Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Atomic VM2 M-Class Chassis >

Atomic VM2 M-Class Chassis

Like Tree1Likes

Atomic VM2 M-Class Chassis

Old 05-14-2013, 02:43 PM
  #511  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post



The green cars will get special turn marshalling from me this Sunday.
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:40 PM
  #512  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by linkless View Post
Wow, I bought my VM2 a couple of months ago and have run it dozens of times now with the only issue being a screw backing out of one of the steering knuckles. The chassis was perfectly flat after building and it had the correct wheels. My only true complaint was the shock orings were very sticky. Two works ok and got better over time but two weren't able to be used at all. Swapped them out for something I had in my box and everything worked out fine. Using Sweep mini tires all around and a touring car body, my VM-2 is within a couple of tenths of the fastest 10th touring cars on a low bite carpet track. I keep asking but they won't let me race it with them yet so i'm stuck running my S411 in the races.
I bought mine when the lipo version first came out. I think that was my problem.
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:47 PM
  #513  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
I)arkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Victoria,Aus
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
@ I)arkness & defMondo

Thx for the links! I'll have to see if he ships overseas.

The best part of the build so far was putting the vmii away and finding Tony Gray's FB page from Berzerk RC. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Thank you Mr. Gray for relieving me of my vmii frustrations for a day!

yeah Paul (Berzerk rc) does ship chassis overseas, his little chassis mods have taken off with great success. Even making some chassis for some top modified drivers, from what ive heard.

im sure everyone gets a laugh when TFG posts stuff online, one of his weekly things to keep update with is whats in his fridge segment
I)arkness is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 06:58 PM
  #514  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,839
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
I bought mine when the lipo version first came out. I think that was my problem.
I think the only problem I had was when I was going so fast and passing everyone I would blow up bearings in the green machine! Also making room on the mantel for all my trophies!
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:03 PM
  #515  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
tony gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,524
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post

The best part of the build so far was putting the vmii away and finding Tony Gray's FB page from Berzerk RC. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Thank you Mr. Gray for relieving me of my vmii frustrations for a day!
Hey, it's what I do....
tony gray is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:17 PM
  #516  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (67)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,494
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Ok, loosened up bulkhead screws, retightened top deck, still a tad bit of tweak but better. Opened up the holes ever so slightly on the upper deck screws and filed away on the top on bottom edges of the deck, and now no more tweak. Never had to do this sort of hand fitting on my previous VM2's.

Anyways, time to put in the finishing touches and paint the body.

Tony, your FB page rocks! Wished mini racing here was as big as it is over there.
Dan is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:31 PM
  #517  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
yeah Paul (Berzerk rc) does ship chassis overseas, his little chassis mods have taken off with great success. Even making some chassis for some top modified drivers, from what ive heard.

im sure everyone gets a laugh when TFG posts stuff online, one of his weekly things to keep update with is whats in his fridge segment
Good to know he will ship. There's more than one person that's looking for the chassis.

Haha the What's in the frig segment is funny and interesting.
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 PM
  #518  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
I think the only problem I had was when I was going so fast and passing everyone I would blow up bearings in the green machine! Also making room on the mantel for all my trophies!
It's ok Josh. You will notice all your wins were with me not running.
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:36 PM
  #519  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
Hey, it's what I do....
How was the blue chicken?
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 PM
  #520  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Ok, loosened up bulkhead screws, retightened top deck, still a tad bit of tweak but better. Opened up the holes ever so slightly on the upper deck screws and filed away on the top on bottom edges of the deck, and now no more tweak. Never had to do this sort of hand fitting on my previous VM2's.

Anyways, time to put in the finishing touches and paint the body.

Tony, your FB page rocks! Wished mini racing here was as big as it is over there.
I guess my suggestion worked. Good to know I might have to do the same. Lol
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:18 PM
  #521  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
tony gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,524
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Blue chicken is an acquired taste, and I havent acquired it....
tony gray is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 10:40 PM
  #522  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,839
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Ok, loosened up bulkhead screws, retightened top deck, still a tad bit of tweak but better. Opened up the holes ever so slightly on the upper deck screws and filed away on the top on bottom edges of the deck, and now no more tweak. Never had to do this sort of hand fitting on my previous VM2's.

Anyways, time to put in the finishing touches and paint the body.

Tony, your FB page rocks! Wished mini racing here was as big as it is over there.
I do remember having to grind off the end of the toplate cause it was putting a bend in chassis. Also one of the threads in bulkhead seemed to be not there until I installed a longer screw.
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
It's ok Josh. You will notice all your wins were with me not running.
!!!! Get ready for Hugo!
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 11:09 PM
  #523  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
I do remember having to grind off the end of the toplate cause it was putting a bend in chassis. Also one of the threads in bulkhead seemed to be not there until I installed a longer screw.


!!!! Get ready for Hugo!
No need to I'm just Josh-n-ya.
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 11:12 PM
  #524  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
Blue chicken is an acquired taste, and I havent acquired it....
Don't want to clog up this thread so last OT post. Been losing weight?
Sydewynder is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 12:45 AM
  #525  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (67)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,494
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Oh yes, and the best spec is they got rid of all their QC inspectors.
Dan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.