Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Batteries & Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am using Pulsar charger as well .. they are good.
With Sanyo 3300HV and 3000HV, i found the capacity of cells go down very quick. My pack of 3300HV now only can do around 3000mA and my 3000HV is around 2700mA. That's normal .. nothing you can do about it.
With the new GP3300 initial charge may take up to 3500mA to 3800mA it seems it doesn't loose capacity as much as HV does. My GP3300 is still charging 3700mA and i already use it for around 20 cycles. That's why more people recommend GP3300 cells than Sanyo cells.

Marzin - Do you discharge your pack to 5.4 v before charging ?

Ben
Old 12-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ben, I don't have a problem with Randy ( just a post he made) or Fukuyama batteries. I'm sure they are good packs. The only problem I have is with Dan and his business practices. He seems to have good customer support etc, but advertising by bashing other companies is unacceptable. I'm not nor do I want to be sponsored so I don't have to worry about representing any r/c companies. I don't even run Kinetix batteries even though Ron would probably give me a discount. In fact, I run unmatched batteries from bulk because I choose to win by driving and tuning instead of trying to out battery or motor everyone. If you choose to do business with someone like that then that's your choice. I'm just stating the facts.
Old 12-27-2003, 03:14 PM
BG
Tech Addict

I currently use a GFX with a 6 amp 3mv peak. Even when the cell packs were new the capacity never went over 3400mah. I use both Epics and SMC's.

I started playing around with dead shorting, and only then I was able to get figures around 3900mah. But thats only due to the cell charging from 0 volts.

Cheers
Old 12-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

BigDogRacing,
I believe this forum created so people/racer can put their opinion, question or experience about RC. I believe it's very depends on the reader to pick which one is best for their need and budget.
I was using unmatched packs before and they seems to be very good. I only give my opinion about how jimmy & dan look after me. And their cells are pretty good, I don't even know how they run their business. Well, i don't wanna know
I just play RC for hobby not for living, so i just have fun and race .. make more friend and be more competitive in positive way.
Merry Christmas And Happy New Year !

Ben