R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-24-2003, 01:40 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Anyone have a SuperRooster? HELP! HELP!

Ok, you can laugh at me after you read this, but hopefully someone will help me. If you have a Novak SuperRooster, maybe you can...

I was trying to shorten the wires from the ESC to the receiver. First I soldered it. It worked, but ugly. I finally found some replacement servo plugs to make it look better.

I messed them up, so I decided to use the piece I cut off and just solder the wires on the board inside the ESC. Sounds easy.

I was carefull enough to record the order of wires before hand, but when I got it back together, it did not work. The soldering was clean and everything looked good.

I must have not written down the order of the wires right.

If anyone feels comfortable taking the case off your SuperRooster, please help! I need to know what order those things are supposed to go.

You have to pull the case apart and pull the grayish cover off the cooling fins, then pull off the top circuit board (held on by the pins near the cooling fins), it just slides off the pins. Follow the wires to the little black box they are soldered to the board right behind it. I am looking at the ESC with the motor and battery wires to my left.

Now you can laugh at me if you can't or don't want to help me! I hope I didn't mess something up. Or I can look at it this way, I wanted a GT7 anyway.
complaisant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 03:53 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to oakley7

hi there. i only have the novak rooster and i hope this will help.
looking down the circuit board with the battry & motor wire facing left. the first wire that facing you is white then red. the last one is black. hope this will help.

regards,
oakley7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:54 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Thanks for helping me out oakley.

They might be the same, I am not sure. Do you mean white,red, black starting from the left side (with the batt + motor wires on the left side) or the right?

The way I wrote it down was black, red, white - from the left side(with the batt + motor wires on the left side).

Anybody else?
Old 12-26-2003, 11:54 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

hi complaisant, can u take a photo of the circuit board and post it here ?
i meant the bottom of the circuit board that have solder on it. let me see & i know where to start.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:59 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

Hey oakley,

This is really cool you are willing to help. I really appreciate it. If I can't fix it I have to buy another ESC. I am way too broke right now.

I e-mailed Novak, but I don't know if they will respond.

I am looking at the black box at the top left of the board. The three holes right under it are where the three wires go to the other side and get soldered (I drew three lines to the holes).

The two wires to the left of the three holes are the on/off switch (red then black).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg esc 006.jpg (155.1 KB, 44 views)
Old 12-27-2003, 12:51 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

Anybody else?
Old 12-28-2003, 09:07 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Attached Images
File Type: jpg esc 0061.jpg (194.5 KB, 40 views)
Old 01-01-2004, 04:55 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

Thanks a lot oakley. That was the original order I wrote down. Something else must be the problem!!! I appreciate all of your help.