R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #1771
Tech Adept

Default Helios probs

Hes anyone had a issue where if they use a mini z or fm module they get lots of glitching, however if you use a spektrum module all is well.

On my radio if i try to use my mini z module my car glitches like crazy, but if i plug my module into anohter helios it work perfect. And if i put in my spektrum module my radio works perfect.

it almost seems like there is a problem with the antenna side of thigs, but i also tried swapping out the antenna and it was no help. Any thing else i can try?

thanks
6g72tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #1772
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6g72tt
Hes anyone had a issue where if they use a mini z or fm module they get lots of glitching, however if you use a spektrum module all is well.

On my radio if i try to use my mini z module my car glitches like crazy, but if i plug my module into anohter helios it work perfect. And if i put in my spektrum module my radio works perfect.

it almost seems like there is a problem with the antenna side of thigs, but i also tried swapping out the antenna and it was no help. Any thing else i can try?

thanks

Had this same exact problem.
You need to mail your Helios in..The solder connections inside the radio might be broken and when you install your moduals alot you can mess them up.
Being I live in Southern California, I drove mine to Ko USA and Robert a.k.a. KO Staff fixed it up for me lickity split.
Once he did his magic trick with the soldering iron....It hasn't had an issue since....
Three years and that was my only problem with the radio....And it was my own fault cause you really have to be carefull of those pins sticking out of the radio.
Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:15 PM   #1773
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Had this same exact problem.
You need to mail your Helios in..The solder connections inside the radio might be broken and when you install your moduals alot you can mess them up.
Being I live in Southern California, I drove mine to Ko USA and Robert a.k.a. KO Staff fixed it up for me lickity split.
Once he did his magic trick with the soldering iron....It hasn't had an issue since....
Three years and that was my only problem with the radio....And it was my own fault cause you really have to be carefull of those pins sticking out of the radio.
Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
So it was just a solder connection inside?
6g72tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #1774
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
So it was just a solder connection inside?
Yes but I even with a good soldering Iron and skill, would still send it in to get repaired, Robert re-enforced the connection.
It will be in and out quick if you have to mail it...
Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:09 PM   #1775
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to jtracker Send a message via Yahoo to jtracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtracker
Hello,
I don't know if this question has already been asked but I just bought a used helios EX-10 and when I turn it on and especially scroll through the different things the letters are pretty dim?? Just wondering if something goes bad with them inside or what? Thanks,
Justin
Nevermind on that question. It was just the settings of the brightness on the radio. LOL Thanks,
Justin
jtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:15 AM   #1776
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Bwadd2002
Default JR Z-1 Q!

Just a quick question... not sure if there is a JR Z-1 forum.

I just picked up a JR Z-1 synthesized radio. I want to know if I have to use synthesized receivers or can I used regular 75mhz receivers with xtals, and tune the radio to that frequency?? Thanks let me know...
Bwadd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #1777
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwadd2002
Just a quick question... not sure if there is a JR Z-1 forum.

I just picked up a JR Z-1 synthesized radio. I want to know if I have to use synthesized receivers or can I used regular 75mhz receivers with xtals, and tune the radio to that frequency?? Thanks let me know...
You can use the regular receivers but not sure why you would want to. The whole purpose of synthesized is not using crystals. Is it that you don't want to buy more synthesized receivers?
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #1778
Tech Addict

Default JR

Thanks for the info,

no it's not that i don't wnat to buy anymore synthesized, i just wanted to run a KO 302F in my Mini, its fits alot easier inside the chassis. The JR synth is half an inch longer and wider.

Also do the Spektrum receivers work with this radio?
Old 10-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #1779
Tech Elite

I actually did it the oposite of you and just used a crystal module and synthesized receivers for I did not have a Switch unit for my M8 at the time.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #1780
Tech Elite

Quote:
Also do the Spektrum receivers work with this radio?
Only if you have a Spektrum module in it. Beyond that you would be wasting your money getting any receivers. I run Spektrum in my Helios and love it.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:35 PM   #1781
Tech Addict

Default Receivers

So basically I can get either the R310 synth receiver from JR or run a KR302F KO on 75mhz with a xtal... right...
Old 10-13-2006, 08:09 PM   #1782
Tech Elite

Quote:
So basically I can get either the R310 synth receiver from JR or run a KR302F KO on 75mhz with a xtal... right...
Or you could buy Novak XXtras and run those but since you said you are looking for a small receiver I guess those are out. The 310's are pretty small, but not as small as the new Spektrum receivers.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:21 AM   #1783
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Helios C2...
Attached Thumbnails
KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's-sany0187.jpg  
Old 10-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #1784
Tech Fanatic

Is that an update? What's new?

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:53 PM   #1785
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Quote:

For Mini-Z when running the module, make sure you have the radio set to 2ch mode and you can't run in high speed mode. The little switch in where the module resides needs to be set to normal. I switch back and forward a lot from many classes and have become very frustrated when my Mini-Z would start glitching and going nuts. Finally figured out the module doesn't like the high speed mode.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote