R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/30790-ko-propo-ex-10-helios-qs.html)

littledog 05-26-2004 03:12 PM

Originally posted by webspinner
Andy, email KO.

Proud,I did not feel like waiting the week it takes them t email you back.I figured someone in here knows or has heard of someone who might know answer.

KO PROPO Staff 05-26-2004 03:24 PM

Originally posted by littledog
Proud,I did not feel like waiting the week it takes them t email you back.I figured someone in here knows or has heard of someone who might know answer.
Our email is usually a one day turn around (weekdays), company policy. You can not use the Mars series modules in the Helios. The modules are not as strong as the Helios module and can cause your car to lose range and control.

littledog 05-26-2004 07:37 PM

litespeed-dom 05-27-2004 12:25 AM

Not sure if this is a known fact already.... Just got my replacement Type 2000R in the mail today, I used theType 2000R with the 302 receiver and it works fine on the bench, (I somehow thought this combo isn't possible). On the other hand, as expected I can use the Helios with 297 receiver, but have to switch the mode to "N" behind the module.

The Type 2000R is for my girlfriend to race her sedan, now we have HIS and HERS KO gold radio.....kinda digusting! :lol:

TC3 05-27-2004 01:16 AM

Originally posted by TC3
does the futaba 9550 servo worke with the helios in Advanced HSR 2channel mode ?
:o :cry: answer plz

theisgroup 05-27-2004 06:09 AM

hey guys, what parts do i need to get the helios to talk to my laptop. I just pick a helios up and want to order the cable for it.

TIA

ngo8 05-27-2004 10:06 AM

tc3 offcourse it will any didgital servo will work with advance hsr .

litespeed-dom 05-27-2004 10:16 AM

Originally posted by theisgroup
hey guys, what parts do i need to get the helios to talk to my laptop. I just pick a helios up and want to order the cable for it.

TIA

http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro....1053.56.0.0.0

Titan 07-04-2004 06:29 PM

Using analog servos

Hi Guys,

Would like to ask if the standard analog servos will work fine with the helios. I'll be using them while I save for the digital servos. A couple of people have mentioned that they will just burn the standard servos, is this a fact?

I just bought a speedmind carbon look Helios soft case. Will it fit the Helios mounted with the steering extension? I'm still waiting for my Helios to be delivered and I bought the bag just in case...

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Titan

=MisFitz= NuKe 07-04-2004 07:04 PM

Yes, dont worry about the Analog servos, I used to use them in my 1/8th scale gas car on the throttle. Altough, per the instructions in the manual, you will see that you have to flip a switch on the radio, located behind the module, and you will have to change the mode within the radio's software. But the instructions go into more detail. I just dont have that section memorized yet:lol: :lol: .
-Mike Patterson

KO PROPO Staff 07-06-2004 11:01 AM

Re: Using analog servos

Originally posted by Titan
Hi Guys,

Would like to ask if the standard analog servos will work fine with the helios. I'll be using them while I save for the digital servos. A couple of people have mentioned that they will just burn the standard servos, is this a fact?

I just bought a speedmind carbon look Helios soft case. Will it fit the Helios mounted with the steering extension? I'm still waiting for my Helios to be delivered and I bought the bag just in case...

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Titan

Titan,
You can use analog servo with the Helios, but only in Super HSR (High response 3CH mode) or Normal mode (switch behind the module). You CAN NOT use analog servos in the Advanced HSR (High response 2CH mode).

TC3 07-06-2004 12:13 PM

Originally posted by ngo8
tc3 offcourse it will any didgital servo will work with advance hsr .
thx m8 :)

wothrottle 07-06-2004 12:42 PM

letīs see some custom alarm tones,the new ko site has only the downloadable versions,but I need the numbers to manually type in.some sheet music would also be fine:Fall Guy,Dukes of Hazzard,A-Team,something like that would be great:D :nod:

Titan 07-13-2004 04:32 PM

--

Hi Guys,

I just got my Helios a few days ago... and was setting the ABS and TH Acceleration. I noticed when I activated the red lights started blinking, even after and when I turn on my radio. Is this normal? I was thinking the lights would blink when I am using the brakes or throttle.. The lights are pretty alarming, like a bomb!

litespeed-dom 07-13-2004 04:34 PM

Yup, it is normal. Whenever you have one of those features "activiated" the corresponding lights will blink.

Dom