R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #181
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4james View Post
How did you end up at the above meeting Phil ?
Hi, James.

The 10X did very well - TQ and win, but not so fortunate with the PHI '09. This had nothing to do with the car, rather, I decided to use a one-way in field of spools on a medium sized track. With the different lines I simply could not late brake as the others were and ended up in a mishap. Qualified third, though, and finished fourth due to my own error.

The car was awesome with the one way. I ended up pretty much with the setup you mentioned but with a bit more rear droop and silver sway bars front and rear to get it to turn in. I also used the shocks in the middle hole in the rear and it was excellent. Best I have experienced the PHI 09. I'll put the spool back in with the same setup as the one-way to see how that goes at a club race this weekend.

The car was also very free and fast. I use the RS Pro speedo with v199 software so I certainly had power and speed. The stability of the car with the one-way made it feel very predictable and planted. Not at all loose and steering was perfect for the track.
Tx.
Phil
Old 08-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Models View Post
Hi Kenny im finding it very difficult to build the standard shocks to my liking with out any traces of air bubbles and getting them to work extra smooth something i haven't managed yet. Would replacing one of the orings with the black losi washer do the trick ? When filling up the shock do u fill it to the brim then place the bladder or do u leave a gap?

Some pointers would really help.

Gustav
it should help check your clearance around pistons too sometimes if there to tight they do it too
Old 08-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #183
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Sonter

Hi there,

Does anyone ever found it difficult to build the 09 shocks? What is happening to me is that every time I try to tighten the shock, the bladder gets into the shock and never stays on the proper place. I have tryed to rebuild it many times I also noted that oil leaks a lot from the cap. Have anyone experienced this problem? I am about to change the shocks with the xray t2 ones if they fit!

Please Help

Ian
Sonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #184
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonter View Post
Hi there,

Does anyone ever found it difficult to build the 09 shocks? What is happening to me is that every time I try to tighten the shock, the bladder gets into the shock and never stays on the proper place. I have tryed to rebuild it many times I also noted that oil leaks a lot from the cap. Have anyone experienced this problem? I am about to change the shocks with the xray t2 ones if they fit!

Please Help

Ian
all you have to do is hold the aluminum piece only........never hold the plastic cap and the aluminum piece together when tightening.......

now you probably stressed the bladders and they will never stay in place anymore......

if you still get problems doing the way I suggested, get new bladders and it should be fine next time, just ensure that you only hold the aluminum piece, this lets the plastic cap to seat properly on the bladder and not twist it due to the friction.......

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:48 AM   #185
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

G'day Guys

I have just build my 09, and was wondering if anyone could tell me the internal diff ratio's, so I can work my rollout for 17.5. I currently have a 69 tooth /45 pitch spur. Any suggetion for a pinion would be appreciated.
SAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:13 AM   #186
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

if it is built as per kit the internal ratio of the car is 2.0 to 1

Is it a 48dp gear you have ? How big is your track ?

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #187
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
if it is built as per kit the internal ratio of the car is 2.0 to 1

Is it a 48dp gear you have ? How big is your track ?
sorry 45 was a typo should have been 48 pitch, the track is small compare to other (castle Hill) concrete surface. Thanks for the ratio.

Can you suggest what spares I should keep or any special tools I would need, as this is my first Corally
Old 08-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hey guys

How do these kits fair in modified from a maintenance perspective? Are there many option parts required to get it up to scratch? Are the diffs good in them? Do the blades break often?

Sorry for all the questions I just need to do some research before investing the coin.

Part support looks good in Australia thats why I'm keen.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 08-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #189
Tech Elite

As far as spares to keep, I generally would say to keep the below items to get you out of trouble.

- Front arm & Rear arm
- Steering hub
- C Hub

The tools, I would recommend first the little carbon fibre diff spanner to adjust the diff. Also a socket driver to suit the front king pins and a 1.5mm driver to adjust the droop screws.

Which track are you running on in Sydney and also what speed controller are you running ? I might be able to help as I have run on a couple of the tracks there in 17.5

Old 08-09-2009, 07:07 AM   #190
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
As far as spares to keep, I generally would say to keep the below items to get you out of trouble.

- Front arm & Rear arm
- Steering hub
- C Hub

The tools, I would recommend first the little carbon fibre diff spanner to adjust the diff. Also a socket driver to suit the front king pins and a 1.5mm driver to adjust the droop screws.

Which track are you running on in Sydney and also what speed controller are you running ? I might be able to help as I have run on a couple of the tracks there in 17.5

I run at Castle Hill, I have just installed a Tekin combo RS esc and 17.5 motor, thanks for the tips on parts and tools, will have to source the spares
Old 08-09-2009, 07:13 AM   #191
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Hey guys

How do these kits fair in modified from a maintenance perspective? Are there many option parts required to get it up to scratch? Are the diffs good in them? Do the blades break often?

Sorry for all the questions I just need to do some research before investing the coin.

Part support looks good in Australia thats why I'm keen.

Cheers
Adrian
The diffs in them are excellent from both a maintenance point of view and smoothness. I have never heard of a diff outdrive breaking, ever

You do not need a lot of option parts at all, sway bars is one of the first options I would recommend though.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:19 AM   #192
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT View Post
I run at Castle Hill, I have just installed a Tekin combo RS esc and 17.5 motor, thanks for the tips on parts and tools, will have to source the spares

No problems, give Ari and the boys at Northern Beaches Hobbies a call and they can hook you up with the Corally parts.

As for an FDR, I would recommend starting around the very low 4.0 range and do a practice run and temp after 3 mins. I was running around 3.8-3.7 FDR at the SMA Track in Sydney running the RS with 194 software and 30 Degrees timing in the speedy.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:34 AM   #193
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
No problems, give Ari and the boys at Northern Beaches Hobbies a call and they can hook you up with the Corally parts.

As for an FDR, I would recommend starting around the very low 4.0 range and do a practice run and temp after 3 mins. I was running around 3.8-3.7 FDR at the SMA Track in Sydney running the RS with 194 software and 30 Degrees timing in the speedy.
Thanks for your help
Old 08-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #194
Tech Adept

Cool

Hi all, just ran the 09 at our South African 4th National event. Had bad luck in the qualifying being knocked around by some new drivers. The car handled amazingly though, the finals went much better. All I can say is take your time to build the car properly and make sure you get to know it well...
The diff.s are amazing, they last for a lot of runs. We run foam tires, 30 mm rear 26 mm front, so lots of work on the diff.

Ciao
LRP TC SXX, LRP SXX Ver. 2, LRP X12 Octa, Futaba 3PKS Spektrum Module, Protform.
SOUTH AFRICA :)
PHI/BMI racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:55 AM   #195
Tech Rookie

Default Steering

Hi all,

The car is really good, I have only one question:

When I turn (left or right) the car a little more “intense” the front tire/wheel touch the “ball end” in the shock.

Reducing the steering in the radio I can’t do good angles.

I’m using the front out hole like in the manual.

by the way, how about setups for this car? I found a lot but not for Corally 2009.

Regards.
Robert - Brasil
robertjunior is offline   Reply With Quote