R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2004, 02:02 PM   #46
Tech Adept

I used to race at a track where every weekend was the World Championships. You will always have some drivers who feel they need to race at that level every week. I have found that racing for fun is just as exciting, cheaper and has much less stress on my nerves.

If a racer wants to outspend me, that is fine. If you have to treat normal weekend racing that seriously, go for it. I am having as much fun as anybody, and spending less than most. If the only way to beat me is to outspend me, did you really beat me?

In my 14 years of racing, I have NEVER been beaten because another driver had better tires. When I honestly look back at the races, I can see the mistakes I made or that the other driver was better than me. That isn't to say that their equipment wasn't a factor in their win, it just wasn't the only reason for it.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:08 PM   #47
Tech Adept

AdrianM:

I don't want to say bad things about the other racers at your track since I don't know them, but I am very surprised they can't outrun you. I have never seen a situation on carpet where rubber could ever be faster.

If they are all chunking tires left and right, that means they are hitting walls and other cars. If you can run clean laps, that may explain why you are winning.

What part of the country are you in? I can't say I've heard of many carpet tracks running any rubber.

Paragon absolutely works on foam tires. I believe that was it's intended purpose. Many racers swear by it and won't use anything else.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:28 PM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm the same way. I want no hassel racing and thats whey I run Rubber on asphalt...lol! Sorex 36R's or TakeOff CS27GL's with a little Paragon will run fast for a couple of weeks.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:38 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

most out door tracks or asphalt tracks in socal run on rubber
tire. i haven't heard of a non carpet race where they allow foams
for electric tc.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:49 PM   #50
Tech Elite

O kay, now I feel a bit more educated and I feel a bit like experimenting. What shore might be good for asphault and what size is legal?
edseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:10 AM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

we had Surikan come over to Australia for the winterchamps, the modified class was rubber only, Surikan won beating all our top drivers, he had heaps more punch out of corners and more top end speed from his batteries.

At the Australian National Titles the guy who won it set a faster laptime(on foams) than what surikan had set at the winterchamps. the nationals was alot hotter than what it was at the winterchamps.
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:18 AM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

After racing foams on carpet and asphalt, I'd like to try a set of rubbers to really see if I could tell a difference. If they do last like you say they do it would be nice not having to tweak the ride height every run, true the tires and generally just not mess with tires.

One disadvantage to rubber tires. You have to glue the things...I hate gluing tires.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:22 PM   #53
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Warning...Shameless plug of product we sell.

Take Off CS27GL tires are a 4pack of tired glued to dish rims. They have been used as the spec tire for the following races:

2001 ROAR Carpet Nats
2002, 2003,2004 Florida State Series
2003,2003,2004 SE US Tri State Series
2002 Reedy Sedan Race in US and England
2003 Reedy Sedan Race in US and England (99% sure will be used in 2004 too)
2003 ROAR On Road Nats (will be used in 2004 too)
2004 On Road Electric Pre-Worlds (Worlds tires are selected by vote but the CS27GL is the front runner)

They are fast, they last a long time, all you have to do is pull therm out of the bag and they sell for $34.99 per 4pk.

They are also avaialbe in CS22GL (Cooler weather/night races) and CS32GL (Hotter than 150deg F Tracks)
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote