R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-01-2004, 11:38 AM   #376
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

KO Propo Staff: Have you looked at www.caseclub.com ? They will have what you guys are looking for.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:52 PM   #377
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

KO PROPO Staff, what are the minimum requirements for operating system for your different programming software (i.e. the helios, servo & speedo software) ...will it rin on Win95 ..how about Windows CE?
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:29 PM   #378
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

Quote:
Originally posted by HarshGuy
KO PROPO Staff, what are the minimum requirements for operating system for your different programming software (i.e. the helios, servo & speedo software) ...will it rin on Win95 ..how about Windows CE?
linux only...hahaha
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:41 AM   #379
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by HarshGuy
Win98-XP will work. CE probably not, but would be nice. I have found problems operating in WinMill. Windows just freezes up and you get the blue screen of death!
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:45 AM   #380
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
the blue screen of death!
man..thats old school right there!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:50 AM   #381
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

KO Staff-have you got anyone coming to the Halloween Classic?

Also-On sunday my car went out of control in the club race-like someone turned on a radio-but no-one was on my frequency. Is there any truth to certain odd fequencies being susceptible to being affected by multiple other frequencies being on at the same time?

Just curious-I ran ch 77. Car ran fine in next race with this crytal set in it. Of course no-one owned up to turning on there radio mid race.

Thanks,
Ray

Last edited by rayhuang; 10-04-2004 at 11:57 AM.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #382
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
KO Staff-have you got anyone coming to the Halloween Classic?

Also-On sunday my car went of control in the club race-like someone turned on a radio-but no-one was on my frequency. Is there any truth to certain odd fequencies being susceptible to being affected by multiple other frequencies being on at the same time?

Just curious-I ran ch 77. Car ran fine in next race with this crytal set in it. Of course no-one owned up to turning on there radio mid race.

Thanks,
Ray
We will not be at the Halloween Classic. It's not just the odd frequencies, it is any frequency if someone's system is not properly tuned. Channels can bleed over and hit other channels if not properly tuned or some probably did turne on their Tx. If it didn't occur again, then that was probably the case.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:54 PM   #383
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Heya Robert, how did your vintage offroad experience go? Good news is the Gravel Hound is ready to run and will be at Socal this Thursday to have some fun. Corey says he'll put some gear in his Losi as well and show up. In any event, that's when I'll be there All in good fun
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:05 PM   #384
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
Heya Robert, how did your vintage offroad experience go? Good news is the Gravel Hound is ready to run and will be at Socal this Thursday to have some fun. Corey says he'll put some gear in his Losi as well and show up. In any event, that's when I'll be there All in good fun
I got it together, but have not run it yet. I'll see if I can get down there on Thursady. I've been iching to give it a try.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:51 AM   #385
Tech Addict

Ko Staff,

I just recently purchased my 2nd Helios and I am having issues with it. I had to sell my older one to pay some bills, that's another story. After a couple of weeks, I have noticed that this one glitches really bad when it is tilted on an angle. I have pulled my module out and popped it in a buddy's helios and with my module and crystal, it works fine.

I am currently using my old Mars R with the same set of crystals and reciever from the helios. I checked everything on the radio and the antenna hasn't been removed and is tight.

Tim
Old 10-05-2004, 11:33 AM   #386
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Stamper
Ko Staff,

I just recently purchased my 2nd Helios and I am having issues with it. I had to sell my older one to pay some bills, that's another story. After a couple of weeks, I have noticed that this one glitches really bad when it is tilted on an angle. I have pulled my module out and popped it in a buddy's helios and with my module and crystal, it works fine.

I am currently using my old Mars R with the same set of crystals and reciever from the helios. I checked everything on the radio and the antenna hasn't been removed and is tight.

Tim
Tim-
You may have damaged the pins on the PC board that connect to the module. I would send it in to us directly if you are located in the US.
-Robert
Old 10-05-2004, 08:04 PM   #387
Tech Addict

Will do. The module never left the radio before the problem started. I have visually inspected all aspects of the radio and I don't see any damage. I do smell a slight electrical burning smell when I remove the module and take a whiff underneath it. I keep in in the speedmind bag also. I will send it in asap so that I might be able to use it in Cleveland.

Thanks,

Tim
Old 10-06-2004, 07:18 PM   #388
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

KO Staff

I have wanted to ask this for over 10 years!

WHY... do both 27mhz and 40mhz crystals come with the nice little plastic covers, and 75mhz dont?

Keith
Old 10-06-2004, 07:36 PM   #389
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Billanti
KO Staff

I have wanted to ask this for over 10 years!

WHY... do both 27mhz and 40mhz crystals come with the nice little plastic covers, and 75mhz dont?

Keith
Keith,
They used to, but not any more. I don't know the reasoning behind it.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:56 PM   #390
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Tim:

Hi,

If you need a radio for Cleveland just let me know. Mini has two right now one with a drop down and one without (drop down is on it's way) one is 27 and one is 75. along with a M8 and a 3PK. LMK

Thanks

Keith Billanti:

Hi,
I always wondered the same thing... I did find some 75 band crystals with the plastic covers on tho.

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote