Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can you post a pic?
pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Creado View Post
Nash, we should have some concrete information on our 1S saddle pack over the next couple of weeks. Hoping for end July release.

HURRY UP GAVIN.... Some of us are not happy with the options available today. I always found it strange that early on SMC developed the 1s brick pack and not a 1s saddle pack? I understand a cost benefit to a brick pack but IMO a saddle pack design would have satisfied both spring and t-bar chassis.

If they started with a 1s saddle pack design to be used in a spring chassis the two packs could have been mounted close together with a short jumper wire?

In any event I hope Gavin gets the design to the market soon and ROAR has the packs available for approval.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #48
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano View Post
HURRY UP GAVIN.... Some of us are not happy with the options available today. I always found it strange that early on SMC developed the 1s brick pack and not a 1s saddle pack? I understand a cost benefit to a brick pack but IMO a saddle pack design would have satisfied both spring and t-bar chassis.

If they started with a 1s saddle pack design to be used in a spring chassis the two packs could have been mounted close together with a short jumper wire?

In any event I hope Gavin gets the design to the market soon and ROAR has the packs available for approval.
I agree with you but Danny says it's not about the cost. It's the extra resistance of the extra wire/connectors. I say screw it and make them any way but that was his reasoning.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well I've got a rather old T bar pan car( Tri- Shocks). I've been running the single cell lipo by SMC since it came out with a 13.5 Novak motor. I've got the Battery on one side- Novak ESC- Lipo reciever pack (200 mah) on the other side.My Voltage regulator in on top of my front servo and the transponder in on the front bumper.It works fine and is balanced out.A bad picture of my old car is on the www.fseara .com website under the 2009 kissimmee race on the last page.Car weight 36oz ready to go. Now I've got to lose 4 oz. But for those of you that want a T bar type of car with no problems of where to put the battery -It might be coming real soon. IT takes the best of a T-bar car and a link car.I've had it for 10 years and possibly it's getting made and will debut on September 27th at the first race of the Florida State series race in Daytona.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #50
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

someone asked for a picture

http://www.nashrcracer.com/images/IMAGE0_00808.jpg

http://www.nashrcracer.com/images/IMAGE0_00809.jpg

notice the 42 grams of weight to balance it out. which as I stated brings the radio equipment up to close to the battery weight.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #51
Tech Apprentice

Default Options

Here's an option: http://ohiohobbyplus.com/ohp/product...products_id=41
[email protected]
race4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #52
Tech Champion

you can try that !
2pcs free shipping
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPa...a&filter_id=89
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #53
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
you can try that !
2pcs free shipping
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPa...a&filter_id=89
Where's the booster?

Here is just the battery:http://ohiohobbyplus.com/ohp/product...products_id=39
[email protected]
race4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #54
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

booster

http://ohiohobbyplus.com/ohp/product...products_id=30
Traceyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #55
Tech Master

Ouch. That's 12th scale isn't it?
Good luck with that. Unless you can figure out some way to mount it under the center shock perpendicular to the t-bar you're always gonna have balance issues... i wonder how others are mounting their 1 cell lipo in 12th scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
someone asked for a picture

http://www.nashrcracer.com/images/IMAGE0_00808.jpg

http://www.nashrcracer.com/images/IMAGE0_00809.jpg

notice the 42 grams of weight to balance it out. which as I stated brings the radio equipment up to close to the battery weight.
pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #56
Tech Elite

That's tight on a 1/12th scale. But I'd still rather race a T-bar car than a links car.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I agree with you but Danny says it's not about the cost. It's the extra resistance of the extra wire/connectors. I say screw it and make them any way but that was his reasoning.
Hey Sean...long time since we've raced together...

That's a poor excuse for not producing a 1s saddle pack...tell me the investment cost and risk return was too high to go with a saddle pack design. I would accept that reason because at the time Danny was not sure what direction Lipo's would go in 1/12th scale and did not want to be the one investing in designing a pack that would not be accepted. The resistance across as 3inch jumper wire is too great…therefore we decided not to pursue such a design.

If that's the reason, a jumper wire in a Lipo would have the same resistance as a jumper wire used for a NiMh saddle pack...the voltage decrease is insignificant. Years ago…Car Action did a voltage decrease test amongst battery plugs and wires…for wires less than 3inches in length (12gauge) the voltage decrease was insignificant. For plugs, the biggest difference between the various plugs tested was heat disbursements and wear.

I applaud Danny (and have used his products for years) for making the investment in Lipo's….but clearly the market is now calling for a 1s lipo saddle pack and only one manufacturer has expressed an interest in meeting that demand.

I have to agree with nashrcracer on this issue…I'm not a big fan of the use of a 1s brick pack in a t-bar car…looks out of sorts to me…we should have gone back to the days of real 1/12th scale racing when 6-cell packs were legal!!!! (2s Lipo) Remember 4-cells were introduced to help make 8-minute run time…not to slow the little buggers down…
Old 08-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Quote:
Years ago…Car Action did a voltage decrease test amongst battery plugs and wires…for wires less than 3inches in length (12gauge) the voltage decrease was insignificant. For plugs, the biggest difference between the various plugs tested was heat disbursements and wear.
Without straying off topic, care to elaborate on the other results of the tests carried out for those (me ) that didnt see that article.
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Quote:
I have to agree with nashrcracer on this issue…I'm not a big fan of the use of a 1s brick pack in a t-bar car…looks out of sorts to me…we should have gone back to the days of real 1/12th scale racing when 6-cell packs were legal!!!! (2s Lipo) Remember 4-cells were introduced to help make 8-minute run time…not to slow the little buggers down…

Yea but that was the day of 1200 sanyos, not the same as todays powerplants. Myself I'd like to see 1/12 go to sub-c sized A123(lifepo4) cells, the lower mah rate would bring gearing back in and strategy would again be a winning factor. I have'nt yet tried to balance a 1s brick on one of my t-bar cars, I think I will now just to see if I can, although I aggree that it looks ugly.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Without straying off topic, care to elaborate on the other results of the tests carried out for those (me ) that didnt see that article.
Hello Conrad....or should I say Steve Pond? Did you move again? I doubt I can reproduce the article as if memory serves me correctly, it was done sometime in the early 90's. If you have results that differ, we'd be interested to hear.