R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
bydand53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Posts: 79
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default HB Cyclone TC - CV Drive Shafts

I'm having a problem with the purple aluminium CV drive shafts on the front of my Cyclone TC.
In the last 2 meets I have stripped the head of one shaft and snapped another clean through at the groove.
Does anybody know of an after-market alternative or am I doing something wrong ???
Richard
bydand53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:34 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
VooDooPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,715
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bydand53 View Post
I'm having a problem with the purple aluminium CV drive shafts on the front of my Cyclone TC.
In the last 2 meets I have stripped the head of one shaft and snapped another clean through at the groove.
Does anybody know of an after-market alternative or am I doing something wrong ???
Richard
running mod with a spool? i think its fairly common for that to happen. we usually replace it with the steel version and just keep the aluminum shafts for the rear.
__________________
[TRF418][TB-04Pro][FF-03Pro][M-05v2][TRF102][F-104 WGP][TT-01R TypeE]
[Cross CF-01'08][Yokomo R12][Team C TC02Evo][Team C T8E v3]
VooDooPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:36 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
shadow102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,441
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

They don't like to take hard hits up front I have gone through several sets for that reason. Best solution is I still run the purple shafts out back but I run the heavy duty cyclone steel universals up front (the black non cvd type) I ran them for most of the winter season with no problem.
__________________
Hot Bodies Cyclone - - TeamTekin - - Spektrum - - Team Orion - - Futaba

www.nexusracing.com
www.go-rc.org
shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:34 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice
 
bydand53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Posts: 79
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

So should I run a locker or a one-way up front ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
They don't like to take hard hits up front I have gone through several sets for that reason. Best solution is I still run the purple shafts out back but I run the heavy duty cyclone steel universals up front (the black non cvd type) I ran them for most of the winter season with no problem.
bydand53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPH View Post
running mod with a spool? i think its fairly common for that to happen. we usually replace it with the steel version and just keep the aluminum shafts for the rear.
+1
__________________
Hotbodies USA
SweepRacing USA
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:44 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
shadow102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,441
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bydand53 View Post
So should I run a locker or a one-way up front ?
Depends on your track and what you feel Is better for you. Personally one way diff's aren't something seen much if at all any more as the spool is suited for a larger array of track layouts and surfaces
__________________
Hot Bodies Cyclone - - TeamTekin - - Spektrum - - Team Orion - - Futaba

www.nexusracing.com
www.go-rc.org
shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya TB-Evolution IV gtypecanare Electric On-Road 3600 11-03-2017 01:06 PM
Hot Bodies Cyclone Frank McKinney Electric On-Road 19762 07-26-2017 11:42 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net