R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default What to get

We are going to start racing parking lot at my lhs and it is going to be a 50x80 area and like a touring or a oval just want some input on what to get and what is going to be the most fun to run.
mattcoolgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcoolgame View Post
We are going to start racing parking lot at my lhs and it is going to be a 50x80 area and like a touring or a oval just want some input on what to get and what is going to be the most fun to run.
touring or oval will make all the difference. Also, what are you looking to spend. I have a tc4 and a jrxs type r on the way. Both I didnt spend too much on and both have the possility to run pretty good.
Ride1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Questions??

Is the track being built for touring or oval racing? Either way, look forward to spending some CASH.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Well the track is going to have a touring and then we will change it when we are going to run oval. Don't really have a money limit as of now but Just kind of wondering wat do you guys think is the most fun class to run in and wat is going to be the easiest to run in.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

While I like oval racers, the touring car will help you more. It will give you an advantage in my opinion with it's adjustability and durability. It also never hurts to have the awd either. It's really up to you, which do you like better? Are you about all out speed or control? I'm more of a control guy so I tend to stick to touring, but occassionally will do a speed run or two.
Need belts or parts? I can help.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
jhwnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

I think going fast is good for me but I love the technical stuff about racing so you can win in the corners and not the straightaway. So I think something like a touring or just getting into both would be good so what companys or cars are good out there.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's so competitive and everyone makes good stuff for the most part but I run losi, hpi, and occassionally a tamiya. the losi is my favorite. I still here great things about used XXX-s cars. I have an old Street and Rally Weapon, but parts are always an issue. Team Associated TC3, TC4 both have lots of support.
Need belts or parts? I can help.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
jhwnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Look at Associated TC5R and X-ray 009 Eu rubber edition. These probably the two best onroad cars for racing asphalt out there. The TC5R is cheaper along with parts and is easier to get parts from LHS usually. The X-ray is more expensive along with parts and usually parts are harder to find from lhs. There are other onroad cars out there but these are the two ones you will see the most at tracks.
RSTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
Tech Rookie

so would like the hpi e10 or one of their flux version be competative and wat would you guys suggest as far as pan cars. I am not even sure who all makes pan cars.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcoolgame View Post
so would like the hpi e10 or one of their flux version be competative and wat would you guys suggest as far as pan cars. I am not even sure who all makes pan cars.
Lot's of pancars out there. Assc, CRC, MLP, and others. none of them are bad and all of them will fly with just a stock motor. As usual look at what everyone else is running and the support at the local hobbyshops. Then tell them what a bunch of losers they are then get an F1 and put the smack on them!
Just kidding, get what you like and spend as little as you can get away with just to have fun with the gang. Remember, a bad driver in a good car will not keep up with a good driver in a bad car...go get'em!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this is just me saying what i think. they will give me sh#$% about it. but i say get a cyclone 2 chassis and what every body you wont to put on it unless your running in a class. As for set up i would go med soft all the way around and play around with the oil w in the shocks. As for motor and esc i would get a brush/brushless esc, but make shear it can run a 6000kv brushless that should be more power then you need just starting out. i know most brush/ brushless esc you can run any brushed motor you wont but there is a limit on the brushless.With you just starting out i would say, that would be the best esc to get as for brand well that is up to you.As for radio and servos well im in the dark on that one. I all ways buy rtr cars and just change the esc and motor on the elc side of things.

as for battery's well that up to you, if you dont know the more mah the batttery has. you get a bit more power and the longer run time as well.
duratrax evader ext 6600kv motor, eZrun 60A SL ESC
vintage traxxas hawk 11t custom motor, 30A blaster ESC
shinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

run RCGT or VTA...that way you wont loose out if you decide to run full TC..and as far as oval..we used to run TC oval...a couple of changes and you can turn your TC into an Oval TC...save some $$$$$ till everyone is all for the same classes...

FYI..limit your classes..it helps with turn-outs as well as keeping new ppl from getting upset cause only 3 ppl showed to run mod TC..exp only..good luck
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote