Community
Wiki Posts
Search

newb eletric racer

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default newb eletric racer

i've been into nitro for a while now and i've decided to go to electric t/c racing........i'm just looking for info on some basic items i need to get........mainly chargers and batteries.......after reading quite a few treads on here i quickly relized my timer charger is not going to work for racing........i used that for bashing my old elec kyosho truck around and chargeing ez-start packs......i'm only going to be in the sportman class for now so i don't want to pay alot but just enough so i can be competive......i can alway upgrade when i move up in class........any advice would be great
Old 01-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Go to your local club and see what classes they run.

Make sure you get a NiMH-safe peak charger to replace that timed one. A high-end adjustable charger lets you optimise the charge for different cells.

Get branded cells (Sanyo or GP), and enough packs so that you can run a race meeting without having to recharge batteries that are still warm from the previous run (normally 2 or 3 packs minimum required).