R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #136
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

B4 whats the box mounted on your steering servo?
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:44 PM   #137
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,451
Default

Well I ran my Phi 09 today for the first time at my local indoor asphalt track. Running a setup similar to my older Phi, the car was good. After some changes, the car became excellent, just needing a few more adjustments. It certainly has a lot more steering than its predecessor. I did not have the pieces needed to change the amount of toe and roll centers, so I ran it the way it came. Very good on the first day out with a TQ and win. Hopefully pics to come.
samstheman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #138
Tech Elite
 
B4james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,162
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
B4 whats the box mounted on your steering servo?
It is just a boxed tube made of thin polycarb and heatshrink over the top, I just made it to bunch the servo, transponder and esc wires into to make it look neater.

I dont like shortening wires as dont have the skills to do it so the car runs reliably.
__________________
Follow me on Facebook - James Ainslie Designs or on Instagram - JA_Designs

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:18 AM   #139
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstheman2 View Post
Well I ran my Phi 09 today for the first time at my local indoor asphalt track. Running a setup similar to my older Phi, the car was good. After some changes, the car became excellent, just needing a few more adjustments. It certainly has a lot more steering than its predecessor. I did not have the pieces needed to change the amount of toe and roll centers, so I ran it the way it came. Very good on the first day out with a TQ and win. Hopefully pics to come.
Very fast indeed.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #140
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague, Holland
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatel529 View Post
How is the car on asphalt? We have a low/medium traction track that we generally race on.

How is gonna be stocking the car? Price?
Hi,

The car is good for asphalt racing. The new '09 has got more grip around than the old Phi.

Price depends on location and the marging of your lhs.
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #141
Tech Master
 
CraigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to CraigX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstheman2 View Post
Well I ran my Phi 09 today for the first time at my local indoor asphalt track. Running a setup similar to my older Phi, the car was good. After some changes, the car became excellent, just needing a few more adjustments. It certainly has a lot more steering than its predecessor. I did not have the pieces needed to change the amount of toe and roll centers, so I ran it the way it came. Very good on the first day out with a TQ and win. Hopefully pics to come.
Good to hear! Glad you got a head start on a setup, I will be at the track next weekend. Sounds like I will get a good starting point for the car.
__________________
RC America, Xray, Hudy, Sanwa, Motiv RC, Gravity RC, Max Power America, Protoform, Avid, EA Motorsports, TQ Wire, Prolevel RC, Ulti, 5 Nines
CraigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #142
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigX View Post
Good to hear! Glad you got a head start on a setup, I will be at the track next weekend. Sounds like I will get a good starting point for the car.
Nice!...should be a Great race next weekend.
samstheman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #143
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,897
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529
Default

I need a chassis that has a lot of flex. Our parking lot tracks need it. My local hobby shop doesnt carry corally. What is the going price/availability for online resellers in the USA?

Chirag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Thomson View Post
Hi,

The car is good for asphalt racing. The new '09 has got more grip around than the old Phi.

Price depends on location and the marging of your lhs.
__________________
Chirag Patel (San Diego, CA)

1/10 2WD Buggy: TLR 22 4.0 SR 17.5
1/10 4WD Buggy: TBD
cpatel529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:15 AM   #144
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague, Holland
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatel529 View Post
I need a chassis that has a lot of flex. Our parking lot tracks need it. My local hobby shop doesnt carry corally. What is the going price/availability for online resellers in the USA?

Chirag
You can try the onlineshop at Corallyusa.com

If you need felxy chassis you can try the optional 2.0 mm chassis (#79841)
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #145
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Can you "convert" a Phi to an '09 with just a chassis/top deck, suspension mounts, and new bulkheads? or is it more extensive then that? obviously it wouldn't be exactly the same (more alloy then the '09).
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #146
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague, Holland
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Can you "convert" a Phi to an '09 with just a chassis/top deck, suspension mounts, and new bulkheads? or is it more extensive then that? obviously it wouldn't be exactly the same (more alloy then the '09).
In theory it's possible, but it's a lot easier just buying a new one. The parts that are the same are things like the belts, pulley's etc. And those are the things you want to replace anyway. For the rest the wishbones, hingepins and bumper hasn't changed. For the rest about everyone is new and improved
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #147
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Thomson View Post
In theory it's possible, but it's a lot easier just buying a new one. The parts that are the same are things like the belts, pulley's etc. And those are the things you want to replace anyway. For the rest the wishbones, hingepins and bumper hasn't changed. For the rest about everyone is new and improved
Diffs (one-way, spool) the same width? I know the '09 is a bit different
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #148
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague, Holland
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Diffs (one-way, spool) the same width? I know the '09 is a bit different
Yes you can just use the old spool, diff or one way. But you'd better use the aluminium diffholders in the front of the old Phi in stead of the new plastic ones. Just be sure to use the right amount of shims to get you diff in good position. Shim it, untill the play is just gone. Than get 1 shim out. And don't put them all on the same side, make sure that the belt stays in a straight forward direction.
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #149
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

The bellcrank I presume is different and perhaps the shock towers due to the elevated bulkheads? Looking more and more like an upgrade wouldnt be feasible.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #150
Tech Elite
 
imprsme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Va.
Posts: 3,733
Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)
Default

Yeah an upgrade would not be worth the $$$...

There is quite a bit that is different from the two cars....

Topdeck, Main Chassis, bulkheads, inner hinge pins, steering knuckles, inner hinge pin mounting system, Shock towers, Bellcrank, Upper bumper plate. Those are just what I could think of right off my head.
__________________
AwesomatixUSA
eXpress Motorsports
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For sale/trade thread UnderDaHill Nebraska/Iowa Racing 5234 12-08-2017 05:01 PM
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16584 12-06-2017 03:53 AM
Fastlane Raceway kansasracer Kansas/Missouri Racing 17302 11-12-2017 03:30 PM
Team Corally RDX Phi syndr0me Electric On-Road 3380 03-11-2014 11:27 AM
Corally RDX Phi 2 c1 racin Electric On-Road 52 05-08-2009 02:38 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:39 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net