R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 AM   #241
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaraR40 View Post
hi guys,

i posted this in the corally RDX forum but it seems a lot more read the 09 one so i hope its ok i put it here too and since most of you probably had previous models.....

I just bought an unused 2007 corally RDX Phi with 3.5 novak motor, GTB speedy, Spektrum Rx and Hitec digital servo. i still need to get batteries for it. was thinking the 3800 intellect lipo's or maybe the 5000's.

One quick question though. The front diff is a one way and i hate it. Our track has way too tighter turns for a one way so i just cant brake enough without losing control. is there any way to lock the one ways? do they fit in the rear. since i have a standard diff in the rear i wsa thinking lock the one way and switch the front and rear diffs around. unless someone wants to do a swap for a normal diff? i'm in Australia though......

also, where is the best online place to buy corally parts from? No shops anywhere near me deal with them.

thanks in advance
Alex
Ok so 3.5 novak might be a bit much unless u using 5 cell. That motor is way too much and might be why u need to break more. Try 4.5 and if you really smooth 4.0. I had the same problem with the car too fast into corners when using that motor. In fact I got better lap times even with a 4.5L from Novak. As far as the Lipo you need something in the 5000 range. Anything lower just won't make it... The higher the C rating the more you can suck out of it so it will perform better.
The front one way cannot be locked, but you need to experiment to see what fits your driving style and track. Usually breaking is not recommended with it and you need to roll the car more. Try a diff. or spool in the front it will be easier to start with. Good places to look for parts are: corallyUSA, superiorhobbies, stormerhobbies.

Good luck...
LRP TC SXX, LRP SXX Ver. 2, LRP X12 Octa, Futaba 3PKS Spektrum Module, Protform.
SOUTH AFRICA :)
PHI/BMI racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #242
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default oops

the motor just came with it. we dont have a mod class here so it will be 17.5 or 10.5 that i run. i'll get the 5000's then since they will last longer. gonna buy a spool and try that since they are a lot cheaper. a local guy here has a normal diff he can sell me so i'll get that too and experiment.

thanks for your help
Alex
HI Blitz ESE, 10.5T, Lipo
HaraR40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:36 AM   #243
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy View Post
OK not sure if you have done it on purpose, but you have the rear hindge pin mounts on the forward holes in the chassis, they should be one hole back, and on the forward holes for super short wheel, and as for belts its a 416 rear and standard front belt.

Rhys
I finally got around to try this, the 416 rear belt is not even close to fit with the 36t diffpulley, the std 507mm front belt and the standard center pulley (20t?). With the standard bearing holders turned, facing front.

I realy want this to work, tried the Xray 183mm rear belt and that one is to long. Anybody know of a belt that would fit? thinking 179-180mm would do it...
Old 09-17-2009, 02:46 AM   #244
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

I hope you are using a 36t front pulley as well, the combination i quoted below works great, and i have run it on my 09, i would post a pic but have it with 42t pulleys on at the moment.
If you need any more help give me a yell and we will peice it through some more.

Rhys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stusdal View Post
I finally got around to try this, the 416 rear belt is not even close to fit with the 36t diffpulley, the std 507mm front belt and the standard center pulley (20t?). With the standard bearing holders turned, facing front.

I realy want this to work, tried the Xray 183mm rear belt and that one is to long. Anybody know of a belt that would fit? thinking 179-180mm would do it...
Old 09-17-2009, 03:06 AM   #245
Tech Adept

Yes i had the 36t in front as well.

So please pice it out for me Thinking The part number for the tamiya belt would be a good place to start
Old 09-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #246
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Im racing interstate this weekend, will put the 36t pulleys im next week and get some pics of it and post on here for you.

Rhys

Quote:
Yes i had the 36t in front as well.

So please pice it out for me Thinking The part number for the tamiya belt would be a good place to start
Old 09-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #247
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:

I think you are going to need the opt. bearing holders for the rear.

I have not ran the short wheel base before but I did run the 1.71 internal option for a while and needed those different bearing holders for the rear.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #248
Tech Regular

ok i finally got my car and put its first run on it. it was good but a little tight.but i have some questions. are you guys running shims under the rear roll center blocks? if so how many. and question with the front?
Old 09-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #249
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
I think you are going to need the opt. bearing holders for the rear.

I have not ran the short wheel base before but I did run the 1.71 internal option for a while and needed those different bearing holders for the rear.
Nope, there is no opt. bearing holder to solwe this issue. I think its about finding the right belt...
Old 09-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #250
Tech Master

Quote:
Nope, there is no opt. bearing holder to solwe this issue. I think its about finding the right belt...
What I use with the small pulleys are the optional bearing holders and the Corally short rear belt. This works fine.
samstheman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #251
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clparsons123 View Post
ok i finally got my car and put its first run on it. it was good but a little tight.but i have some questions. are you guys running shims under the rear roll center blocks? if so how many. and question with the front?
Some of us in Australia are running a few different set ups with the rear blocks and roll centres on asphalt.

I myself have been running shims on the rear blocks, but only under the front ones at the rear to give a bit of anti squat. I found this helped with mid corner & exit steering. Others here are running them under both blocks in the rear.

The other change is we are running the roll centres on the lowest inner hole in the tower and 1.5mm - 2mm shim under the ball stud on the rear hubs. What you run here will depend on the rims you are running as 2mm with some rims causes clearance issues with the ball cups and rim.

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #252
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstheman2 View Post
What I use with the small pulleys are the optional bearing holders and the Corally short rear belt. This works fine.
Same here...But that wasn't with the "super short WB".

I know I had all the parts to do it with and I had a Tamiya belt (53707 is that part number) and the 1.71 optinal rear holders were the parts I was told I needed.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #253
Tech Regular

thanks b4james
Old 09-18-2009, 12:20 AM   #254
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
Same here...But that wasn't with the "super short WB".

I know I had all the parts to do it with and I had a Tamiya belt (53707 is that part number) and the 1.71 optinal rear holders were the parts I was told I needed.
Yes, super short WB is what i wan't. I have now the 416 belt and that is not fitting, the part number from yours is from the 415. I will get my hands on one of those and try again
Old 09-18-2009, 04:06 AM   #255
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is Jeff Brown on vacation? He hasn't posted in a while?