R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-03-2001, 11:53 PM   #31
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to blue 3:16 Send a message via AIM to blue 3:16

prelude 19: Yup, Pro2 hop-ups can be fitted on the Sport2. Too bad that HPI website is currently down, u can look at the hop-ups and tips they offer for all of their cars. Regarding spur and pinion combos, a simple rule to follow is use a 93teeth (48pitch) spur gear then add 12 to the number of turns of motor ur using. So w/ a 9T motor + 12 = 21 pinion, a 10T motor + 12 = 22 pinion, and so on and so forth. Remember that this is only if ur using a 93T spur gear. Use bearings to make ur car faster due to less friction and proper oil/spring combination for the suspension. Use the best tires, Sorex and Take-Offs. Hope this helps

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When in doubt, take it out"
blue 3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 12:22 AM   #32
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to erap

prelude: yes, all the pro 2 parts can fit on the sport 2. i personally use 64 pitch gears. if you want a good site for set-ups and gearing, u could go to these sites

www.bennett-racing.com
welcome.to/drdiff
erap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 12:22 AM   #33
Tech Initiate

Default thanx aot

it really does help
prelude19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 01:01 AM   #34
Tech Apprentice

in the bennett-racing website, there this gear ratio computation chart. when you choose the car for wich youre going to compute the gears, just choose the pro 2 coz it has the same internal drive ratio as the sport 2

in the welcome.to/drdiff site, there are tons of set-ups and tire tips

as for tires, blue is right. Sorex and Take-Offs are the best. Pro-line is pretty good too but they are really expensive
Old 10-04-2001, 01:48 AM   #35
Tech Initiate

Default i am still kinda confused

i went to that site and filled in all all the info. it gave me all these different numbers. all i wanted to know was what was the best to make me fast off the line and win a race about 100 feet long. let me try post the page. i put in the information blue suggested. like a 93spur and a 21 pinion. maybe the pic will show. i really need help. might be big and take a lil while to load but please deal with it and help me out. thanx alot guys for the help by the way. i am kinda getting this whole gear ratio thing. just need a little more help. hehe

Old 10-04-2001, 01:49 AM   #36
Tech Initiate

Default damn

the pic never showed up. well u know the site can u do me a favour type in the info and tell me what the numbers mean. peace
Old 10-04-2001, 02:01 AM   #37
Tech Apprentice

what spur and pinion teeth number do you want? what ratio do you want?
Old 10-04-2001, 02:20 AM   #38
Tech Apprentice

just went to the bennet site. if you want insanely ridicilous top end at the cost of runtime (and maybe your motors endbell ), try using the 106 tooth 64 pitch spur gear and the highest pinion gear u can get. so if you get a 50 tooth pinion, ur Final drive ratio will be a whopping 4.45!!!!! that's pretty hairy for me so i'll leave the speed runs to you!

in sum, get the smallest 64 pitch spur u can get and pair it with the largest 64 pitch pinion u can get! word of warning, a car this fast is extremely hard to slow down!
Old 10-04-2001, 02:48 AM   #39
Tech Initiate

Default ok

so how much run time u think i will have with a have with this spur and pinion setup. i have 2400 trinity batteries, thanx alot for the time u took tohelp me out. i just wantthe fastest possiable car i can get by this friday. i can always switch back to my stock setup. also how much is the pinion and spur gear going to cost me u think. thanx again
Old 10-04-2001, 07:33 PM   #40
Tech Apprentice

not really sure with the runtime, but i guess you'll probably get less than 3 minutes max. as for the price, i'm not really sure about the prices coz i live here in the philippines. y dont yu check ehoobies or towerhobbies for the prices on the pinions and spurs. if u do, gop for the robinson racing suprs and pinions, they're pretty good.
Old 10-05-2001, 01:40 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice

Cool..thanks for the info
TheNige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 07:26 PM   #42
Tech Apprentice

no prob! hope i have helped u in one way or another!