R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #121
Tech Adept

It looks great but 1 year license cost nearly like 1 year every week driving 2wd buggy... It cost the same like iracing. Imho thats foolish.
Completely hate that kind of subscribing if you have to pay for everything.

I wont support this. If it was buy a sim and pay every year few bucks for license I would get in.

Last edited by [email protected]; 09-13-2011 at 01:16 PM.
L@gger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #122
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dont download this game if ur in a hurry.. took 2 hours to download as the servers were slow then 30 mins for updates during the install.. Mmmm
warnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #123
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

my note book Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 play VRC PRO
CPU: Intel Core i7 2.0-2.9GHz
Ram board: DDR3 4G + 4G = 8G
Vga Chip dual : GeForce GT550M ram DDR3 2G / on board VGA
vga chip selectable by switch/config for top performance or low temperature+battery runtime as we want.
this notebook specification, it can play VRC PRO very well.

VRC PRO | track VRC Carpet2 | direction official
yesterday night, i very happy with my new best lap... 11.59 sec (SPEC CLASS)
it's good time. but, i want more better ... so, i must practice & practice
smith9turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #124
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith9turbo View Post
my note book Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 play VRC PRO
CPU: Intel Core i7 2.0-2.9GHz
Ram board: DDR3 4G + 4G = 8G
Vga Chip dual : GeForce GT550M ram DDR3 2G / on board VGA
vga chip selectable by switch/config for top performance or low temperature+battery runtime as we want.
this notebook specification, it can play VRC PRO very well.

VRC PRO | track VRC Carpet2 | direction official
yesterday night, i very happy with my new best lap... 11.59 sec (SPEC CLASS)
it's good time. but, i want more better ... so, i must practice & practice
Would you mind showing a screenshot of your setup? I feel like I've tried every change, and the best I can manage is a 11.9, I'd be ok if it was just me and not the car There really aren't many things to change.. I can get low 11s out of the rs lipo car easily..
Old 09-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #125
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Would you mind showing a screenshot of your setup? I feel like I've tried every change, and the best I can manage is a 11.9, I'd be ok if it was just me and not the car There really aren't many things to change.. I can get low 11s out of the rs lipo car easily..
from my experience for VRC, both VRC3 and VRC PRO.
Computer specification have many effect to this game.
the better computer(cpu/ram/gpu) give better car response in same car setup.
The better car response give better lap time to me..
and all graphic in game,its move faster/smoother.
So, it give better view for driver too.

this seem like, i use 3PK or 4PK in the my real XRAY T3 RC car.
same car/same setup/same driver but with differrence transmitter, lap time not equal.
4PKS 2.4G have faster signal process than 3PKS 2.4G.
So, my real Xray T3 with 4PKS 2.4G can give me better lap time.

please see my notebook specification for referrence.
if you computer spec is lower than my. your car in VRC PRO will have slower response than my car too.

Last edited by smith9turbo; 09-19-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #126
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

VRC in general i find is fail. I will outline below why i feel this way.

1. VRC Pro demo 5 Euro and they gimped it so bad that you need to make a full sub just to test it out.

2. Cars stock setup as no traction and no steering and will crash into a wall, this is unrealistic as i have never had any car this undrivable out of the box.

3. Using the same car and car settings that i use on the Brisbane track in real life in VRC yields no turn in and no corner grip. Car will spin out and roll at 15km/h.

4. Slight touch of curbs will result in car flipping 10m into the air even at slow speeds.

5. There is no mid range power, car will not move until engine is reving at 25,000 rpm, this is electric and IC. Again unrealistic.

6. I cannot find a way to widen the field of veiw to be able to see the turn in point on corners, how the hell am i meant to guess where the turn in point should be if by the time you can see it, it is all to late.

7. Car will spin out on corner for no reason at all, no matter what the ride height or or other settings are in IC car.

8. Generally no grip, my rl cars have too much grip most times and i cannot replicate this in VRC no matter what settings i use.

9. Just thinking about all the fail in this game makes me mad, i will say no more other than VRC Pro is a huge improvement on 3.5, but still i feel very disappointed with it because it is in my experience very unrealistic in how a car really performs.,
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #127
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone know if I can run this on a Mac?
Applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #128
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
these words from VRC PRO game manual ...

Operating system
Only Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 are supported.
VRC PRO may also run on MAC using Apples’ Boot Camp Windows emulating software,
but VRI does not provide any technical support to MAC users.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #129
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
I want to say yes. Seems like Ive seen this said about it. Not sure though.

I just got my adapter to play. Takes about a week by the way. I can see this being a good practice tool. You dont have to spend alot of money on upgrades, you can, but you dont have too. I ran some last night, and this morning. I like it. Is it worth the money? Hard to say. What is worth the money nowadays? The hobby is ridiculously expensive as it is. VRC Pro isnt any worse. And for people like me that can only get to the track once a week for racing with little to no practice, this is great. Its not an hours drive. Its not the same, but it will do for now. (Until I convince my wife to let me lay down some ozite over the back yard )
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #130
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
VRC in general i find is fail. I will outline below why i feel this way.

1. VRC Pro demo 5 Euro and they gimped it so bad that you need to make a full sub just to test it out.

2. Cars stock setup as no traction and no steering and will crash into a wall, this is unrealistic as i have never had any car this undrivable out of the box.

3. Using the same car and car settings that i use on the Brisbane track in real life in VRC yields no turn in and no corner grip. Car will spin out and roll at 15km/h.

4. Slight touch of curbs will result in car flipping 10m into the air even at slow speeds.

5. There is no mid range power, car will not move until engine is reving at 25,000 rpm, this is electric and IC. Again unrealistic.

6. I cannot find a way to widen the field of veiw to be able to see the turn in point on corners, how the hell am i meant to guess where the turn in point should be if by the time you can see it, it is all to late.

7. Car will spin out on corner for no reason at all, no matter what the ride height or or other settings are in IC car.

8. Generally no grip, my rl cars have too much grip most times and i cannot replicate this in VRC no matter what settings i use.

9. Just thinking about all the fail in this game makes me mad, i will say no more other than VRC Pro is a huge improvement on 3.5, but still i feel very disappointed with it because it is in my experience very unrealistic in how a car really performs.,
the + and - keys zoom in and out, there is a list of keyboard shortcuts that comes up, i think its F1. E and + or - adjusts your steering expo on the fly

Still its not an accurate simulator. Its so frustrating. To me its like the cars' steering doesnt centre by itself so im constantly overcorrecting, and the limited setup adjustment is annoying, its not like it should be - they should have maybe used the proper setup sheet for each car as a place to make adjustment. I know im used to the Tamiya setup sheets

im not a grand master at driving thats why i bought VRC, the old version had a better car feel than VRC Pro, and the car setup was more comprehensive - hopefully someone from VRC is reading this forum and will make the required changes
junn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #131
Tech Regular

havent had any of these problems, about steering it sounds that the radio hasnt been calibrated right

no setup adjustments, have you tried modified?

spec racing is for beginners that wants to learn racing, perfect by vrc to make them limited in setup! (spec racing is really funny too, equals everything)
Old 09-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #132
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the more I mess with it the more fun and useful it can be. I've got 3 or 4 cars so far, the free ones of course. Having the adapter where I can use my own radio sure helps. If you can adjust the traction on track conditions I think it will really be useful. So far I've run on tracks with 100% traction, nothing like the track I run on in real life. But right now I'm just having fun and haven't really done mch but l fiddle around.
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #133
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm a huge fan of VRC. I logged countless hours in the old version and the new one is a huge improvement. Remember all you haters out there that bash something because you're getting hosed by a hundred other people that figured it out, its just a computer sim. How many people have put a real r/c down on the track done a lap and said "wtf? Thats not what its supposed to do." VRC is just a different beast and just like any new class you start running, you have to work at it to figure out how to go fast.
gubbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #134
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbs3 View Post
I'm a huge fan of VRC. I logged countless hours in the old version and the new one is a huge improvement. Remember all you haters out there that bash something because you're getting hosed by a hundred other people that figured it out, its just a computer sim. How many people have put a real r/c down on the track done a lap and said "wtf? Thats not what its supposed to do." VRC is just a different beast and just like any new class you start running, you have to work at it to figure out how to go fast.
+1
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #135
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbs3 View Post
For me, its not that it is different, its that in certain instances it is totally unrealistic, a game that is a sim that has such crazy physics of a car going 10km that slightly grazes a curb or disk etc, flips 10m into the air. Or in the case of the Brisbane track, we use the curbs in some places, but you touch a curb and you go into a crazy crash with 10 rolls and this is at any speed in the game, thats just crazy.

Take a RTR nitro car out of a box, drop on some foams and hit the track, the car will handle ok but might be poor in places, take the same nitro car in VRC with a stock configuration and it acts like a drift car on plastic wheels.

It is not about being wiped by 100 other people, that i could not care about, its about being able to have a car with a stock configuration that is going to perform just like any real Rc out of the box, kind of ok but needs improvement to be fast.

My Hobao GPX4 Pro i use about 1/2 throttle through corners, the stock nitro in VRC needs about 20,000 RPM just to get it moving, so you have only 1 drive style, full throttle and stop. You cannot adjust the clutch, so thats all you got, and when you do get moving, you are fish tailing about because there is no traction, while i might break traction coming out of a corner if i mash the throttle on my Hobao, i have never once ever had the car fishtail if i mash it off the line from stop. I might add also, that with my Hobao the only thing i have changed on the setting is a little less camber and foam tires and i can drive ok lap times, im just not consistent yet.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote