Wiki Posts
Search

Single Cell ESC Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Single Cell ESC Help

HI all. Will an older gtb work with a single cell? I have it all hooked up with a rec pack, and it works, but it has a weird dead spot as you slowly give it throttle, and the brakes don't work consistently. If you just grab full throttle and then go to full brake, it works every time. but if you try to apply throttle slowly it acts up. I've read all the manuals and have the radio set properly, I've redone the esc set up 3 times, I've tried 2 different motors. I know the esc is fine, It works perfect on 2 cells. What esc are you guys using? Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 06-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What type of reciever pack are you using, how many cells, and how is it hooked up?
Old 06-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

It's a 2 cell lipo with a regulator. Just pluged it into the battery slot in the reciever. I've actually tried it with the rec pack, and with bec, and it acts exactly the same.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Have you tried using the pack without a regulator or bec?
Old 06-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

no, I was told it would be to much voltage and burn up the servo?? Can you put 7.4 volts to an old spectrum rec?
Old 06-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

I just got finished getting everything hooked up in my Gen-X. I am using a 4cell GTB with a 13.5, sr300 spektrum receiver, JR 3650 servo, smc 1s lipo, and receiver powered by a 150mah 2s micro t lipo. Everything works beautifully, and dont seem to have any dead spots. Try resetting the speed control, and check that your throttle is set to linear. Hope that works, otherwise hopefully someone can add to this.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myrxseven
I just got finished getting everything hooked up in my Gen-X. I am using a 4cell GTB with a 13.5, sr300 spektrum receiver, JR 3650 servo, smc 1s lipo, and receiver powered by a 150mah 2s micro t lipo. Everything works beautifully, and dont seem to have any dead spots. Try resetting the speed control, and check that your throttle is set to linear. Hope that works, otherwise hopefully someone can add to this.
Hi, I was planning on using the micro t lipo to power my receiver. Did you happen to use a regulator with yours? I have been told I need one, and I have also been told I don't. I would prefer not, as I don't want to complicate the wiring anymore than I have to and it looks more tidy without. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Heres what I did-

Made an adapter from the receiver to a mini deans, and the 150mah 2s lipo fits directly under the servo. The posotive wire hanging loose was removed from the esc plug, so you still have function of your esc switch.