Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's >

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Old 08-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by aoizip
nice wheeel!!!!
i just got my helio today~ man.... it is nice!
just need to get the bigger grip for the handle
a little too small for me.... but sure feel nice anyway!
well a good fix until you can get the bigger handle is go to a sporting goods store and pick up some Tennis Racquet Handle OVERGRIP, it is thinner than a replacement grip, and I just wrapped my handle with it...
Old 08-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm seriously looking at getting one of these radios really soon because I love the feel and features but I'm currently using a JR XS3 and have 5 RS300 synthsized recievers that I don't want to get rid of. Can I use these recievers with the Helios? Obviously without the HSR and such, but I don't really want to go buy 4 KR-302F recievers, those little guys are pricey!
Old 08-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by psbarger
I'm seriously looking at getting one of these radios really soon because I love the feel and features but I'm currently using a JR XS3 and have 5 RS300 synthsized recievers that I don't want to get rid of. Can I use these recievers with the Helios? Obviously without the HSR and such, but I don't really want to go buy 4 KR-302F recievers, those little guys are pricey!
Well, Robert or Hebiki can confirm this for me, but I do not think that you can use those Rx's.
-Mike
Old 08-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

psbarger... i tried it with my mars-R and my old XS3, and the car glitched like crazy. i highly recommend against it. the helios as you know operates a lot faster than the mars-R. even tho those little suckers are pricey, just look at the advantages you get:

- weight savings
- smaller foot print
- HSR features that come with the Helios.

you should be able to pick some up on here or ebay fairly cheap. ive seen a 302F as cheap as $60. my LHS sells it for $110 i think? its worth the investment. OR put the 302F on your TOP TWO cars..and use the 301F on your other 3. the 301F works just as good, just a bit larger and doesnt operate as fast. although i dont notice a difference?
Old 08-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info guys. I soppose if I can get $50-60 each for my RS300s that will help a bit, still a pretty good chunk of change though.

Hebiki, I like your idea of using the 301F instead of the 302F to save a little money, but I'm just too darn competitive. If I dish out the money for the uber top of the line radio I want to get its full advantages, in ALL my cars. I guess the easy solution would be to drive less cars.... but what kinda weak answer is that?

One thing I just noticed, is KO only sells the crystals in sets and not individually? So if I buy a Helios, 4 extra recievers, I'm gonna have to buy 4 extra SETS of crystals and have 4 extra TX crystals for each channel? Yikes! KO Shopatron prices: Crystal sets $28 x 4 sets, x 3 to have different frequencys available. Holy smokes, maybe I should just wait for the JR R-1 Synthsized version....

I really like KO, but I'm gonna have to think about this alot.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

I'm getting the Helios! Does anyone know if the speedmind soft transmitter bag will work with the multi angle wheel extension unit? I hope so, because with this radio I definatly want to keep it safe and in good shape. Unlike my XS3 that I don't really care about.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

yeah it does work
Old 08-09-2004, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

I'm getting the Helios! Does anyone know if the speedmind soft transmitter bag will work with the multi angle wheel extension unit? I hope so, because with this radio I definatly want to keep it safe and in good shape. Unlike my XS3 that I don't really care about.
We (KO) have a new transmitter bag item # 16206 that will fit with the extension unit.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Yer for around a billion dollars more
Old 08-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Robert M, it's not on your website yet, when should we expect to see it?

thanks,
Dom
Old 08-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

has anyone had any problems with glitching? my Helios started doing it out of the blue, with either my 301's or 302 reciever. i did try both speed settings on the back. regardless of which car, motor, speedo, etc. and with everything else the same, my old Mars R worked perfectly.

this unit had been working flawlessly for about 4 months, then all of the sudden.... any ideas? i am debating sending it in for a check.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sleighty
Yer for around a billion dollars more
Just slightly cheaper, about $50.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by litespeed-dom

Robert M, it's not on your website yet, when should we expect to see it?

thanks,
Dom
I should have it up on the website and shopatron by tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
has anyone had any problems with glitching? my Helios started doing it out of the blue, with either my 301's or 302 reciever. i did try both speed settings on the back. regardless of which car, motor, speedo, etc. and with everything else the same, my old Mars R worked perfectly.

this unit had been working flawlessly for about 4 months, then all of the sudden.... any ideas? i am debating sending it in for a check.
Sounds like the pins for the module maybe damaged. I would send it in directly to us at KO for a check.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
Just slightly cheaper, about $50.
Doh! I just ordered my Speedmind bag for $23. I hope the KO bag sucks. If its that really nice solid aluminum one I'm gonna be kicking myself!!!!!

I just ordered my Helios through shopatron, can't wait till it gets here! I've ordered other parts directly from KO and got them in 2 days, so I'm gonna be real impatient if it doesn't come wednesday!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.