R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #1546
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

Same. Hold the + and - to reset the time, usually after a fresh charge.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #1547
Tech Adept

This question is off the subject but here goes. What is the delta on the KO BX-213 charger and is it still good to charge GP 3800 batts?
If not is there an upgrade or new software?
ae4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:12 PM   #1548
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae4ever
This question is off the subject but here goes. What is the delta on the KO BX-213 charger and is it still good to charge GP 3800 batts?
If not is there an upgrade or new software?
Please start a separate thread with your off-the-subject question. Thanks.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:31 AM   #1549
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Is there anyway to adjust the trigger tesnion (spring rate) of the Helios as I like a firmer feel to the trigger and find that the standard setup is too soft.
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:53 AM   #1550
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

KO PROPO Staff Robert,
Sorry to step in on someone else info.

My pds-2364 is acting up again. I sent it once to get fixed 01-12-2005, it worked great till about 2 months a go.

I broke other plastic gear so I replaced it. Well some time after that the servo would act like it had a glitch when it was on the starter box. it never did this before. Well once it was off the box and on the track it would stop.

But if I was turned over it would do that glitching thing again.
So, I said let me try other servo. So I put in a old Air. 359 servo and no glitching at all. What could be wrong sir? I love the KO PROPO servo’s, but for some reason my pds 2364 servo seem to have a brain of it’s own. THIS WILL BE MY 2ND TIME SENDING IT IN FOR REPAIR. Could I have got a lemon?

My 2363 works like a clock all day every day.

Also a friend of mine gave me one of your Metal Brass gear for the 2364 if I send it in with the servo are you going to charge me to put it in?

I hope somehow we can get this problem fixed.
What is your address to send it to get repaired?

Thank you for your time
James

Side note: how will cost get my Helio's Cleaned and a new radio case, so it can be all fresh and clean for this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
First, like you said you have no desire to use 27MHz so it doesn't make it an option. Those that are really "in-tune" with feeling of the car will notice a difference in the response.

1. You can still can go positive or negative on the expo of the steering/throttle regarless of the version you choose.

2. You can still slow down the movement of the steering/throttle from center in either version.

All the features are the same in both radios.
-Robert
Motorman007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #1551
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo
it's operating time of the radio, you can reset it. The only use of it to me is to know how long your battery will last

Thanks, the time was confusing me. I couldn't get the lap timer to work at first. Now I realize holding the +/- resets things. Man this radio is the coolest I have ever had. I really LOVE the steering adjustability. Negative expo is my new best friend. I ran two packs thru it last night at different settings. From -12% to -100%. I felt that I was going fast at -100 but my lines were very wide. I'll probably settle at -30% or so. The resolution and speed seem to be way better than my JR XR3. Thanks KO.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #1552
Tech Master

Motorman-
If you broke the plastic gear, most likely you damaged the upper case inside as well. YGM.
-Robert
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #1553
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbarron
...... Man this radio is the coolest I have ever had....... Thanks KO.

I second that
i own KO EX1-Precious before I switched to KO EX1-Mars until I stopped racing in 2000 or 2001 can't remember exactly. came back to the scene last year and bought an M8 and I regret to pick it over Helios (cos M8 is cheaper), not long after that M11 came out people was busy with their M11 and said that it's HEAVY. not long after that, sold my M8 and get back to KO, now I use the competition version with LiPo batt, very light
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:38 PM   #1554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

so every time i break a gear the top case goes bad?

so what you are saying is that the motor and gears are off track which cause it glitch like it dones?

i have other case i will see it goes a way.

well would it be even worse if i run the metal gear and not the plastic gear right?

the upper case would just break and not the gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Motorman-
If you broke the plastic gear, most likely you damaged the upper case inside as well. YGM.
-Robert
Motorman007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:41 PM   #1555
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman007
so every time i break a gear the top case goes bad?

so what you are saying is that the motor and gears are off track which cause it glitch like it dones?

i have other case i will see it goes a way.

well would it be even worse if i run the metal gear and not the plastic gear right?

the upper case would just break and not the gear.

i think what robert meant was when the gear breaks,tiny little pieces of the gear might be on the top case where the shaft output(where u put ur servo horn) sticks out.so it might sometimes be stuck.good luck
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:55 PM   #1556
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi everybody will you guy's tell me where can I get a good NiMh rechargeable battery and good price too,and the neck strap.Thank you to all
jimlazaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #1557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
from what i remember.. the Competition Version of the helios has the following thats different from the regular helios:
- lightweight gold screws all around
- drop down extension
- faster response/more powerful module

ill let robert fill in the blanks.
Hebiki, i recently bought the comp Helios, and love it. I was wondering what other brand recievers will work with the Comp Helios? The helios rec's are really expensive and id like a cheaper alternative if possible, so i can use the helios on other cars without changing out the rec. Also what other brand Crystals work in the helios? I love the radio, i bought it new with the spektrum system, but ive since returned the spektrum as i had a number of problems with it (and it was my second setup, my first one was awesome )
Old 01-18-2006, 07:58 AM   #1558
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Iīm using my old Futaba R103 and R123 receivers no problem. You canīt using the highspeed mods then but that doesnīt matter to me. Regarding crystals I just know the German brand Multiplex is working very good also and at least for receivers the Futaba crystals also are working. For the transmitter I didnīt try the Futaba so canīt say anything on this.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:34 AM   #1559
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I have a question regarding 75mHz 302f RX. I've been trying to order one for a customer at the LHS I work at and for some reason Horizon stopped carrying any 302F on 75mHz and only have the two on 27mHz. Are you guys coming out with something new or is Horizon just being difficult now? Any way my LHS can order direct from Ko Propo USA?
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #1560
Tech Master

Nismo-
We still carry the KR-302F and KR-301F in 75MHz. Horizon must not be ordering it. I'm sure LHS can order it from them. Or have them call us, we stock them.
-Robert
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote