R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #196
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 130
Default

Try the set-up out the manual. Just change the camber as needed, set front toe to about 0.5 deg. out. This would be a good starting point. All I have changed in m set-up is to put spacers under A-arms to get a good roll-center. I also reduced rear toe-in.

Great car, good luck...
Ciao

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjunior View Post
Hi all,

The car is really good, I have only one question:

When I turn (left or right) the car a little more “intense” the front tire/wheel touch the “ball end” in the shock.

Reducing the steering in the radio I can’t do good angles.

I’m using the front out hole like in the manual.

by the way, how about setups for this car? I found a lot but not for Corally 2009.

Regards.
Robert - Brasil
__________________
Corally PHI/PHI 09 TEAM DRIVER
BMI DB12RR TEAM DRIVER
TOP
LRP TC SXX, LRP SXX Ver. 2, LRP X12 Octa, Futaba 3PKS Spektrum Module, Protform.
SOUTH AFRICA :)
PHI/BMI racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #197
Tech Elite
 
B4james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,162
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjunior View Post
Hi all,

The car is really good, I have only one question:

When I turn (left or right) the car a little more “intense” the front tire/wheel touch the “ball end” in the shock.

Reducing the steering in the radio I can’t do good angles.

I’m using the front out hole like in the manual.

by the way, how about setups for this car? I found a lot but not for Corally 2009.

Regards.
Robert - Brasil

I experienced the same issue with the wheel rubbing on the lower shock eyelet. I simply had too much lock and reduced the end point until it no longer rubbed, still have the same amount of steering on the track.
__________________
Follow me on Facebook - James Ainslie Designs or on Instagram - JA_Designs

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #198
Tech Elite
 
B4james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,162
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHI/BMI racer View Post
Try the set-up out the manual. Just change the camber as needed, set front toe to about 0.5 deg. out. This would be a good starting point. All I have changed in m set-up is to put spacers under A-arms to get a good roll-center. I also reduced rear toe-in.

Great car, good luck...
Ciao
So have you put the spacers only in the rear and is it under the front and back arm mounts in the rear.

I have heard of a few people changing the anti squat by only putting them under 2 blocks instead of the 4 rear blocks.
__________________
Follow me on Facebook - James Ainslie Designs or on Instagram - JA_Designs

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #199
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjunior View Post
Hi all,

The car is really good, I have only one question:

When I turn (left or right) the car a little more “intense” the front tire/wheel touch the “ball end” in the shock.

Reducing the steering in the radio I can’t do good angles.

I’m using the front out hole like in the manual.

by the way, how about setups for this car? I found a lot but not for Corally 2009.

Regards.
Robert - Brasil
Hi Robert,

Check with S. Nicholson on the Australian Phi 2 thread for his outdoor setup. Simon has had the car for several months and is a pro at setups.

Cheers!

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #200
Tech Rookie
 
Jørgensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 15
Default

I have posted this question in another PHI tread,but i post it here also.



I think i will move the shock at the rear of the shock tower on my PHI09.

But it seem's i must use tamiya wishbone too do that well?

Which type of tamiya wishbone do you use? Short or long type?

And if i use Tamiya arm's,can i still use PHI09 driveshaft's?
__________________
www.jorgensen-motorsport.com
Xray T4 - Team Orion - Serpent 811 Cobra 2.2 - OS Speed - Hitec Lynx 4S - Kopropo Servos
Jørgensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #201
Tech Adept
 
Stusdal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 103
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RDX_ View Post
B4james, I just ordered this tamiya set #54083, in that one yu get everything without the dogbones. You need to order them sepereratly. The one i use is 48mm.
Or see last post on page 2. Rear mounted shocks on std arms.
__________________
Serpent || Sanwa || Hobbywing || GensACE || Sorex || Contact ||
*When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win*
Stusdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #202
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14
Default Tks - Setup

Thanks,

I will Bill.

Regards
RB




Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Hi Robert,

Check with S. Nicholson on the Australian Phi 2 thread for his outdoor setup. Simon has had the car for several months and is a pro at setups.

Cheers!

Bill
robertjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #203
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14
Default Improvement point

Hi all,

An important improvement point is the pivot ball (m3x2.5 mm) attached in the steering lever.

For modified, the one (pivot ball ) that came with the kit is realy short.

Attached a video, Campeonato Paulista (São Paulo) first round in Brasil last weekend, I was in the second place, when…..tan tan tan…..”I flied in the tree”.

By the way, happens with more one friend in the same round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0gKY..._embedded#t=34

Best Regards
RB
Attached Thumbnails
Corally RDX Phi 09-steering-lever-problem.jpg  
robertjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #204
Tech Adept
 
Outofcash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 160
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjunior View Post
Hi all,

An important improvement point is the pivot ball (m3x2.5 mm) attached in the steering lever.

For modified, the one (pivot ball ) that came with the kit is realy short.

Attached a video, Campeonato Paulista (São Paulo) first round in Brasil last weekend, I was in the second place, when…..tan tan tan…..”I flied in the tree”.

By the way, happens with more one friend in the same round.
That sucks, are you just suggesting a longer pivot ball?
Outofcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #205
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14
Default pivot ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofcash View Post
That sucks, are you just suggesting a longer pivot ball?
Yes, the “solution” is really easy; I only post all the history here because the “impact” of a small pivot ball was really high for me.

In fact I only change the pivot ball and use thread lock.

Best Regards
RB
robertjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:45 AM   #206
Tech Adept
 
Stusdal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 103
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjunior View Post
Yes, the “solution” is really easy; I only post all the history here because the “impact” of a small pivot ball was really high for me.

In fact I only change the pivot ball and use thread lock.

Best Regards
RB
Do you have the alu steering lever? or did this happen withe original plastic one?
__________________
Serpent || Sanwa || Hobbywing || GensACE || Sorex || Contact ||
*When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win*
Stusdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #207
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14
Default steering lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stusdal View Post
Do you have the alu steering lever? or did this happen withe original plastic one?
Original one, but the problem is the pivot ball, really short, with alu steering lever the risk will be mainly reduced.

This “small issue” only happens in high speed, that's “THE PROBLEM” 

Regards
RB
robertjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #208
Tech Apprentice
 
SAINT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 60
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guys, having trouble fittng a body (Proline R9R) to my 09, can't seems to get it low enough, do you use the bottom body post screws or something else ?
SAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:51 AM   #209
Tech Elite
 
B4james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,162
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I have converted mine to the 07-08 PHI rear body post plate and posts, I did it though due to lazyness I didnt want to redo all my bodies with new holes.
__________________
Follow me on Facebook - James Ainslie Designs or on Instagram - JA_Designs

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #210
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,293
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jørgensen View Post
I have posted this question in another PHI tread,but i post it here also.



I think i will move the shock at the rear of the shock tower on my PHI09.

But it seem's i must use tamiya wishbone too do that well?

Which type of tamiya wishbone do you use? Short or long type?

And if i use Tamiya arm's,can i still use PHI09 driveshaft's?
You can use Tamiya pt# 51297, which are the long version and soft. The 51104 are the long/hard version and the 54083 kit is the 415 short arm kit. The PHI09 cvd's will still work.

Depending on which rear uprights you use you will have to fit them to get the proper clearance to make them work properly.The other factor is the Tamiya outer pins are 2.6mm and the PHI are 2.5.
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For sale/trade thread UnderDaHill Nebraska/Iowa Racing 5234 12-08-2017 05:01 PM
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16584 12-06-2017 03:53 AM
Fastlane Raceway kansasracer Kansas/Missouri Racing 17302 11-12-2017 03:30 PM
Team Corally RDX Phi syndr0me Electric On-Road 3380 03-11-2014 11:27 AM
Corally RDX Phi 2 c1 racin Electric On-Road 52 05-08-2009 02:38 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net