R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2006, 04:50 PM   #1741
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Red-
Advanced HSR - 2 CH High Response (Swithc behind module up)
Super HSR - 3 CH High Response
Normal - Either channel setting Normal response (Switch behind module Down)

Advance HSR - KR-302F Only
Super HSR - KR-302F & KR-301F
Normal - KR-302F, KR-301F & KR-297FZ
Just for my own personal info, this feature only applies if you are use KO receivers, right? I would see no benefit from it with my Spektrum system, correct?
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:07 PM   #1742
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
Just for my own personal info, this feature only applies if you are use KO receivers, right? I would see no benefit from it with my Spektrum system, correct?
Nope, there is a difference. With these settings you are telling the CPU in the transmitter what speed to operate at.

So if you are using spektrum and switch it to a slower response mode, you are getting a slower response mode. The spektrum system can NOT make the system faster then it already is because this is set by the CPU in the Tx.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #1743
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Nope, there is a difference. With these settings you are telling the CPU in the transmitter what speed to operate at.

So if you are using spektrum and switch it to a slower response mode, you are getting a slower response mode. The spektrum system can NOT make the system faster then it already is because this is set by the CPU in the Tx.
So to clarify, if I flip the switch up it will give a faster response then in the down position even if I am running Spektrum? I had been running it in normal mode for I figured it was only for if you ran KO receivers. If that is the case I have had slower response because of the switch being down.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #1744
Tech Regular
 
morosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

KO Staff,

I have a PDS 2364 that has a striped plastic gear below the metal gears.

What KO gear set do I need to order to replace this gear? I can't seem to find it online.

Thanks
scott
__________________
Scott W.
[email protected]
Kyosho - Associated - Checkpoint - Spectrum - Cruzan - Patron
morosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:38 AM   #1745
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morosis
KO Staff,

I have a PDS 2364 that has a striped plastic gear below the metal gears.

What KO gear set do I need to order to replace this gear? I can't seem to find it online.

Thanks
scott
Scott-

The replacement plastic gear is item # 35513. This comes three to a pack.

If you want to replace it with the metal hybrid gear the item # 35522. This has one in a package.

I would also inspect the upper case when replacing the gear. If the hole that holds the gear pin in place is damaged, you will need to replace that also. When checking the pin hole, if the pin wabbles in the upper case you will need to replace it.

-Robert
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:25 PM   #1746
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

I have heard that it is not recommended to use a Lipo in a EX-10, is this ture? If not, which Lipo does Ko Propo recommends?
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:24 AM   #1747
Tech Fanatic
 
Tommy Bergfeldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 979
Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt
Default

I've been using a 3 cell 2100 mah lipo in my Helios for more than a year now and i've had no problem.
__________________
JMI Motorsport / Red Bull Racing
HB Cyclone TC - Schumacher CAT SX & Cougar SV
Advanced Electronics - Autopartner.se - Sav÷x - NorthTQ
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:17 AM   #1748
Tech Regular
 
rays_tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Sorry as I am too lazy and not patient to read through all 12 pages to find my answer so I have a few questions:

1. I want to get a helios but am confused as I see there are different ones .. normal, super hrs, and advance hrs etc maybe more i duno .. what do those mean? are they modes within the radio or modules?

2. Will they matter as I want to go spektrum on the helios anyway, also I've seen some spektrum receivers had little stubs for antenna's where some have the wire still, whats the difference?

I new to the world of top end radio's and need a few pointers, I've looked around and the helios caught my eye the most, so any extra info on it such as pointers on running it with spektrum (I sick of glitching and clashes ) etc would also be helpful.

Thanks guys.
__________________
www.melbRC.org
rays_tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:25 AM   #1749
Tech Elite
 
axle182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 3,784
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182
Default

to make it easy on you, ive owned alot of high end radios, and the helios is by far the best, bar NONE. if going spectrum, its a nice setup, but the spectrum system is not as fast as a helios with KO module and rec. Ive upgraded to the Helios Competition, and absolutely love it. i mainly did it for the bling gold parts, but found out after buying it, its slightly faster than a std helios. Ive had nothing but quality equipment from KO. go get one, read the manual 10 times and you will realise why this is by far the best radio out there. Biased? well i have run with futabas and airtronics, and always come back to KO.
__________________
Aaron "AJ" Freind
axle182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:25 AM   #1750
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rays_tt
Sorry as I am too lazy and not patient to read through all 12 pages to find my answer so I have a few questions:

1. I want to get a helios but am confused as I see there are different ones .. normal, super hrs, and advance hrs etc maybe more i duno .. what do those mean? are they modes within the radio or modules?

2. Will they matter as I want to go spektrum on the helios anyway, also I've seen some spektrum receivers had little stubs for antenna's where some have the wire still, whats the difference?

I new to the world of top end radio's and need a few pointers, I've looked around and the helios caught my eye the most, so any extra info on it such as pointers on running it with spektrum (I sick of glitching and clashes ) etc would also be helpful.

Thanks guys.
1. The HRS and Advanced HRS is used with the 302f receiver and digital servos.
2. No it won't matter if you plan on using Spektrum. I have the Helios and the Spektrum Pro system. The stub is people trimming the larger receiver wire to the minimum 3.6mm that Spektrum requires. The new micro Pro receiver already has the shrunk down wire.

If you are new to the high end radios, Read the last 12 pages, there is alot of info in there. Also read your manual, I know it is huge but it has alot of info. There is so much your able to adjust with the Helios and most of it electric guys don't really use. For nitro there is a few more things that are helpful.
But I found that once you setup your radio for each car I don't really need to fiddle with it....minor changes to EPA and steering input. Thats about it.

Any other questions that you may have there is, this thread for ya.

Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:37 AM   #1751
Tech Regular
 
rays_tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Gotta love rctech quick replies

Ok thats real helpful thanks guys. I just plan on running it with my Pro4 and TT01 .. its more of a "I want a bling and sexy looking radio" thing than anything else

I'm using a KO Mars at the moment and really like the feel and functions of the KO radios.

Sick of the glicting I sometimes get, and the stupid frequency clashes that I've now decided to get spektrum and thought hey might as well get the helios.

I've held and played around with a helios and a 3pk, and prefer the helios more.

So for the helios radios there only the 2 models? the normal standard one and the competiton one right? And its all just cosmetic? all functions still same?

And is the price difference much between the two?


Thanks, I always ask too many questions
__________________
www.melbRC.org
rays_tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:45 AM   #1752
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rays_tt
Gotta love rctech quick replies

Ok thats real helpful thanks guys. I just plan on running it with my Pro4 and TT01 .. its more of a "I want a bling and sexy looking radio" thing than anything else

I'm using a KO Mars at the moment and really like the feel and functions of the KO radios.

Sick of the glicting I sometimes get, and the stupid frequency clashes that I've now decided to get spektrum and thought hey might as well get the helios.

I've held and played around with a helios and a 3pk, and prefer the helios more.

So for the helios radios there only the 2 models? the normal standard one and the competiton one right? And its all just cosmetic? all functions still same?

And is the price difference much between the two?


Thanks, I always ask too many questions
I really don't consider a radio sexy but to each their own....
The Competition is no longer available unless you buy it used. They were a limited run.
You can also buy the Helios without a module since you are planning on buying Spektrum...
Here is a link...https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=KOP88978
Than just make sure you get the newer SPektrum....well worth the added cost..
Here is a link as well...
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=SPM1013


Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #1753
Tech Elite
 
Scottmisfits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,104
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
The stub is people trimming the larger receiver wire to the minimum 3.6mm that Spektrum requires. The new micro Pro receiver already has the shrunk down wire.
Reread your manual for clarification but I beleive it's 2 3/4" that the antenna has to be, not 3.6mm. 3.6mm is about 1/4 of an inch as 25.4mm = 1"
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:08 AM   #1754
Tech Regular
 
rays_tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

wheres the cheapest place online to get the helios tx only, i've seen a few in mushroom, shopatron etc, but there must be one that beats the rest?
__________________
www.melbRC.org
rays_tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:27 AM   #1755
Tech Master
 
Rob Phillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis / VA
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I think Homer has them for $175 Tx only. He also has the spektrum pro kit, it's like $150. Go to Tiltyard Backtalk and ask in the community forum under forsale thread or go to Bmainhobbies.com and send him an email. Super cool guy and great prices, I pretty sure he will ship overseas, but be sure to mention that when you contact him. Tell'm I sent ya! Later
__________________
Team Durango | TrakPower | DE Racing | Futaba | Restricted Paint Worx

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ko propo helios alexisonfire Australia For Sale/Trade 7 03-06-2008 04:19 AM
KO PROPO EX-10 Helios 40 Mhz jca2000au Australia For Sale/Trade 0 12-06-2007 09:03 PM
**EX-10 HELIOS KO PROPO*** nsupra R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 08-14-2006 09:11 PM
Ko Propo Ex-10 Helios hurley081182 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 04-03-2005 07:58 PM
F.S.> KO Propo Helios... plus Bwadd2002 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 05-19-2004 09:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:22 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net