R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-13-2009, 04:52 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Glitch problem?

I am running a LRP TC Spec with the LRP 13.5 BL motor, a Spektrum mini receiver with the capacitor and occasionally, as I attempt to turn after the main straight, the receiver seems to lose signal. The car wont turn and the motor does not work. Once the car is marshalled, the car runs fine in the other areas of the track. My Tx batteries are brand new alkalines too. I would say the distance to the farthest end of the track is well within range of the Tx. Help!
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I HAD A GLITCH PROBLEM WITH MY HPI E10 AFTER I INSTALLED A TRINITY PRO STOCK C027 MOTOR, ONE GUY ASKED ME IF I INSTALLED A CAPACITOR ON THE MOTOR, I DID'NT, AND HE TOLD ME THAT THE GLITCH ( RADIO INTERFERENCE) COULD BE CAUSED BY THE MOTOR AND THE CAPACITOR IS SUPPOSE TO PREVENT THAT.

I HAVENT INSTALLED THEM YET BUT THE GUY MADE SENSE TO ME AND I ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT THOSE LITTLE ROUND THINGS IN THE BACK OF THE MOTOR.

I HOPE THIS HELPS
capturefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

make sure you antenna is not kinked or crimped in any way that could cause range issues with the 2.4g and also make sure you have an adequate amount of antenna sticking straight up but if it only in one spot that may not be it though..But worth a look.
calicool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capturefx View Post
I HAD A GLITCH PROBLEM WITH MY HPI E10 AFTER I INSTALLED A TRINITY PRO STOCK C027 MOTOR, ONE GUY ASKED ME IF I INSTALLED A CAPACITOR ON THE MOTOR, I DID'NT, AND HE TOLD ME THAT THE GLITCH ( RADIO INTERFERENCE) COULD BE CAUSED BY THE MOTOR AND THE CAPACITOR IS SUPPOSE TO PREVENT THAT.

I HAVENT INSTALLED THEM YET BUT THE GUY MADE SENSE TO ME AND I ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT THOSE LITTLE ROUND THINGS IN THE BACK OF THE MOTOR.

I HOPE THIS HELPS
Yes, you should install those caps with brushed motors. Brushed motors and brushless motors work a bit different but the person who gave you the advise was correct. There should be 3 caps on your motor, and if you need some help then your lhs should be able to help. One thing to find out though is some newer ones including the one you have come with built in caps although they are tricky to spot. My suggestion is to ask a fast local for help.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

SpeedySST,

Calicool gave you some pretty good advise also, so I really can't offer anything to you. Is the cap that you installed the spektrum recommended one? Do you ever need to rebind them together? Is your spektrum system an older unit they may not have received their updates? I know I had to send my units in. They were first and second generation units a few years back. Other then getting the wire up and straight I got nothing else for you. Good luck.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote