R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #1951
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Robert no longer with KO?

Robert...best of luck to you and thank you for all your help and support. You will be missed.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #1952
Tech Master

Thanks guys. Sorry Chris, no reedy race for me. Maybe next time but I will stop by to check things out.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #1953
Tech Apprentice

Hello, my name is Daniel Alvarado and I will be taking over Robert Morris' duties here at Ko Propo, USA. I want extend a Thank You to both Robert Morris and Mr. Nakagawa for giving me the opportunity to work for such a fine company. As many of you may know, Robert has done some extrodinary work over the past five years and I feel I have some big shoes to fill. I will do my best to ensure that the service you have come to know and expect will continue without a hitch. I look forward to working with our Ko Propo customers and drivers and ask for your patience while I become acquainted to my responsabilities. Thank you.

Daniel
KOPROPO TECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:15 PM   #1954
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default robert at ko

Best of luck and it was nice working with you,i am shure the awesome service will continue.
subaru73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:00 AM   #1955
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOPROPO TECH
Hello, my name is Daniel Alvarado and I will be taking over Robert Morris' duties here at Ko Propo, USA. I want extend a Thank You to both Robert Morris and Mr. Nakagawa for giving me the opportunity to work for such a fine company. As many of you may know, Robert has done some extrodinary work over the past five years and I feel I have some big shoes to fill. I will do my best to ensure that the service you have come to know and expect will continue without a hitch. I look forward to working with our Ko Propo customers and drivers and ask for your patience while I become acquainted to my responsabilities. Thank you.

Daniel
Congrats Daniel on the position. I've known Daniel for a number of years and his has always been helpful everytime we've seen each other at the track. I'm know his enthusiasm for this hobby will enhance his position with KO.

How can we contact you directly at KO?

Regards,
Carl
Old 05-03-2007, 08:15 AM   #1956
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:

Daniel
Wow...Congrats Daniel. I'm sure you'll continue the high level of support.

And you better not give your roomy preferential treatment just because he finally won a big race.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #1957
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Congrats Daniel on the position. I've known Daniel for a number of years and his has always been helpful everytime we've seen each other at the track. I'm know his enthusiasm for this hobby will enhance his position with KO.

How can we contact you directly at KO?

Regards,
Carl

Thanks Carl. You can reach me at the same office number.

Daniel
Old 05-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #1958
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman
Wow...Congrats Daniel. I'm sure you'll continue the high level of support.

And you better not give your roomy preferential treatment just because he finally won a big race.
Thank you Sohlman. And come on, Bmain should at least get some servo grommets. LOL

Daniel
Old 05-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #1959
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Thank you Sohlman. And come on, Bmain should at least get some servo grommets. LOL

Daniel

BTW - Nice bump-up show at the Mugen GP.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:56 AM   #1960
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've had my Helios for a few years and always take the battery out to charge. I've had another crack at using the charging jack, but the pack voltage jumps and the charger eventually false peaks. I then take the pack out and hook directly to the charger and it chargers away with a constant voltage increase and doesn't false peak. I'm tempted to put another jack in between the battery and the switch on the radio, but if anyone can tell me how to get the radio to charge via the proper charging jack would be great.
Greg M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #1961
Tech Master

Use a different charger. There is a one-way diode inside the radio to prevent shorting out the battery incase something "conductive" gets in the jack. Because of this diode, some chargers will false peak or not even charge the battery.

I know that the KO chargers (discontinued) and Novak chargers seem to work fine. LRP and others do not like the diode.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:40 PM   #1962
Tech Addict

Dam, I only have Duratrax Ice's. I'll work something out and may just put another plug in it, so the diode doesn't affect it.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #1963
Tech Master

There is nothing wrong with the jack, you'll have to remove the diode and jumper the PCB where the diode used to be to get it to charge correctly.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #1964
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
There is nothing wrong with the jack, you'll have to remove the diode and jumper the PCB where the diode used to be to get it to charge correctly.
robert..can you PM me your info (email?) thanks dude.

kopropoTech.... any word if there will be a Ko Propo Grand Prix this year? please say you have something in the works!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:50 AM   #1965
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Cool, I see the diode on the side of the board. Is it possible to just run a wire over the diode instead of removing it? Like anything of this value, I'm weary of damaging it.