Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When Will Novak Bring out new ESC ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default When Will Novak Bring out new ESC ??

Hi guys just wondering when Novak will bring out a new ESC Like LRP,Tekin,Speed passion and so on ??

Anybody got any ideas??
Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anybody got any ideas
Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

People have been asking this question for a few years now. I think this was one of the latest threads:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ned-novak.html
Old 07-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

they will because everyone knows that to keep in the game they will need a new esc. they released the ballistic mod motor series and are probably working on a new series of ss motors or an esc.
only time will tell.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by not home
they will because everyone knows that to keep in the game they will need a new esc. they released the ballistic mod motor series and are probably working on a new series of ss motors or an esc.
only time will tell.
You would think that, as it sounds "logical". You would even think that you would have Novak on here "teasing" us about an up and coming new ESC, but they aren't.

Hell, what do I know, I'm not in marketing. I can tell you for certain that if Novak was my company, I would be informing people of up and coming stuff, at least 6-12 months ahead of time. This would build up the product, and might keep someone that is thinking of purchasing a new ESC, to just wait a little longer.

What happened to companies wanting to build brand loyalty? This is the only true path to a company's long-term survival.

In my eyes, while Novak may have some good products, their refusal to change a few things with their products, and slowness to replace aging products, has put them at the bottom of my list. Two immediate and well-known issues are the motor sensor wire on the SS motors being hard-wired, and the clear fan on the GTB breaking very easily.

Novak - Don't leave us "non-oval" racers out in the cold. I gave Novak 15-years of loyalty until the GTB problems and features fell behind.

Come on Novak, say something, do something... The world is listening. :nod
Old 07-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Ask this guy: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...weiss-462.html

He's the go to man for Novak.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

There is no doubt Novak is losing market share. They used to be the best in the ESC business back in the brushed days and I had quite a few of them. Currently, Castle and Tekin are doing a great job in the brushless business.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

With the pace Tekin, SP, and LRP are going, Novak probbably come up with a development prototype, and then see one of the others releasing it the next week!
I used to think Novak were the ducks nuts, but now i'm a Tekin man. THey are so much more progressive
Old 07-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Was a Novak fan previously...Can't beat their customer service. Top Notch...

Had a Novak tempest, GT4, GTX, GTB....etc...

NOW, a LRP SXX..!! Can't blame me...
Old 07-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i also used to love novak but 2 esc blew up on my so now im a tekin and speed passions guy
Old 07-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i have heard that they do have "something in the works" and why not people should understand that they will have something. they are very smart to wait to come out with something only after others release their stuff. i have heard that the new stuff will have a thing that will prevent people from cutting the blue wire. the motor wont run and the system wont work. but this is just what i have heard. if thats the case then kudos to them. its just a way to prevent people from cookin their stuff. and givin novak a bad name bcause some dumb ass cut the blue wire. i have heard that this fall they may have something and that right now they are doing alot of r&d. unless you are a marketing genius then shut up. they have been in business a lot longer then some of you are old. they will prevail.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
and the clear fan on the GTB breaking very easily.
I enjoyed the GTB even though it was bigger than some of the other esc's around. I liked the look and it was reliable. It did what I wanted it to, but with so other speed controls advancing the timing at high RPM, I just cant replace it with another GTB when the Tekin RS is similar in price.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't care what features it's got, if it's not a lot smaller than the GTB, it'll be DOA. They'll always have oval I guess.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The previous "next novak Brushless ESC" thread from last week had a nice photo of their prototype ESC w/ ballistic motor installed in some nice blingy orange alloy car. Do a quick search to see. From memory, it didn't look smaller than the GTB...

Then again, it did look like the Havok ESC...
Old 07-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 94eg!
The previous "next novak Brushless ESC" thread from last week had a nice photo of their prototype ESC w/ ballistic motor installed in some nice blingy orange alloy car. Do a quick search to see. From memory, it didn't look smaller than the GTB...

Then again, it did look like the Havok ESC...
That was Steve Weiss's car from when he was at the Reedy race. Steve has always had something interesting in his cars since he is part of R&D for Novak. The blingy orange car was an Xray 009.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.