Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Atomic VM2 M-Class Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan
Still about $195USD and who knows how much shipping is...
Still waiting on EGR Mart to get some in stock. I'd order from HKS Hobby if they didn't have such a bad rep....
Exactly what Im thinking. Who knows if HKS even have what they list on the website.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

EGR Mart did a good job with me, i've ordered parts and get it in a week. It happened twice and i'm in Switzerland. . . they sure get a good feedback from me.
BTW The car is awesome!!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

You got service after you complained about HKS on here. Everyone I know that ordered from them had to complain or file a complaint to their payment center i.e. Paypal to get things going.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 12-12-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have delt with egrmart several times with no problems. I would not trust HKS hobby. I have never gotten a reply from them. I have asked them on the forum to explain what type of store they have and again no reply. EGRmart even took care of some warrenty issues with my atomic vmII. They are a part of the group that makes Atomic and spec R.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
You got service after you complained about HKS on here. Everyone I know that ordered from them had to complain or file a complaint to their payment center i.e. Paypal to get things going.
Actually it wasn't a complain but i've just asked why i haven't received a confirmation Email after i've shopped with HKS. Anyway i've shopped twice with them to and set another order with them yesterday.
I don't care much about theyr confirmation Email as long as i've a Paypal receipt.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ghiro
Actually it wasn't a complain but i've just asked why i haven't received a confirmation Email after i've shopped with HKS. Anyway i've shopped twice with them to and set another order with them yesterday.
I don't care much about theyr confirmation Email as long as i've a Paypal receipt.
I'm confused about your statement. In your previous post you said you ordered from EGR Mart and was happy with them but now you're talking about HKS.

My post was a general statement about what some had to do to get some action on the part of HKS.

I'll tell you my last experience with HKS. I was actually in their city on vacation and called them (Saturday) to see if they were open on the weekend. I was told yes. I called on Sunday to confirm and get directions and they disconnected their phone. (this why those of you that called their number on the website got nowhere. Yes I F'ed it up for you guys ) What are they trying to tell me? Are you serious you disconnected the phone? I eventually found the place and they were closed.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For what it's worth, rc-mini.net have dealt with both HKS and EGR Mart.

ONCE only with HKS, and a number of times with EGR Mart. Feel free to draw your own conclusions why that might be........
Old 12-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Well a coupple of pages back i've asked about HKS's confirmation Email cause i've had an issue about it but i've received an answer a little after so i didn't bother. I supposed you were refering to that post's statement.

I've ordered from both and actually EGR Mart sent it faster but many items i was looking for weren't available so i made another order from HKS and everything was fine.
I've waited a coupple of days more though but onestly, i do not have anything to complain about the service. . . do you guys want me to regret i've ordered twice yesterday??

Anyway the car isn't well distributed, i have found dificulties to find spares in Eu as well as in other countries . . .it deserve more shops to carry kits and spares. How come HKS is the only online store in US i can find spares and EGRmart the only one in Cina?
Old 12-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

I would humbly suggest that this car is suffering the same issue that all the 4WD Minis do, lack of interest.

The manufacturers release the cars, there's a bit of interest initially, and then it dies.. Judging from the fact that the VMII is currently almost impossible to get (apart from old stock) I wonder if they're even making them any more?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tony gray
I would humbly suggest that this car is suffering the same issue that all the 4WD Minis do, lack of interest.
...I wonder if they're even making them any more?
bummer dude
way to burst our bubble
Yeah I sorta guessed thats why they are harder to get. Parts will be the next to go after car production stops.

Zero 4WD mini racing in NZ, so would have been just for the fun, for me.
Thats why i wanted one at the cheaper pricing
Old 12-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Seems like Aluminum "C" hubs are no longer available anywere . . . ouch!!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

i think we all need to buy a new kit for full part support. =)
Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

The manufacturers release the cars, there's a bit of interest initially, and then it dies.. Judging from the fact that the VMII is currently almost impossible to get (apart from old stock) I wonder if they're even making them any more?
Well if rc-mini.net would promote them......
Old 12-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Oooh harsh call....

We can get a single heat of 4WD Minis at our annual Mini Nats (and usually half the cars are mine anyway) but that's about it. Even for us the 4WD's are a novelty and not much more.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Oooh harsh call....

We can get a single heat of 4WD Minis at our annual Mini Nats (and usually half the cars are mine anyway) but that's about it. Even for us the 4WD's are a novelty and not much more.
I guess your right. Those that want 4WD just run 1/10 scale and those that want a mini sized realistic looking body stick with good ole Tamiya....but I want both... I think NT was trying to get a VMII recently so maybe your next Nats will have one more 4WD mini.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.