R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #16
Tech Master
 
hound_dogs_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

So it looks like the tekin rs pro + hotwire is the way to go...

Now will the tekin run with anyones motors? like lrp, or speed passion motor? or should i just buy the tekin rs pro combo?

I know novak esc's DO NOT like using other manufacturers motors...

So no one can tell me much about that ko propo unit... looks like the tekin is the way to go...

Why is the ESC w/ no motor limit $40 more expensive than one with no motor limit? if i buy the one with a 5T motor limit can it be changed over to the one w/ no motor limit?


Alex
hound_dogs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 29
Default

The RS Pro has an extra PC Board with an extra layer of FETs? to handle the extra power. It is about 1/4" taller than the RS.

I have both the RS and the RS Pro. I think the RS is all that most people need unless you really want to run a superfast mod motor. Where I live, it is difficult to find anyone racing anything but stock motors (17.5).

Andy
agholub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #18
Tech Master
 
hound_dogs_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

OK thanks for that info... Ill just go with the rs I suppose... I wont be going below 10.5 I dont think ever....

Alex
hound_dogs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #19
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01 View Post
So it looks like the tekin rs pro + hotwire is the way to go...

Now will the tekin run with anyones motors? like lrp, or speed passion motor? or should i just buy the tekin rs pro combo?

I know novak esc's DO NOT like using other manufacturers motors...

So no one can tell me much about that ko propo unit... looks like the tekin is the way to go...

Why is the ESC w/ no motor limit $40 more expensive than one with no motor limit? if i buy the one with a 5T motor limit can it be changed over to the one w/ no motor limit?


Alex
You can run any motor. sensor or sensored. I have ran Trinity duo's, novak's, and orion excelerons on both my rs and pro. I also noticed no difference between the rs and pro, not even temp. With 17.5 I don't ever see more than 1 led light up indicating the temp.

Why is the pro $40 more? Because technically speaking it is better. It has lower internal resistance, it should run cooler, and it handles lower turn motors. But as said, save the $40 and use it to buy your hot wire. It is a must, IMO.

And if you have not looked already, go to the Tekin rs thread. You will see their support shine in that thread.

and...one more thing. Something I learned in that thread is that Tekin sends guys out to the big races to "help" with that they can. Randy was at the reedy race and he is at the norther cal off road champs as we speak.

what more could you ask for?

--pakk
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #20
Tech Master
 
hound_dogs_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Im thinking about buying the RS/17.5 or 13.5 como... I kinda need a car to put it in first...


you guys thin the JR DS 8711 is too much servo for a xray touring car? I baught it for my 8T-E but im selling it to get a touring car..

here are the specs

DS8711 Ultra Torque Servo Specs

Size Category: Standard
Type: Digital
Application: Ultra torque
Torque: 347 oz/in @ 4.8V, 403 oz/in @ 6V
Speed: .19 sec/60 @ 4.8V, .15 sec/60 @ 6V
Dimensions (WxLxH): .82 x 1.58 x 1.56 in
Weight: 2.36 oz
Bushing Or Bearing: Bearing
Gear Type: Metal
Gear Material: Metal Alloy


Alex
hound_dogs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #21
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01 View Post
Im thinking about buying the RS/17.5 or 13.5 como... I kinda need a car to put it in first...


you guys thin the JR DS 8711 is too much servo for a xray touring car? I baught it for my 8T-E but im selling it to get a touring car..

here are the specs

DS8711 Ultra Torque Servo Specs

Size Category: Standard
Type: Digital
Application: Ultra torque
Torque: 347 oz/in @ 4.8V, 403 oz/in @ 6V
Speed: .19 sec/60 @ 4.8V, .15 sec/60 @ 6V
Dimensions (WxLxH): .82 x 1.58 x 1.56 in
Weight: 2.36 oz
Bushing Or Bearing: Bearing
Gear Type: Metal
Gear Material: Metal Alloy


Alex
That's an offroad servo. You don't want that. Get a futaba s9551. It is my personal favorite.

You need a car too? You got a budget? What else you need?

--pakk
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #22
Tech Master
 
hound_dogs_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I need everything but lipos, charger, balancer, and rx/tx lol

I was trying to sell off the 8T before i started on the TC... Less than $1000 lol

Alex
hound_dogs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Ok this is what you want.

Photon

Tekin Rs combo


Hotwire


s9551

r9-r (I don't like mazdas)

SJ-R-36

Did I forget anything?

--pakk
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #24
Tech Master
 
hound_dogs_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Im running indoor carpet on rubber.... Im looking at either a Xray T2R or the AE TC5R...

this servo: http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=2662

this tekin system: http://cgi.ebay.com/Tekin-TEKTT2151-...3286.m20.l1116



Alex
hound_dogs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #25
Tech Master
 
hound_dogs_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Usually i dont buy car kits if my hobby shop doesnt carry parts there... Know what i mean? Not to throw out your advice or anything...

Alex
hound_dogs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #26
Tech Master
 
hound_dogs_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

this is my #1 choice so far... http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=2443

Alex
hound_dogs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #27
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

You are 100% there. I try to buy from my LHS as much as I can. My LHS happens to carry all of that except for the servo. I forget the part number, but KO makes a low profile servo very similar to the one you listed but closer to the futaba. It is just a lot more expensive. The KO you listed should do fine, but I can't comment from experience on that one. The KO I do have, runs great.

--pakk
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #28
Tech Master
 
hound_dogs_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakk View Post
You are 100% there. I try to buy from my LHS as much as I can. My LHS happens to carry all of that except for the servo. I forget the part number, but KO makes a low profile servo very similar to the one you listed but closer to the futaba. It is just a lot more expensive. The KO you listed should do fine, but I can't comment from experience on that one. The KO I do have, runs great.

--pakk
Theres a few guys at the track running these ko's and absolutely love them... they say its the best servo out for the money...

I may run the DNA body IDK yet...

Alex
hound_dogs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #29
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: La Mirada, CA
Posts: 1,041
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guys,
I'm thinking of picking a new speedo myself, one that can advance the timing on the straights. I like what everyone says about the Tekin, but I keep seeing threads here and there where people complain about weak brakes. Can anyone shed some light on this? Does it only happen with a particular motor? Is Tekin addressing this? The RS looks mighty tempting right now.

Thanks,
JV
ittjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #30
Tech Master
 
hound_dogs_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I havent read much about the weak brakes.. can you post a link as to where you read that?

Alex
hound_dogs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10th 4wd buggy which one? vwjuice Electric Off-Road 83 08-26-2009 12:24 AM
Indoor Dirt Racing @ RC Performance in Madison squirrel Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 4856 05-11-2008 06:25 PM
B4 RTR vs B4 vs Factory Team B4 simmracing Rookie Zone 8 10-18-2005 01:45 AM
BEWARE OF ULTIMATE HOBBIES minidriver Electric On-Road 38 06-15-2005 01:47 PM
esc' which one?? murfy Australian Racing 15 03-02-2004 03:59 AM
Need help with micro setup microdude Electric On-Road 12 02-29-2004 08:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net