good to see a drift thread on here.
my drifter chassis is an xray T2 008

sprint 2 rocks
drifter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JATOdriver

i just traded withone of our RCTech fellas and im waiting on my 1st drifter to get here, its a TC3, i have high expectations
Great looking cars everyone
Old 08-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I recently got some ABS tires and a pair of 9mm offset wheels. Still haven't tested the tires but the 6mm and 9mm offset wheels fit my 200mm bodies a lot better (stock lid is 190mm).

No pics yet tho.

I'm planning on going to a semi-local drift meet tomorrow. I've never been but it would be sweet to actually try drifting on a track, I usually just slide around wherever I can. The weather for the afternoon looks like rain which hopefully it will pass over or around us. I'm not sure if we'll be inside or outside.
spliffnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Got some new parts after talking to the guys at the RC drift meet in Melbourne, FL. I already had an idea of what to get but I wanted to get some more experienced opinions. I ended up ordering HPI universal dogbones all around, HPI front one-way diff and GPM aluminum steering assembly. I also got enough HPI body mount pads for a few vehicles. The only parts that came with instructions were the dogbones. Since they sell in pairs I had two sets of directions. The rest wasn't too hard to figure out tho.

I just snapped these pics real quick. I don't have the best lighting in this room or the steadiest of hands (who does?) so a couple pics are a lil blurry. I may get it out tomorrow for some play/practice with the new setup so I'll get better pics. Here's what I got for now:

New wheels I got a while ago but don't think I've shown them off yet. Unfortunately when I was putting ABS tires on the 9mm offset pair, the wheels flexed and the chrome has chipped around the front lip. Sucks but whatever, it happens... live n learn. At least they're not that expensive to get new ones. I also shortened and modded the front body posts so they don't stick way up out of the hood. It looks much better now.

^ the new post thingies hold down the washers and keep the bumper from moving around.

Here you can see the front universal dogbones (didn't take pic of rears), front one-way and aluminum steering bits...
Old 12-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Immo Send a message via Skype™ to Immo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
Looks pretty good.
Here's what my Sprint 2 Drift has turned in to.

Maybe I should throw the drift tires on it one of these days and try it. LOL
Where did you get the Cuda body?
Immo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immo View Post
Where did you get the Cuda body?
It's an HPI body.

#17510 1970 PLYMOUTH AAR 'CUDA CLEAR BODY

"If God had meant for us to drive through the front wheels, he never would have allowed us to invent the ring & pinion"
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #22
Tech Regular

check out ebay rc-racingzone
rcracingzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by spliffnwesson View Post
Got some new parts after talking to the guys at the RC drift meet in Melbourne, FL. I already had an idea of what to get but I wanted to get some more experienced opinions. I ended up ordering HPI universal dogbones all around, HPI front one-way diff and GPM aluminum steering assembly. I also got enough HPI body mount pads for a few vehicles. The only parts that came with instructions were the dogbones. Since they sell in pairs I had two sets of directions. The rest wasn't too hard to figure out tho.

I just snapped these pics real quick. I don't have the best lighting in this room or the steadiest of hands (who does?) so a couple pics are a lil blurry. I may get it out tomorrow for some play/practice with the new setup so I'll get better pics. Here's what I got for now:

New wheels I got a while ago but don't think I've shown them off yet. Unfortunately when I was putting ABS tires on the 9mm offset pair, the wheels flexed and the chrome has chipped around the front lip. Sucks but whatever, it happens... live n learn. At least they're not that expensive to get new ones. I also shortened and modded the front body posts so they don't stick way up out of the hood. It looks much better now.

^ the new post thingies hold down the washers and keep the bumper from moving around.

Here you can see the front universal dogbones (didn't take pic of rears), front one-way and aluminum steering bits...
why do you run your belt a little close to the receiver or do you just like to roll fast and out of control
surby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by surby View Post
why do you run your belt a little close to the receiver or do you just like to roll fast and out of control
That's pretty much the stock location. It was a little more to side, away from the belt but that's where it ended up when I zip-tied it cuz I ran out of double-sided tape.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Awesome evo and sti up above!

Do you guys run diffs, spools, 1way, different front and rear???
Old 09-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I ran a one way front then spool rear. It was little to "skittish" so i put a diff in the front. I like it but i just swapped so im getting accustomed to it.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

I have an HPI front one-way and open rear tho I've been meaning to lock it. I just haven't been running my RC's much so there's not a whole lot of need to do it.

The front one-way is something to get used to. I think it works better in cars with a hotter motor, like brushless. The stocker does alright but is kinda limited. I found that at higher speeds it doesn't have the power to break traction and drift. Could do it with the brakes but that always sends me spinning.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spliffnwesson View Post
I have an HPI front one-way and open rear tho I've been meaning to lock it. I just haven't been running my RC's much so there's not a whole lot of need to do it.

The front one-way is something to get used to. I think it works better in cars with a hotter motor, like brushless. The stocker does alright but is kinda limited. I found that at higher speeds it doesn't have the power to break traction and drift. Could do it with the brakes but that always sends me spinning.
Because running the one way up front acks as a E-Brake, when you hit the brakes it brings the rear around, you will need to get back on the trottle after hitting the e-brake and counter steer as well!