean the "adjust VR" mode?
My opinions are you have to recalibrate your Helios maybe at least once a month to keep it accurate.
Yea that was it, I seem to recall wherever I read that ...that it was hard to figure out how to do from the manual ...how about a "cliff notes" version
Old 11-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yea that was it, I seem to recall wherever I read that ...that it was hard to figure out how to do from the manual ...how about a "cliff notes" version
Yea if anyone who has done this upgrade could give a realy easy to understand Professional installation (hint hint KO STAFFER) of the Wheel Extention unit, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Stephen <><
Old 11-02-2004, 08:49 AM

Originally posted by mo
Is the Helios available as a Transmitter only?

Yep. I already have a Mars 2000 edition (it's kinda old.. LOL) and a bunch of receivers so I don't want to buy a complete radio system when I'm just going to stick all my recievers in a box in a couple months.
I was thinking of buying a system to get the 302F rX if anyone is interested. I would want $200 plus shipping for a brand new 75mhz ex10 transmitter.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:31 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

i heard there is a new helios coming out, with gold wheel and screws.. (just like mars R )
any info on that ??
Old 11-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Default Glitch!

Hi Guys,

I got my radio two months ago. I bought 2 KO digital 2343 and 2344. I had only been running this in my new 710 for about a week. I noticed that there is that irritating glitchy sound when when I go back to neutral on both servos, but I don't notice any movement from them and is goes silent after 2 seconds. I brought them to the shop where I bought my Helios and the person said that it was normal coz the servo is self centering??? Is this natural and true? Or there is something wrong with my set? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Titan

BTW, I had been out of the RC seen for several years. I am aware that there are new technological feats.. Just wanted to make sure I didn't get a messed up radio
Old 11-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Glitch!

Originally posted by Titan
Hi Guys,

I got my radio two months ago. I bought 2 KO digital 2343 and 2344. I had only been running this in my new 710 for about a week. I noticed that there is that irritating glitchy sound when when I go back to neutral on both servos, but I don't notice any movement from them and is goes silent after 2 seconds. I brought them to the shop where I bought my Helios and the person said that it was normal coz the servo is self centering??? Is this natural and true? Or there is something wrong with my set? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Titan

BTW, I had been out of the RC seen for several years. I am aware that there are new technological feats.. Just wanted to make sure I didn't get a messed up radio
perfectly normal. my servo/helios set up does the same thing. twitches like a crack addict going cold turkey.. then after 2 seconds ... POOF.. no more.

so your safe and your radio/servo set up is perfectly normal
Old 11-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by shooky
Yea if anyone who has done this upgrade could give a realy easy to understand Professional installation (hint hint KO STAFFER) of the Wheel Extention unit, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Stephen <><
Anyone ...Anyone ...Beuhler ...Beuhler
Old 11-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Lord

Anyone ...Anyone ...Beuhler ...Beuhler
ive done it three times (Twice on a helios and once on a mars R) but im not professional.

PM robert, he'll help you out.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default --

Hebiki,

Thanks dude!

Harshguy,

The wheel is easy to install, but if you have big hands it would be quite hard to get the plug in. In any case, simply follow the instructions even if you couldn't understand Japanese and I am sure you'll get it to work and fit perfectly. Just the way I did on my helios. Don't be harsh on the thing it's plastic.. hehehee
Old 11-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i dont mean to sound thick headed, but what was the first ex-10 that got resurected for the new one? Also, if i were to buy the radio on the shopatron network, would it come with crystals? Thanks.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default FYI------INFO

for users of the helios(any radio/with a removable module to be fair): if removing the module at the rear of the radio, be careful when putting it back in....... pins may become loose and crazy glitching can result of poor connections with the terminals inside the radio...must say this is the best radio i have so far...but as you know any thing can break... treat it wit some love... & happy racing to ALL !!!!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Rheinhard, Hara, and Masami.. all using Ko radios wow.. talk about a driver line up!
rheinhard used an airtronics m8.

havnet seen anybody use a ko propo helios in our local track. will you recommend it over the m8 or the 3pk? would like to ask you guys before i buy a new radio....
Old 11-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

It is an awesome radio. Very comforatble and has all the bells and whistles for avery good price. My only regret if ever selling mine. But I'm working at getting another.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by onebeatuptc3
i dont mean to sound thick headed, but what was the first ex-10 that got resurected for the new one? Also, if i were to buy the radio on the shopatron network, would it come with crystals? Thanks.
yes.. they resurrected the old one back up..and "revised" it into what is now known as the Helios

yes you will receive one set of crystals (transmitter and receiver). you can also purchase additional sets through their shopatron network.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.