Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's >

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Reply

Old 05-02-2007, 11:46 AM
  #1951  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle River, NJ
Posts: 2,359
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Robert no longer with KO?

Robert...best of luck to you and thank you for all your help and support. You will be missed.
Carl Giordano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:45 PM
  #1952  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,210
Default

Thanks guys. Sorry Chris, no reedy race for me. Maybe next time but I will stop by to check things out.
KO PROPO Staff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:01 PM
  #1953  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Default

Hello, my name is Daniel Alvarado and I will be taking over Robert Morris' duties here at Ko Propo, USA. I want extend a Thank You to both Robert Morris and Mr. Nakagawa for giving me the opportunity to work for such a fine company. As many of you may know, Robert has done some extrodinary work over the past five years and I feel I have some big shoes to fill. I will do my best to ensure that the service you have come to know and expect will continue without a hitch. I look forward to working with our Ko Propo customers and drivers and ask for your patience while I become acquainted to my responsabilities. Thank you.

Daniel
KOPROPO TECH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:15 PM
  #1954  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (41)
 
subaru73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Auburn
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default robert at ko

Best of luck and it was nice working with you,i am shure the awesome service will continue.
subaru73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:00 AM
  #1955  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle River, NJ
Posts: 2,359
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KOPROPO TECH
Hello, my name is Daniel Alvarado and I will be taking over Robert Morris' duties here at Ko Propo, USA. I want extend a Thank You to both Robert Morris and Mr. Nakagawa for giving me the opportunity to work for such a fine company. As many of you may know, Robert has done some extrodinary work over the past five years and I feel I have some big shoes to fill. I will do my best to ensure that the service you have come to know and expect will continue without a hitch. I look forward to working with our Ko Propo customers and drivers and ask for your patience while I become acquainted to my responsabilities. Thank you.

Daniel
Congrats Daniel on the position. I've known Daniel for a number of years and his has always been helpful everytime we've seen each other at the track. I'm know his enthusiasm for this hobby will enhance his position with KO.

How can we contact you directly at KO?

Regards,
Carl
Carl Giordano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:15 AM
  #1956  
Tech Master
iTrader: (89)
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,739
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KOPROPO TECH
Hello, my name is Daniel Alvarado and I will be taking over Robert Morris' duties here at Ko Propo, USA. I want extend a Thank You to both Robert Morris and Mr. Nakagawa for giving me the opportunity to work for such a fine company. As many of you may know, Robert has done some extrodinary work over the past five years and I feel I have some big shoes to fill. I will do my best to ensure that the service you have come to know and expect will continue without a hitch. I look forward to working with our Ko Propo customers and drivers and ask for your patience while I become acquainted to my responsabilities. Thank you.

Daniel
Wow...Congrats Daniel. I'm sure you'll continue the high level of support.

And you better not give your roomy preferential treatment just because he finally won a big race.
sohlman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:10 AM
  #1957  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Smile

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Congrats Daniel on the position. I've known Daniel for a number of years and his has always been helpful everytime we've seen each other at the track. I'm know his enthusiasm for this hobby will enhance his position with KO.

How can we contact you directly at KO?

Regards,
Carl

Thanks Carl. You can reach me at the same office number.

Daniel
KOPROPO TECH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:17 AM
  #1958  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Talking

Originally Posted by sohlman
Wow...Congrats Daniel. I'm sure you'll continue the high level of support.

And you better not give your roomy preferential treatment just because he finally won a big race.
Thank you Sohlman. And come on, Bmain should at least get some servo grommets. LOL

Daniel
KOPROPO TECH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:23 AM
  #1959  
Tech Master
iTrader: (89)
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,739
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KOPROPO TECH
Thank you Sohlman. And come on, Bmain should at least get some servo grommets. LOL

Daniel


BTW - Nice bump-up show at the Mugen GP.
sohlman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:56 AM
  #1960  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
Greg M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 529
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I've had my Helios for a few years and always take the battery out to charge. I've had another crack at using the charging jack, but the pack voltage jumps and the charger eventually false peaks. I then take the pack out and hook directly to the charger and it chargers away with a constant voltage increase and doesn't false peak. I'm tempted to put another jack in between the battery and the switch on the radio, but if anyone can tell me how to get the radio to charge via the proper charging jack would be great.
Greg M is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:35 PM
  #1961  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,210
Default

Use a different charger. There is a one-way diode inside the radio to prevent shorting out the battery incase something "conductive" gets in the jack. Because of this diode, some chargers will false peak or not even charge the battery.

I know that the KO chargers (discontinued) and Novak chargers seem to work fine. LRP and others do not like the diode.
KO PROPO Staff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:40 PM
  #1962  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
Greg M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 529
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Dam, I only have Duratrax Ice's. I'll work something out and may just put another plug in it, so the diode doesn't affect it.
Greg M is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:41 PM
  #1963  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,210
Default

There is nothing wrong with the jack, you'll have to remove the diode and jumper the PCB where the diode used to be to get it to charge correctly.
KO PROPO Staff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:11 PM
  #1964  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,921
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
There is nothing wrong with the jack, you'll have to remove the diode and jumper the PCB where the diode used to be to get it to charge correctly.
robert..can you PM me your info (email?) thanks dude.

kopropoTech.... any word if there will be a Ko Propo Grand Prix this year? please say you have something in the works!
Hebiki is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:50 AM
  #1965  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
Greg M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 529
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
There is nothing wrong with the jack, you'll have to remove the diode and jumper the PCB where the diode used to be to get it to charge correctly.
Cool, I see the diode on the side of the board. Is it possible to just run a wire over the diode instead of removing it? Like anything of this value, I'm weary of damaging it.
Greg M is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service