R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-26-2005, 04:35 PM   #1531
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have bought a KO ex-10 over the summer and it came with channel 9 crystals (21:175 MHz) I was told that this is a half crystal and it's really channel 4 1/2. If that is the case does it have a color like brown, yellow, red....ect like the rest of 27 MHz or is it on it's own. Also, I am looking to get spare 9 crystals or even another channel and I am having trouble finding them. If someone could help me out that would be great. Thanks!

-Monti-
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #1532
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

anyone?
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:49 PM   #1533
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monti
anyone?
Monti: 7 has no color designation, the odd channels are commonly referred to as splits in this country, and I'm not entirely sure the FCC has authorized their use for us. Robert will probably be the only one who can tell you if they can be purchased over here, and he may be on vacation for the Holidays, or at a race. Those are the only two reasons he doesn't usually answer. try giving KO USA a call. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Ian
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:32 PM   #1534
Tech Master

I'm here just super swamped at the moment.

The split channels (odd numbered) are reserved for CB use (but not really used that much anymore) in the USA and there are no colors assigned to them. Sorry for the delay.

-Robert
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:40 PM   #1535
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
Does any one have a link for better looking wheels for the Helios...im about to order myn from KO and would love to have a cool wheel
KO Sells an adaptor which allows you to use a standard sedan wheel (hex adaptor)

Basically, I got an aluminum sedan rim (HG brand) milled to 24mm wide, mounted a 1/10th fuel on-road front foam tire (30-shore), tured it down to about 62mm.

The new steering wheel is oversized which helps minimize cramping during 30+ minute mains and looks sweet...Robert actually got a chance to see my creation at the toys for tots race in CA.

For extra blink...I added a pro-line brake disk inside the rim....

I'll see if I can take some photos tonight....hope this gives you some ideas
Old 01-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #1536
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

question for the KO gods.

what is the difference between steering travel and the et-4 button default which is labeled travel. I just got the PC interface and downloaded my setup and found 2 settings. on for travel and one for steering travel.

TIA

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #1537
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup
question for the KO gods.

what is the difference between steering travel and the et-4 button default which is labeled travel. I just got the PC interface and downloaded my setup and found 2 settings. on for travel and one for steering travel.

TIA
the "steering travel" allows you to set the maximum amount of travel possible.

the et-4 button is the percentage that you want to use from the "steering travel" that you have set.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #1538
Tech Elite

thanks. i knew you would know the answer. should have called, but the forum was easier.

yang

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 01-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #1539
Tech Elite

another question for you KO staff.

Is there anythigng that can be done with a bad crystal set? I have a set of crystals that if you turn the wheel to the right, the car accelerates. I have a keyence esc on the 2nd channel and with full right it put the keyence at 30%. but right does not do that. I replace everything in the car and finally replace the crystal and that is what fixed it.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #1540
Tech Master

crystals can not be repaired, sorry.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #1541
Tech Adept

KO Staff- I just ordered a Helios and was debating the need for the Competition version. I did not get the comp version but I am wondering if I should have. What is the difference in feel between the two processors?

1. More linear- I bought the Helios to add expo to the steering.

2. Fatser at center- I am hoping the Helios will allow me to slow steering just off center.

My radio now is limited, JR XR3. Also, I have no desire to be on 27mhz. So the comp version isn't really an option. But, is the super module a big improvement or something that very few racers will notice? The gold is ummm, not important.

BTW, I just got a VFS 1 Pro and a 949 ( my first KO stuff in 14 yrs ) and I am SO impressed! Looking forward to the transmitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Novarossi-

Japan has told me that it is a limited production. Once they decide to stop making them, that will be it. Most likely, the Helios will be released with the super module.

EX-10 Helios Comp includes
-Super Module (Faster response at center, more linear, CPU driven with built in heatsink)
-Gold screws
-Gold steering wheel
-Multi Angle wheel extension.
beerbarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #1542
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbarron
KO Staff- I just ordered a Helios and was debating the need for the Competition version. I did not get the comp version but I am wondering if I should have. What is the difference in feel between the two processors?

1. More linear- I bought the Helios to add expo to the steering.

2. Fatser at center- I am hoping the Helios will allow me to slow steering just off center.

My radio now is limited, JR XR3. Also, I have no desire to be on 27mhz. So the comp version isn't really an option. But, is the super module a big improvement or something that very few racers will notice? The gold is ummm, not important.

BTW, I just got a VFS 1 Pro and a 949 ( my first KO stuff in 14 yrs ) and I am SO impressed! Looking forward to the transmitter.
First, like you said you have no desire to use 27MHz so it doesn't make it an option. Those that are really "in-tune" with feeling of the car will notice a difference in the response.

1. You can still can go positive or negative on the expo of the steering/throttle regarless of the version you choose.

2. You can still slow down the movement of the steering/throttle from center in either version.

All the features are the same in both radios.
-Robert
Old 01-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #1543
Tech Adept

Thank you KO guy.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #1544
Tech Adept

I have my radio now and I am enjoying it. Can someone tell me what the OPT represents. The time ( I assume its time) is counting up. Is this time on the radio?
Old 01-09-2006, 09:41 PM   #1545
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbarron
I have my radio now and I am enjoying it. Can someone tell me what the OPT represents. The time ( I assume its time) is counting up. Is this time on the radio?
it's operating time of the radio, you can reset it. The only use of it to me is to know how long your battery will last
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote