R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2009, 06:24 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by potloodslijper View Post
BMI DB12RR it is then!
@Jason: do you sometimes place the DB12RR on a tweak station? Apparently the car can't be tweaked (expect when you break your chassis ). And where can I buy a front stabilizer, as it doesn't seem to be in the box.

I was wondering why most Futaba drivers use the S9650, the S9602 is slightly faster, a bit cheaper and has metal gears?
Great choice on the bmi bud. You will be very satisfied with the car and the unmatched service. The car is outstanding to drive. You can visit the db12r thread and get some different setups to try. I would just pick up an extra center pivot and set of flex plates and maybe a tall ballstud for the shock and you are set. The ride height spacers are second to none and are very helpful as well. I wheeled this car last season and had great success with it. If you need any other suggestions just shoot me a PM.
WIITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #17
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
BMI DB12RR it is then!
@Jason: do you sometimes place the DB12RR on a tweak station? Apparently the car can't be tweaked (expect when you break your chassis ). And where can I buy a front stabilizer, as it doesn't seem to be in the box.

I was wondering why most Futaba drivers use the S9650, the S9602 is slightly faster, a bit cheaper and has metal gears?
I dont bother using a tweak station as the car by nature cant tweak. The design of the car will not allow it. The only time you need to is if you use the tweak screws. There are many more adjustments on this car than you will find on most. Each flex plate has 6 different spring rate options without changing parts. We dont use the front crossbrace often but guys who do usually just use the AE carbon one or a CRC aluminum one.

Another nice thing about the car is that it comes with about every upgrade you can use such as Boca bearing,titanium front axles,A bunch of IRS upgrades, All the pivot balls are 7075 aluminum and are nickle teflon coated, Comes with a bladder shock and we also make optional pistons for it,It comes with a brushless optimized pod that is offset for brushless motors, and it also comes with lightened diff rings. Our servo mounts allow you to either run a flat or angled servo just by flipping them and will fit pretty much any servo and allow for centering.

The 9602 is my servo of choice as it is pretty cheap,very good, and is metal gear. The 9650 is very good also but is a plastic gear servo. Either will work very well.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

OK thanks for all of your replies!
Will Lilac/Double Pink (FR) and Pink/Yellow (RR) be good for the BMI on carpet?
potloodslijper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #19
Tech Lord

Quote:
Lilac/Yellow is a good starting combo
J Concepts
Old 06-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Last question: are the rear axle ride height adjusters included in the box? And what do you advice: normal length flex plates of the 1/4" longer plates?
potloodslijper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #21
Tech Lord

Quote:
Last question: are the rear axle ride height adjusters included in the box? And what do you advice: normal length flex plates of the 1/4" longer plates?
Our car comes with the IRS ride height adjuster set. We have a kit setup in the instructions that is a real good starting point.
J Concepts
Old 06-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Quote:
I usually use lilac(fr) and double pink(rr) when starting racing and the grip is low.
When grip comes up, at the finals, i will use lilac or purple(fr) and yellow(rr).
Works pretty good for me.
And i use the 9602 too, because of the metal gear.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hmm i had a few really strong crash's in front of car and my s9650 is still like new and the s9650 is lighter than version with MG