Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fastest Roar Legal 13.5??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Fastest Roar Legal 13.5??

As the title states which is the fastest roar legal 13.5 motor???

Cody
Old 05-25-2009, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minittrackmann

Cody
Thats a trick question !!
Depends also on what esc you are using as well...
Old 05-25-2009, 05:54 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

...is the 1 with the most corner speed.

R
Old 05-25-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Cody
hey Cody,

In Stock and Superstock classes, 13.5 motors are all very close to each other. Probably too close to call in most cases. So it comes down to your Speedo and Batteries. That's makes the most difference!! Gearing, ESC and ESC settings, good batteries, and you'll be very fast(assuming you can drive well)

the Speed Passion GT 2.0
LRP SPX
KO BMC

will turn any motor into rockets with their new software and timing features. Combine that with SMC 40C packs or THunderpower 40C pack and you should be fast with pretty much any motor.

So which motor to pick? Go with one that is built with good quality, and has good customer service and support...

I'd highly recommend you try a Speed Passion motor and ESC, from Schumacher USA(www.racing-cars.com), as their stuff is very good quality and service is the best.

If not, try a Novak; they have good US support and very popular.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

I was running the RS Pro but it blew up on Saturday...

Iliked the ESC but the Tekin 13.5 motor was garbage... I didnt like it at all. I was going to try the Tekin RS Pro again and possibly one of the newtrinity motors...
Old 05-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Iliked the ESC but the Tekin 13.5 motor was garbage... I didnt like it at all. I was going to try the Tekin RS Pro again and possibly one of the newtrinity motors...
If you killed a RS pro then there must have been something not right with your setup ie: motor, gearing or wiring etc.. those esc's are tough !!

Best esc's in my opinion is the RS Pro and SP GT2.0 with the new Nosram Pearl showing its just as good.
Motor wise Tekin, SP and LRP/Nosram are running exceptionally well here.
I believe the Hacker is also pretty good.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

This shoulda been a sign.The whole day while the esc was still running cogging was horrible. I coldnt figure out what it was. I even whent down a few pinion teeth, thinking I was overgeared.

I also put the motor timing to 0, and went to full boost...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At the Reedy Race this past weekend the Tekin powered cars were very fast. There were a lot of super fast Tekin controller/motor cars and they were as fast as the SPX cars. In this day and age of BL motors it's come down to software, timing setups and gear. With the latest software we were using this weekend our Tekin cars were pretty damn ballistic. Fastest 13.5 car I've ever driven. The other nice thing about the Tekin motors is their ability to handle the heat. You can get them hot, I got mine up to 206 deg while I was working the controller setup. Hot enough to hurt a lot of the other motors out there but the Tekin handled it no problems.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

hey cody,

i was using a tekin RS Pro at jackson saturday also.

had no problems with mine all day, i ran no timing on the motor and full boost on a duo..

and you said it was cogging? if that was the case the 1st thing i would have done is use a new sensor cable
Old 05-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

This shoulda been a sign.The whole day while the esc was still running cogging was horrible. I coldnt figure out what it was. I even whent down a few pinion teeth, thinking I was overgeared.

I also put the motor timing to 0, and went to full boost...

Cogging starts whem overgeared, Brushless is effected by this. I always start with a small pinion first, to the maximum largest the 13.5 motor will take. With RS Pro check your temp of the ESC runs at. At 100% Boost(timing) your running 30degrees of advance timing, 13.5 motor you driving too much with a Hi pinion. RS Pro must have Thermo out on you. ESC probably ok. Check your ESC temp on practice time. Tekins has their onboard temp gauge on ESC.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Cody
You can not go wrong with the hacker 13.5 or the trinity duo 13.5 but you will also need a good esc. the LRP SPX with the setting at 8 or the tekin RS pro with the setting of 7.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

The Novak 13.5 with the timing cranked right up works well for me.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hacker 13.5 IS the fastest.
Really.And if you cant buy the Hacker, buy the Losi Xcelorin
It's the same.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Express Duo 13.5 with SPX turned up to 8 with a 35-40c battery, geared to a 5.5-5.8
Old 05-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Team Tekin

Obviously something was wrong if you blew a RSPro with a 13.5 motor. Even the RS is barely breathing hard on a 13.5. Our motors are hardly garbage although you may have a very very rare bad one. More likely you have a bad controller or do not fully understand timing and gearing to get it all from a spec motor.

Over gearing should not make a sensored system cog ever. Sensorless will struggle with tall gearing on a slow motor however.

What will cause cogging is a bad phase on the controller. Effectively running on 2 of 3 cylinders. It will start rough and only go about 75% top speed. A bad sensor can cause some roughness, but we roll to sensorless pretty seamlessly so you really should not notice. If the sensors are dead you will see a sensorless start that is less than perfect but pretty close.

Happy to prove you wrong and put some good stuff in your hands. If it was new it sounds under warranty, and I assume it was or you would have already seen how it really performs... second to none and better than most. Send it in and we will make you smile

Tekin Prez

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.