R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default i fill like a niwbe

ok i got my off road car, and fond my old off/on road car, and i have bot a few others, but every thing i have is running brushless set ups, exp for my old car, its set up with a 11t custom and i cant remember what the esc Amp is. so i need some help im have on the way a new on touring car coming form over seas and i cant remember what brand is off the top of my head its has a High Performance RC-540 Type Electric Motor is what it said it had, and i have like 6 11t custom motors but i dont get to get a esc to small or to big, i know it can hurt the motor is its to big and wont be able to run the motor that well if its to small. been there dont that. im running a lipo's in my brushless and would like to get a esc for a brushed motor that will run them as well. money is a little tit but i wont to run it at the track like the next day that i get it. and i have fond running under 11t any thing i under shot the turns and end up hitting the wall. i just cant adjust for some odd reason. i grew up running a 11t custom motor with a 3600 mah battery a little fast to start out with but when you had a uncle that owned a hobby shop i payed in time spent working at his store, when i broke something on my car.
duratrax evader ext 6600kv motor, eZrun 60A SL ESC
vintage traxxas hawk 11t custom motor, 30A blaster ESC
shinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

dude, put the glass pipe down, step away from the keyboard, take a nap and come back when you can articulate what on earth you are talking about.
Team Tekin , ESC's, motors,
Elangears, Chargers,
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Tech Adept

i get this shit where every i go, I'm not the brightest person on the planet and if you would read it clearly tells you, but let me spell it out a little bit better.

All but one of my car's i run brushless motors. The car i don't run brushless has a 11t custom motor in it. I have had that car for years im talking about they dont even make parts for that car no more. I have a tour car that will be here in about 3 weeks and i need to know what amp esc i need to run the 11t custom motor in it? seen as i have 6 of them.

as i went back over i did add more then what was needed but that is how i am.
there can you under stand it know i can spell it out any clearer. or do i need to go to the off road thread where they can under stand me and are not ***

Last edited by Marcos.J; 06-12-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: language warning
Old 06-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Novak's Rooster 12t ESC is rated for 400A. So you should run an ESC that is rated for over 400A if you want to go by how Novak rates their ESCs. Most ESCs aren't rated by the amp, because the manufacturer will usually list a recommended motor turn limit. Google the ESC model you've got and see what is listed as the recommended minimum turn for that model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinta View Post
i get this shit where every i go, I'm not the brightest person on the planet and if you would read it clearly tells you, but let me spell it out a little bit better...
1.If english is your second (or third) language I would suggest that you let people know that is the case when posting in an english forum.
2. If your young then please continue your education, because hopefully you can improve your writing skills.
3. If your old enough to work at a hobby shop, you live in North America, and your mentally healthy then you have no excuse, shame on you for your poor writing skills. Hopefully this isn't the case.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
i need to know what amp esc i need to run the 11t custom motor in it? seen as i have 6 of them.
lol, here I was thinking you are taking the piss,

you need a brushed esc that can do more than 400A constant, most brushed ESC's will say how many "turns" they can do anyway,
Team Tekin , ESC's, motors,
Elangears, Chargers,
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Shinta- Just because you suck at english doesn't mean that your special and that people should make an extra effort just to accommodate you. Try harder when you write something next time. People will be a lot more willing to help you if respect the time they are taking to help you. Us users here at RC Tech have no reason to help you other than that we want to make things easier for a new racer, because we've been there before and we can appreciate what it means to be helped by someone. Expecting someone to take extra time to try and read your post just because you are too lazy to write it properly is a rather arrogant thing to do and I don't appreciate it. Work with others, not against them.

Sorry if this sounds mean, but if you want help you need to earn it a tiny bit at least.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:41 AM   #7
Tech Elite

shinta.. just get a novak GTX speedo .. you should be able to run any mod brush motor without any problems ..
Old 06-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

damn some of you guys are hard....lol

shinta like he said a novak gtx has no motor limit.same as some lrp models.
if youy think you might run brushless in the tc in the future get a brushed/brushless esc.most of these that i know of have unlimited motor limit for the brushed motors...

really you can purchase a used lrp quantam comp esc for like 30-40 bucks.
remember that just because you have 6-11 turn mods that they will run forever...cause they will need to be freshened up...hope this info helps.
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
ok i got my off road car, and fond my old off/on road car, and i have bot a few others, but every thing i have is running brushless set ups, exp for my old car, its set up with a 11t custom and i cant remember what the esc Amp is. so i need some help im have on the way a new on touring car coming form over seas and i cant remember what brand is off the top of my head its has a High Performance RC-540 Type Electric Motor is what it said it had, and i have like 6 11t custom motors but i dont get to get a esc to small or to big, i know it can hurt the motor is its to big and wont be able to run the motor that well if its to small. been there dont that. im running a lipo's in my brushless and would like to get a esc for a brushed motor that will run them as well. money is a little tit but i wont to run it at the track like the next day that i get it. and i have fond running under 11t any thing i under shot the turns and end up hitting the wall. i just cant adjust for some odd reason. i grew up running a 11t custom motor with a 3600 mah battery a little fast to start out with but when you had a uncle that owned a hobby shop i payed in time spent working at his store, when i broke something on my car.

Wait wait... are you also on iwsti.com? And I agree.... if you wont take ANY effort into putting together your question(s) in any kind of coherant fashion, I sure as hell am not going to waste any of MY time helping you.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
Tech Adept

im not trying to should main when i say this but
English is not my 2nd or 3rd language, when you change schools 10 + times a year its hard to learn any thing for one, and to i was in a special ed class for all but one year of my 13 years of going to school. and it pisses me off to no end every time that ppl do that, now i have gotten a lot better over then years about going over thing, but when you work 6 days a week 10 hours a day one your not thing clearly and to your temper is not the beast. i main i love what i do, but i have me good days and bad days. ppl are work call my the crazy ninja. (long story)

long story it would be easier to say i dont know what you say or i cant under stand what your trying to ask. not ( dude, put the glass pipe down, step away from the keyboard, take a nap and come back when you can articulate what on earth you are talking about. ) you know.

i am sorry about blowing up like that but im shear you get where im coming form. when you to has ass holes tees you and they dont even know you your quick the blow up on ppl. i try to read over what i post here but some times i read it and dont see anything wrong with it.

but what is sad it im not going to pay 150 a lesson just to go and try and relearn what i should of learned when i went throw school the first time. that and i dont have the time. work will slow down in about 8 months but when i finished school i told every one that i was not going back to school unless my work sends me back.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
Tech Adept

next to that i have so many issues that i had to take up a hobby so i would not kill anyone one, no joke. was throw in jail for cutting a guy wast to hip, but he all so kicked in my door and had a knife in hand. cop say he was not in side the house so when they came so they had to take me. went to court and they let me go for self deference.

but i had to go to a shrink b/c i thought nothing of it as if i had did that many times before. shrink to me to find a hobby started with paint ball it start to get way to pricey 500-800 a weekend just on paint, and when i fond my old car i switched back over to rc cars it had been 6 years sense i touched a rc car.

hope fully you can kind of get where im coming form now. and thinks for the help to
Old 06-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Hay buddy who really cares what they think. Just as long as you know what you are saying i think if they aren't smart enough to figure it out then it is on them. I read what you wrote and yes i got, it took me a little bit but yeah i got it. Shoot i don't even make sense half the time myself.

The gtx is a really good esc. That is the one you want.

Hang in their. You will get though to them.
calrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

edited, nevermind
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #14
Tech Adept

Hay wingracer let me ask you if that was a sibling to you would you be upsert that people treated them that way or spoke to them that way. I would bet money on it that you would. Just because the guy cant spell very good dosen't mean we cant try to help the guy out i mean come. When i started this hobby i didn't know any of the terms used or what they ment but people helped me out. They didn't say stupid stuff to me. All that i am saying is lets try to be a little nice you kids.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #15
Tech Adept

Why did you edit you post.